GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 20:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IE IMBA Applicants: Sep. 2020 & Jan. 2021 Intakes

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants: Sep. 2020 & Jan. 2021 Intakes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2020, 09:05
Hello All,

Can you help with these two questions?

1. Is there a pre-set format for letters of recommendation? If so can you please share

2. The essay questions - Do we know which ones these are? I would like to prepare before starting the online application

Thanks
Stefan
European Schools Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Real Estate)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2020, 22:36
bluefalkin wrote:
Hello All,

Can you help with these two questions?

1. Is there a pre-set format for letters of recommendation? If so can you please share

2. The essay questions - Do we know which ones these are? I would like to prepare before starting the online application

Thanks
Stefan

Hi Stefan

I will give a little information below, but want to preface with a couple of suggestions.
- If you are not in contact with your local admissions representative, make contact immediately and keep in touch regularly. They will help you through the process and help answer questions that you may have (and not find here).
- Starting the application online is the best way to see this information directly. It can be saved and completed over time. Trust me, there are many more items to prepare for than the two you mentioned above. There are many little 'write-ups' or questions that you will want to take 'off-line' and write/read/edit until satisfied to enter in the application. Hint - Submitting an Org. Chart is a typical requirement.

Given that, here is the quick answer to your questions above.

1. There is no template needed initially. Your will input full contact details for your recommenders in the online application; which will send them an email to complete the letter of recommendation.
- FYI - You should be managing this process, just like all others of the application. Not influencing or performing (writing) any part of this, but managing the person and expectations. Contact them and make sure they are aware of your goals and are up to date on your accomplishments/experience. Start this early, 2+ months before you will submit the application.

2. The essay question has typically been very vague. "What is the most important thing that you would like us to know that is not in your resume or application?
- This can be an essay, video, powerpoint, prezi, etc. submission. (does not appear to be a preference to any specific format, my classmates have all submit differently - I wrote a formal essay)
- It is important to write about yourself, and does not need to be in a business context. This is where many potential business students fall short - they think they need to weave in a business story of accomplishment or something. You do not...if a business accomplishment was that important, it should show up in your resume or application and should not be duplicated here.
- Write about something personal, so they can see what you are like. The admissions reps are very personable and want to choose people that they would enjoy or see benefit of being in a class with. I think I wrote about minimalism...

Good Luck and reach out if you have any other questions.

JMM
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2020, 07:50
taruns2000 wrote:
Thanks Guys,

I have mailed to the admission team. I shall wait for the communication.

Regards,

Hi
Did you hear back from them ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2020, 04:58
Hi
Just got an admit from IE .
could you tell me when is the decision about financial aid conveyed ?
Praful2910 wrote:
acme786 wrote:
Hi everyone ..

From india.. am Looking for jan 2021 intake ..
Is this the right time to apply? Am complete with all essays etc..
Any guidance wrt online assessment?

Kind regards!

Yes, this is the right time. IE has rolling admissions policy. If you are looking for financial aid, the sooner the better.
I got admitted to IMBA Jan 21 intake.
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2020, 12:47
acme786 wrote:
Hi

Hi acme786

Congrats on the admit.

You will need to apply for financial aid separately from the admissions application. Have you done this already? Have you discussed this with your local admissions representative?

If not, do both of these items in the reverse order than above (talk to your local adcom first).

JMM
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2020, 18:03
Hi
Already applied for financial aid at the time of admission only.
Was not at all in touch with local admn rep.
Only after admit got a mail from local rep and informed me that financial aid committee decision shall be conveyed soon once they meet.
Regards.
JMMadison wrote:
acme786 wrote:
Hi

Hi acme786

Congrats on the admit.

You will need to apply for financial aid separately from the admissions application. Have you done this already? Have you discussed this with your local admissions representative?

If not, do both of these items in the reverse order than above (talk to your local adcom first).

JMM

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2020, 17:57
Hey everyone,

34 year old American applying for January 2021 iMBA. A little bit of background about me: graduated with my BA cum laude in 2010 in history/English literature, worked in state legislative government for two years with a majority ranking senator and then made the transition to healthcare doing research and technical work for four years in the field of ophthalmology. Will graduate this year with an US allopathic M.D. degree but have decided against continuing on into residency and have decided to go in a different direction. My GPA during undergrad was decent (3.6) and I have a pretty strong resume and good recommendations. Overall, I wouldn't say I'm not the strongest qualified applicant to IE but I guess I have some strong components to my application.

I'm preparing to take the ieGAT on April 20 and will be submitting my application this week. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts, recommendations/suggestions or comments on going forward with this process? I've been in touch with the admissions representative from New York and truthfully she has been fantastic so far through this whole process. IE is my number one choice and I have no intention of remaining in the USA following graduation.

- S. Udall
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2020, 22:43
abdicationcrisis wrote:
Hey everyone,

34 year old American applying for January 2021 iMBA. A little bit of background about me: graduated with my BA cum laude in 2010 in history/English literature, worked in state legislative government for two years with a majority ranking senator and then made the transition to healthcare doing research and technical work for four years in the field of ophthalmology. Will graduate this year with an US allopathic M.D. degree but have decided against continuing on into residency and have decided to go in a different direction. My GPA during undergrad was decent (3.6) and I have a pretty strong resume and good recommendations. Overall, I wouldn't say I'm not the strongest qualified applicant to IE but I guess I have some strong components to my application.

I'm preparing to take the ieGAT on April 20 and will be submitting my application this week. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts, recommendations/suggestions or comments on going forward with this process? I've been in touch with the admissions representative from New York and truthfully she has been fantastic so far through this whole process. IE is my number one choice and I have no intention of remaining in the USA following graduation.

- S. Udall

Hi S. Udall

Any reason why you are taking the ieGAT and not the GMAT?

What is your post-MBA goals?

Without digging into too much detail, I think you have a good/interesting profile that would add to the IE community. Keep staying in touch with the admissions reps, I strongly believe that is important to the process.

Lets chat offline sometime to help answer any specific questions you have. PM me.

JMM
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: IE '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 800 Q60 V60
WE: Programming (Other)

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2020, 19:00
Hi Is there a group for Jan 21 intake admitted students ??

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2020, 04:17
Hi Jason,
Hope you and all the current IMBA class are well.
I'm not sure if it is covered elsewhere in a different thread but it would be great if you could speak to your experiences so far with the programme, especially since the move online due to Covid ?
Additionally, I imagine you are coming up towards the Labs period of the programme - which one are you selecting? and what planned adaptions have the school communicated?
Many thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.34

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2020, 03:46
Hi everyone,

I got an admit today for September 2020 intake. Can someone help if you guys have a Watsapp group or a Facebook group to interact.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: IE '22 (A)
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Calling all IE IMBA Applicants: Sep. 2020 & Jan. 2021 Intakes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2020, 12:42
aviral101032 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I got an admit today for September 2020 intake. Can someone help if you guys have a Watsapp group or a Facebook group to interact.

COngratulations aviral101032 on admit.

There is a Facebook group-
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1664878450480203/
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2020, 09:49
chat DOT WP DOT com/LphqlDCmvfK6sjNZWo2OYn

https://gmatclub.com/chat group. Change wp to what sapp and DOT to .

Intern
Intern
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 02:01
Hey Guys,

I have been admitted for Sept 2020, but have had to defer until Jan 2021 intake. IE have asked me to send my deposit and donation to the IE foundation in order to confirm my place. Have been trying to get in contact with anyone from admissions to ask them to confirm the bank details for the transfer over the phone but am not having any luck.
I just want to make sure I haven't been Phished. It seems imprudent to wire a bank account 10,000 euro without double checking right?

Has anyone else got the Instituto de Empresa BIC, and IBAN handy to compare with mine?

Don't want to seem paranoid, but also don't want to lose my hard earned deposit!

Thanks
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 02:18
BIC: BSCHESMMXXX
IBAN: ES5600491811372190085430

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2020, 09:05
Guys,
I have done my application during the last two weeks for IE JAN intake 2021 in MIM and Dual Degree in MIM and Real Estate Development.
They told me that I did well on the IEGat so there was no need to do another entrance exam.
Moreover, I was called for an interview and I did it this morning and I thought it was decent.
Do you have any opinions about this? How long do they take to let me know now?
Is it really hard to be admitted for such a dual degree doing an application on May for January?
Last but not least, they tend to admit people who interview?
Thanks!

Intern
Intern
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 00:03
Hi all hope you are all doing well. I just wanted to let you guys know about my application experience at IE.

About ME :

Nationality: Indian WE: 72 months Industry: Investment Banking + Consulting
Highest Qualification: MA Economics Exam: IEGAT

Experience:
I believe the IE Business school online application is extremely user friendly. The IMBA application is split into multiple tranches. For people applying must-have items include an updated resume, all mark sheets, and merit certificates.
The application form is extremely flexible as it allows people to answer the question in multiple formats. Suggest the applicant to make the most of it.
The next part of the process is a KIRA interview. Suggest the applicant to prepare and give multiple rounds of mock interviews.
I also gave the IEGAT exam.
There are two main sources of practice. 1. iegatpracticetest and 2. jobtestprep
After completing the IEGAT I was given an interview invite. (I will also upload an interview debrief shortly)
It was one of the most elaborate, interesting, and thought-provoking interviews I have ever given. The interview lasted 45 minutes. The interviewer ensured that the interview was more of a conversation rather than an intimidating Q&A session.
My personal process timeline was as follows.
Day 1: Application submission
Day 2: Kira Invite Link
Day 3: Practice Kira online (1 week time to submit the final interview)
Day 9: Kira submission
Day 18: IEGAT (Please block 2 hours on your agenda for the exam and make sure your internet connection is stable)
Day 22: Interview Invite (Ensure stable internet connection)
Day 26: Admit letter (2-week window to reserve the spot).
As IE was my first choice of business school, I accepted the offer instantly.
Wishing all current and future applicants the best of luck.
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 00:16
Inner Peace wrote:
Hi all hope you are all doing well. I just wanted to let you guys know about my application experience at IE.

About ME :

Nationality: Indian WE: 72 months Industry: Investment Banking + Consulting
Highest Qualification: MA Economics Exam: IEGAT

Experience:
I believe the IE Business school online application is extremely user friendly. The IMBA application is split into multiple tranches. For people applying must-have items include an updated resume, all mark sheets, and merit certificates.
The application form is extremely flexible as it allows people to answer the question in multiple formats. Suggest the applicant to make the most of it.
The next part of the process is a KIRA interview. Suggest the applicant to prepare and give multiple rounds of mock interviews.
I also gave the IEGAT exam.
There are two main sources of practice. 1. iegatpracticetest and 2. jobtestprep
After completing the IEGAT I was given an interview invite. (I will also upload an interview debrief shortly)
It was one of the most elaborate, interesting, and thought-provoking interviews I have ever given. The interview lasted 45 minutes. The interviewer ensured that the interview was more of a conversation rather than an intimidating Q&A session.
My personal process timeline was as follows.
Day 1: Application submission
Day 2: Kira Invite Link
Day 3: Practice Kira online (1 week time to submit the final interview)
Day 9: Kira submission
Day 18: IEGAT (Please block 2 hours on your agenda for the exam and make sure your internet connection is stable)
Day 22: Interview Invite (Ensure stable internet connection)
Day 26: Admit letter (2-week window to reserve the spot).
As IE was my first choice of business school, I accepted the offer instantly.
Wishing all current and future applicants the best of luck.

Congrats!!
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 10 Jun 2020, 21:08

Originally posted by IamIEStudent on 07 Jun 2020, 07:29.
Last edited by IamIEStudent on 10 Jun 2020, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 570 Q44 V23
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 07:37
IamIEStudent wrote:
Intel from a current student: This has honestly been the worst investment in my life! First the rankings, and second how the administration handled the coronavirus situation. It has been a massive massive disappointment.

IamIEStudent Can you elaborate more on this ? As many (including myself) are considering IE. Any first hand info is widely helpful.
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all IE IMBA Applicants: Sep. 2020 & Jan. 2021 Intakes   [#permalink] 07 Jun 2020, 07:37

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 43 posts ] 

Calling all IE IMBA Applicants: Sep. 2020 & Jan. 2021 Intakes

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JMMadison