Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 01:46 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 01:46
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8919 [0]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 949 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants: Sep. 2020 & Jan. 2021 Intakes [#permalink]
Hey Guys,

IE business school is offering a new program "Tech MBA" starting Jan 2021. Let us know if anyone opted for it and your inputs on the program are much appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Rotman '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V34
Send PM
coreyander, did you get any info about IE tech MBA.
I am also looking for the same.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: IE (M$)
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Ritesh92gmat wrote:

Hi, I'm already enrolled in the program and I'm going to start in Sept 2021. What would you like to know?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Rotman '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V34
Send PM
niklas87 wrote:
Ritesh92gmat wrote:

Hi, I'm already enrolled in the program and I'm going to start in Sept 2021. What would you like to know?

Hi,
As I am International student, i am more worried about post mba opportunities and also this is a new program by IE.
Do you have any idea or any info about post mba opportunities?
Intern
Intern
Schools: IE (M$)
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Ritesh92gmat wrote:
niklas87 wrote:
Ritesh92gmat wrote:

Hi,
As I am International student, i am more worried about post mba opportunities and also this is a new program by IE.
Do you have any idea or any info about post mba opportunities?

Hey!

I am an international student, as well.

The fact that it is a new program for sure that sets some uncertainties, but there is also the fact that there is a real need to have better-prepared leaders in technology, so the Tech MBA fills a need in the market.

If your market is Europe or Latin-America, I don't think it would be an issue. Because of the school's reputation and because the program has many opportunities to do networking with technological companies in Spain. You have technology treks, your thesis can be based on a real-world problem, and many professors and board members have executive positions in many technological companies (e.g.: IBM).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
This user wants to stay Private wrote:
So I had my interview yesterday with the associate director of admissions. It was a good discussion and very well conducted. There was no "tell me about yourself" which I appreciated immensely as it did seem like he had went through my profile. Started off with what values of IE I identified with. Why IE? Discussion about IMBA and TechMBA. Some questions around my interest in tech. AI/ML related questions - how to explain to a grandparent, how will you get them to invest, what will be the benefits. Few questions on digital transformation - what are some successful examples and what will be some obstacles if I were to be charge of such an activity.

That's all I remember sadly, I have poor memory but the interviewer was great. I was open and honest and he seemed to appreciate that. Finally I was given time to ask questions. All in all it took an hour although at the beginning the expectation was to wrap up in 40 mins.

The interview debrief here really helped me. I didn't do any other preparation - my job workload did not allow me to as well. But they are not looking for right answers but trying to judge the thought process and critical thinking ability. The interview was a fun experience, I was nervous going into it and credit to the interviewer to put me at ease from the beginning by not being intimidating and properly introducing himself and setting the tone of the discussion at the beginning.

Edit: oh there were also questions on what I thought were gaps in my application/skillset and what would make me a good batchmate and what an ideal batchmate would be from my perspective.

Edit 2: and on startup and entrepreneurship.. I am editing this as I recall moref stuff :-)

Can you explain a bit on the techmba part??

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
Send PM
Hey Guys !

I am planning on applying to the January 2022 intake and wanted to take inputs from students or applicants in the past.

1. Is it the right time to apply to ie for the Jan intake or is it a little late?

2. The about you questions sounds quite confusing in itself, have students in the past used it to answer the Why Mba and post MBA goals bit or is it entirely about the personal life of the applicant and the challenges faced in it?

3. Can someone share the kind of KIRA questions IE has asked. Wanted to understand this because in case they ask about the why mba and career goals questions there, I would not want to put in the same content twice.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74327 [0]
Given Kudos: 20635
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All IE Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All IE Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All IE Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated IE Forum to dive into all things related to IE's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6985 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
236 posts