Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 07:13 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GRE 1: Q161 V170
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 220 Q1 V2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
lol so i was not the only one. they just mismatched my name :-)

HBSHopeful87 wrote:
Did anyone else on the forum receive an e-mail from admissions today explaining that they were looking for official GMAT score verification?

It seems that my official score report got crossed in the shuffle, but seeing that e-mail "HBS MBA Application" certainly got my heart pounding! Best of luck to all fellow applicants - I hope we'll all have the chance to meet next year!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Mourinho2nd wrote:
lol so i was not the only one. they just mismatched my name :-)

HBSHopeful87 wrote:
Did anyone else on the forum receive an e-mail from admissions today explaining that they were looking for official GMAT score verification?

It seems that my official score report got crossed in the shuffle, but seeing that e-mail "HBS MBA Application" certainly got my heart pounding! Best of luck to all fellow applicants - I hope we'll all have the chance to meet next year!

Same here! They also mismatched my name, but already got an email saying that it has been corrected and that its all set. It was quite a scare!

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.64
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
interesting....so they verify before admitting huh....then they get to see my **** track record rather than just 1 score i'm screwed
Intern
Intern
Send PM
goinggolfing wrote:
interesting....so they verify before admitting huh....then they get to see my **** track record rather than just 1 score i'm screwed

no worry. as they mention on their website, they need official score from all. they are doing this just to make sure no one lies.

Originally posted by Mourinho2nd on 05 Dec 2014, 10:06.
Last edited by Mourinho2nd on 05 Dec 2014, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.64
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Yea maybe nothing to worry about...i read the fine print on the website and they claim to only consider the score you submit in the application and they are just verifying....hoping this menial task is given to someone with no admit authority as a post decision check ha

omg i'm really overanalyzing
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hm, I wonder if they are asking for the official score from everyone for whom an official score has not been submitted or only for those whom they are planning to admit... O.o

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Voxius wrote:
Hm, I wonder if they are asking for the official score from everyone for whom an official score has not been submitted or only for those whom they are planning to admit... O.o

I would like to think that they are not asking for official score reports of candidates which they have decided to ding based on their self reported score. I mean, why would you want to validate that score if it wont change your decision, unless you believe there is a possibility that the self-reported score is lower than the official score. But then again, if someone did not check their score right when submitting the application and in fact submitted a lower score than the one he/she actually got, then I would say he/she deserves a ding ! jajaj

Originally posted by LexLuthor on 05 Dec 2014, 14:02.
Last edited by LexLuthor on 05 Dec 2014, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
So are we thinking that anyone who DIDNT get this email is dinged? I got no email.

I remember that I submitted my score to HBS when I took the GMAT itself so I imagine they have an official score. Or maybe I'm just trying to give myself false hope.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
In the email they mentioned that they were doing for all interviewed applicants, and I don't think there are any good reasons for them to lie. Even if they do for ppl who they plan to admit, that does not mean that you are not accepted because probably they don't have any issues finding your official GMAT score report.

@LexLuther: huhmm that's exactly what I thought at first but I would imagine that an adcom will make sure all the GMAT scores are exactly as reported. Yesterday, I talked to the admission office and they directed me to IT support. As you could imagine, matching scores is not that much of a hassle via IT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also, problems like this must have happened many times in the past. If they had checked only ppl who they admitted, people on gmatclub would have recognized the trend. That does not make HBS look any good when they said that they were doing so for all interviewed.

anyway, as much as i want to believe that they check my gmat as they want to accept me, it is better to keep my expectation low.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Mourinho2nd wrote:
Also, problems like this must have happened many times in the past. If they had checked only ppl who they admitted, people on gmatclub would have recognized the trend. That does not make HBS look any good when they said that they were doing so for all interviewed.

anyway, as much as i want to believe that they check my gmat as they want to accept me, it is better to keep my expectation low.

I think i didn't explain myself well. I dont mean to imply that only people who they plan to accept got the e-mail. What I meant to say was that I believe people they are validating the GMAT score for everyone, but in case there is a name mismatch or they dont find somenone's score report, then they are only bothering to contact the people they plan to accept to report the issue and have it solved. Why would you have someone go through the trouble of having their score report re-sent (if they in fact dont have it) if you already know that you don't plan to accept them anyhow? I any case, I acknowledge this is still only speculation, which I am tempted to do because it would play in my favour jajajaj.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Science (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
If they redirected the responses to IT, I'm imagining they've decoupled it from the admissions decision. If they are like normal humans, they're probably going to be finalizing up until the last possible minute. Or at least that's what someone who didn't receive an email hopes!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: HBS '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q48 V47
Send PM
Also keep in mind that people are only receiving these emails if the adcom is having trouble finding their official report. If you haven't gotten an email, check your application proof to see if the GMAT page has been updated. I looked at mine last night and noticed that it had changed from only showing the self-reported score to now showing two verified scores.

We're almost there guys! Only a few more days of paranoia...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
impecunious109 wrote:
Also keep in mind that people are only receiving these emails if the adcom is having trouble finding their official report. If you haven't gotten an email, check your application proof to see if the GMAT page has been updated. I looked at mine last night and noticed that it had changed from only showing the self-reported score to now showing two verified scores.

We're almost there guys! Only a few more days of paranoia...

My application proof still says self-reported, even when Dana said it was all set :S
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ah ha I did not think of that. that could be it.

or may be they have not finalized their decision. and the gmat checking is happening in the mean time.

finger crossed now! exams and projects coming up. I should study.

LexLuthor wrote:
Mourinho2nd wrote:

I think i didn't explain myself well. I dont mean to imply that only people who they plan to accept got the e-mail. What I meant to say was that I believe people they are validating the GMAT score for everyone, but in case there is a name mismatch or they dont find somenone's score report, then they are only bothering to contact the people they plan to accept to report the issue and have it solved. Why would you have someone go through the trouble of having their score report re-sent (if they in fact dont have it) if you already know that you don't plan to accept them anyhow? I any case, I acknowledge this is still only speculation, which I am tempted to do because it would play in my favour jajajaj.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
On my test scores page of application proof it reads "verified score" so I'm feeling okay.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Mine says verified, but there is only one score (I only took the GMAT once). Did people have proofs that listed self-reported and verified?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts