Last visit was: 06 Oct 2024, 02:12 It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 02:12
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
European Schools Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants: Sep. 2020 & Jan. 2021 Intakes [#permalink]
Hi
Just got an admit from IE .
could you tell me when is the decision about financial aid conveyed ?
Praful2910
acme786
Hi everyone ..

From india.. am Looking for jan 2021 intake ..
Is this the right time to apply? Am complete with all essays etc..
Any guidance wrt online assessment?

Kind regards!

Posted from my mobile device

Yes, this is the right time. IE has rolling admissions policy. If you are looking for financial aid, the sooner the better.
I got admitted to IMBA Jan 21 intake.
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
acme786
Hi

Hi acme786

Congrats on the admit.

You will need to apply for financial aid separately from the admissions application. Have you done this already? Have you discussed this with your local admissions representative?

If not, do both of these items in the reverse order than above (talk to your local adcom first).

JMM
Send PM
Hi
Already applied for financial aid at the time of admission only.
Was not at all in touch with local admn rep.
Only after admit got a mail from local rep and informed me that financial aid committee decision shall be conveyed soon once they meet.
Regards.
JMMadison
acme786
Hi

Hi acme786

Congrats on the admit.

You will need to apply for financial aid separately from the admissions application. Have you done this already? Have you discussed this with your local admissions representative?

If not, do both of these items in the reverse order than above (talk to your local adcom first).

JMM

Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey everyone,

34 year old American applying for January 2021 iMBA. A little bit of background about me: graduated with my BA cum laude in 2010 in history/English literature, worked in state legislative government for two years with a majority ranking senator and then made the transition to healthcare doing research and technical work for four years in the field of ophthalmology. Will graduate this year with an US allopathic M.D. degree but have decided against continuing on into residency and have decided to go in a different direction. My GPA during undergrad was decent (3.6) and I have a pretty strong resume and good recommendations. Overall, I wouldn't say I'm not the strongest qualified applicant to IE but I guess I have some strong components to my application.

I'm preparing to take the ieGAT on April 20 and will be submitting my application this week. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts, recommendations/suggestions or comments on going forward with this process? I've been in touch with the admissions representative from New York and truthfully she has been fantastic so far through this whole process. IE is my number one choice and I have no intention of remaining in the USA following graduation.

- S. Udall
abdicationcrisis
Hey everyone,

34 year old American applying for January 2021 iMBA. A little bit of background about me: graduated with my BA cum laude in 2010 in history/English literature, worked in state legislative government for two years with a majority ranking senator and then made the transition to healthcare doing research and technical work for four years in the field of ophthalmology. Will graduate this year with an US allopathic M.D. degree but have decided against continuing on into residency and have decided to go in a different direction. My GPA during undergrad was decent (3.6) and I have a pretty strong resume and good recommendations. Overall, I wouldn't say I'm not the strongest qualified applicant to IE but I guess I have some strong components to my application.

I'm preparing to take the ieGAT on April 20 and will be submitting my application this week. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts, recommendations/suggestions or comments on going forward with this process? I've been in touch with the admissions representative from New York and truthfully she has been fantastic so far through this whole process. IE is my number one choice and I have no intention of remaining in the USA following graduation.

- S. Udall

Hi S. Udall

Any reason why you are taking the ieGAT and not the GMAT?

What is your post-MBA goals?

Without digging into too much detail, I think you have a good/interesting profile that would add to the IE community. Keep staying in touch with the admissions reps, I strongly believe that is important to the process.

Lets chat offline sometime to help answer any specific questions you have. PM me.

JMM
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: IE '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 800 Q60 V60
WE:Programming (Other)
Send PM
Hi Is there a group for Jan 21 intake admitted students ??

Send PM
Hi Jason,
Hope you and all the current IMBA class are well.
I'm not sure if it is covered elsewhere in a different thread but it would be great if you could speak to your experiences so far with the programme, especially since the move online due to Covid ?
Additionally, I imagine you are coming up towards the Labs period of the programme - which one are you selecting? and what planned adaptions have the school communicated?
Many thanks!
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I got an admit today for September 2020 intake. Can someone help if you guys have a Watsapp group or a Facebook group to interact.
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: IE '22 (A)
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
aviral101032
Hi everyone,

I got an admit today for September 2020 intake. Can someone help if you guys have a Watsapp group or a Facebook group to interact.

COngratulations aviral101032 on admit.

There is a Facebook group-
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1664878450480203/
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
chat DOT WP DOT com/LphqlDCmvfK6sjNZWo2OYn

https://gmatclub.com/chat group. Change wp to what sapp and DOT to .

Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hey Guys,

I have been admitted for Sept 2020, but have had to defer until Jan 2021 intake. IE have asked me to send my deposit and donation to the IE foundation in order to confirm my place. Have been trying to get in contact with anyone from admissions to ask them to confirm the bank details for the transfer over the phone but am not having any luck.
I just want to make sure I haven't been Phished. It seems imprudent to wire a bank account 10,000 euro without double checking right?

Has anyone else got the Instituto de Empresa BIC, and IBAN handy to compare with mine?

Don't want to seem paranoid, but also don't want to lose my hard earned deposit!

Thanks
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V37
WE:Sales (Consumer Packaged Goods)
Send PM
BIC: BSCHESMMXXX
IBAN: ES5600491811372190085430

Send PM
Guys,
I have done my application during the last two weeks for IE JAN intake 2021 in MIM and Dual Degree in MIM and Real Estate Development.
They told me that I did well on the IEGat so there was no need to do another entrance exam.
Moreover, I was called for an interview and I did it this morning and I thought it was decent.
Do you have any opinions about this? How long do they take to let me know now?
Is it really hard to be admitted for such a dual degree doing an application on May for January?
Last but not least, they tend to admit people who interview?
Thanks!

Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all hope you are all doing well. I just wanted to let you guys know about my application experience at IE.

About ME :

Nationality: Indian WE: 72 months Industry: Investment Banking + Consulting
Highest Qualification: MA Economics Exam: IEGAT

Experience:
I believe the IE Business school online application is extremely user friendly. The IMBA application is split into multiple tranches. For people applying must-have items include an updated resume, all mark sheets, and merit certificates.
The application form is extremely flexible as it allows people to answer the question in multiple formats. Suggest the applicant to make the most of it.
The next part of the process is a KIRA interview. Suggest the applicant to prepare and give multiple rounds of mock interviews.
I also gave the IEGAT exam.
There are two main sources of practice. 1. iegatpracticetest and 2. jobtestprep
After completing the IEGAT I was given an interview invite. (I will also upload an interview debrief shortly)
It was one of the most elaborate, interesting, and thought-provoking interviews I have ever given. The interview lasted 45 minutes. The interviewer ensured that the interview was more of a conversation rather than an intimidating Q&A session.
My personal process timeline was as follows.
Day 1: Application submission
Day 2: Kira Invite Link
Day 3: Practice Kira online (1 week time to submit the final interview)
Day 9: Kira submission
Day 18: IEGAT (Please block 2 hours on your agenda for the exam and make sure your internet connection is stable)
Day 22: Interview Invite (Ensure stable internet connection)
Day 26: Admit letter (2-week window to reserve the spot).
As IE was my first choice of business school, I accepted the offer instantly.
Wishing all current and future applicants the best of luck.
Inner Peace
Hi all hope you are all doing well. I just wanted to let you guys know about my application experience at IE.

About ME :

Nationality: Indian WE: 72 months Industry: Investment Banking + Consulting
Highest Qualification: MA Economics Exam: IEGAT

Experience:
I believe the IE Business school online application is extremely user friendly. The IMBA application is split into multiple tranches. For people applying must-have items include an updated resume, all mark sheets, and merit certificates.
The application form is extremely flexible as it allows people to answer the question in multiple formats. Suggest the applicant to make the most of it.
The next part of the process is a KIRA interview. Suggest the applicant to prepare and give multiple rounds of mock interviews.
I also gave the IEGAT exam.
There are two main sources of practice. 1. iegatpracticetest and 2. jobtestprep
After completing the IEGAT I was given an interview invite. (I will also upload an interview debrief shortly)
It was one of the most elaborate, interesting, and thought-provoking interviews I have ever given. The interview lasted 45 minutes. The interviewer ensured that the interview was more of a conversation rather than an intimidating Q&A session.
My personal process timeline was as follows.
Day 1: Application submission
Day 2: Kira Invite Link
Day 3: Practice Kira online (1 week time to submit the final interview)
Day 9: Kira submission
Day 18: IEGAT (Please block 2 hours on your agenda for the exam and make sure your internet connection is stable)
Day 22: Interview Invite (Ensure stable internet connection)
Day 26: Admit letter (2-week window to reserve the spot).
As IE was my first choice of business school, I accepted the offer instantly.
Wishing all current and future applicants the best of luck.

Congrats!!
Send PM

Originally posted by IamIEStudent on 07 Jun 2020, 08:29.
Last edited by IamIEStudent on 10 Jun 2020, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 409
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 570 Q44 V23
GMAT 2: 610 Q48 V26
Send PM
IamIEStudent
Intel from a current student: This has honestly been the worst investment in my life! First the rankings, and second how the administration handled the coronavirus situation. It has been a massive massive disappointment.

IamIEStudent Can you elaborate more on this ? As many (including myself) are considering IE. Any first hand info is widely helpful.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
7080 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
234 posts