Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 07:54 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
wonderwoman wrote:
Mine says verified, but there is only one score (I only took the GMAT once). Did people have proofs that listed self-reported and verified?

Same here! I only took the GMAT once and it says verified for me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Kudos
I know it's impossible, but try not to over-analyze these things. Given how Type-A HBS applicants are, I highly doubt that the admissions committee would segment its decisions prematurely in this way. They know that these forums exist.

p.s. I did not receive any email last year when I applied, but I submitted by official scores to HBS when I took the GMAT

p.p.s. Good luck on Wednesday!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Anyone got their GRE status shown "verified" ? mine is still being "self-reported" and now I'm getting anxious
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.55
WE:Asset Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
intlstudent wrote:
Anyone got their GRE status shown "verified" ? mine is still being "self-reported" and now I'm getting anxious

What is wrong with being self-reported?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: HBS '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q48 V47
Send PM
intlstudent wrote:

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I made my original post about the verification in the application proof to try to calm some nerves, but it looks like it might be having the opposite effect.

I think we have to take the adcom at their word here. If they say that they are verifying everyone's scores, then they're probably verifying everyone's scores. It's possible that your score just hasn't been updated in the system yet, or that they verify GRE scores after GMAT scores. There are several possible explanations for why your score is still self-reported, and almost all of them have no bearing on your candidacy. I'm also a huge ball of anxiety right now, so I certainly understand where you're coming from. We'll all have a good laugh about this thread over beers next year in Boston. :beer

P.S. When did we get so many emoticons?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
impecunious109 wrote:
intlstudent wrote:

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I made my original post about the verification in the application proof to try to calm some nerves, but it looks like it might be having the opposite effect.

I think we have to take the adcom at their word here. If they say that they are verifying everyone's scores, then they're probably verifying everyone's scores. It's possible that your score just hasn't been updated in the system yet, or that they verify GRE scores after GMAT scores. There are several possible explanations for why your score is still self-reported, and almost all of them have no bearing on your candidacy. I'm also a huge ball of anxiety right now, so I certainly understand where you're coming from. We'll all have a good laugh about this thread over beers next year in Boston. :beer

P.S. When did we get so many emoticons?

Thanks for the cheering up =P.

I am desperately trying to find something to distract myself from this anxious waiting period ..... :?

orgilsed wrote:
intlstudent wrote:

What is wrong with being self-reported?

I was just being paranoid as people were saying that their scores being "verified" in the application system while mine is still "self reported". I was just second-guessing whether it might have any implication to my candidacy : )
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone!

I also got the discussed GMAT/GMAC email, and after figuring out it was a name mismatch I got an "all set" response, however my TOEFL and GMAT scores still read "self-reported" in the application proof. Did the status change for anyone who got the email?

And good luck to all on Wendesday!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
ygoncho wrote:
Hi everyone!

I also got the discussed GMAT/GMAC email, and after figuring out it was a name mismatch I got an "all set" response, however my TOEFL and GMAT scores still read "self-reported" in the application proof. Did the status change for anyone who got the email?

And good luck to all on Wendesday!

I went through the same. In my case it was also a name mismatch, and I also got an "all set" response, yet my scores are still self-reported. Ergo, you are not alone! haha
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
I know that round one decisions are not too far away. You may be interested in the Harvard acceptance rate analysis I just finished. Obviously if you were selected to interview then your odds are much higher for admissions than the average person who applies, but it could give you an idea of your chances. Maybe later I'll see if I can generate a prediction for acceptance out of the applicants who were selected for interviews.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 1 Notification Day News
This info is for Round One applicants who have interviewed and are waiting (patiently) for December 10. But hearing how things happen here might be interesting for those of you planning on Rounds 2 or 3.

All interviewed candidates will get news from us on Wednesday, December 10. Hopefully this will happen at noon, EST. If we anticipate any delays, we’ll get word out. At noon, you may log in to your application and you will find a status update.

One of three decisions will be there:

• Sorry, but we’re unable to offer you a place
  • We’d like to put you on the waitlist
  • You’re in!

All admitted candidates will have immediate access to the Prematriculation website which has lots of detail about what’s ahead.

All waitlisted candidates will receive more information about timing, updates, etc.

Candidates who are denied post-interview will learn about opportunities for touchpoint calls.

That’s about it. All I can add is that we met great people in the interview process and are honored that they want to be at HBS.

Back to checking decisions, double-checking, triple-checking and so on.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
ConsultingOrBust wrote:
I know that round one decisions are not too far away. You may be interested in the Harvard acceptance rate analysis I just finished. Obviously if you were selected to interview then your odds are much higher for admissions than the average person who applies, but it could give you an idea of your chances. Maybe later I'll see if I can generate a prediction for acceptance out of the applicants who were selected for interviews.

Good luck!

I'm amazed (and mildly mortified given I'm R2) by the difference between round 1 and round 2 acceptance! Do you have any insight on additional factors and whether correlation =/= causation?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
henry8601 wrote:
ConsultingOrBust wrote:

Good luck!

I'm amazed (and mildly mortified given I'm R2) by the difference between round 1 and round 2 acceptance! Do you have any insight on additional factors and whether correlation =/= causation?

The difference in acceptance rate remains even after taking into account GMAT, GPA, work experience and the industry you work in. I looked at the profiles of round one and round two applicants they are basically identical. GMAT scores are less than 1 point higher in round 1. It seems as though the entire difference in acceptance rate is the round you apply in, unless there is some factor that is not captured in the data, like the quality of the essay or the company you work at.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V47
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
24 hour countdown begins.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GRE 1: Q161 V170
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
But who's counting...

Best of luck everyone, I hope you guys have had an easier wait than me. I am not patient!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.64
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
i'm basically a wreck...i feel like its impossible to keep expectations low
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GRE 1: Q161 V170
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I try and prepare for the worst.

The one downside of such an open process is that all my friends know I'll either be celebrating or furiously working on my next app tomorrow night!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.64
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
GavinE wrote:
I try and prepare for the worst.

The one downside of such an open process is that all my friends know I'll either be celebrating or furiously working on my next app tomorrow night!

so true....if i could go back 6 months id never tell ppl where im applying. Getting into Kellogg/Booth/Tuck will surely be the subheadline to whatever the HBS decision is.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts