Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: IIMC'17 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Bangalore EPGP Applicants (2022 Intake, Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Rachit6989 wrote:
Has anyone with a GMAT score less than 700 got shortlisted? My score is less than 700 & I haven't got shortlisted. Just wanted to know this to understand for future what kind of profiles get shortlisted if the GMAT score is less than 700.

Posted from my mobile device

Yes -there would be many people who got shortlisted with less than 700 GMAT. Getting MBA admit is not only a factor of GMAT score It matters on many factors including how the contents were curated and presented to the AdCom. Please go through this post that may help to understand how to maximize odds of success of an MBA application - https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/ur ... 9763414016

Looking for a complimentary consultative discussion? Write to hello[at]mentoringsquare[dot]com or https://gmatclub.com/chat to 7604907484.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36 (Online)
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Bangalore EPGP Applicants (2022 Intake, Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Yes, I have drafted the application well, proofread by my friend, an alumni of Bangalore with a similar profile. The only thing is that he scored less on GMAT last year. Not sure what I missed; I am currently heading more than 20 employees and handling a branch of 170 croroes. Awarded by Governor also for my good work. Not sure what else I would have needed to impress adcom :D There are many 750+ candidates deliberately left out by B.

Lets see how interview in A & C will go.

mentoringsquare wrote:
Shashank933 wrote:
Friends,

I have been working for the past 7 years in a public sector bank, scored 750 in the GMAT toiled very hard for that, trust me. And have a fair share of extracurricular on my name.

&

I am not even shortlisted for Bangalore. Though I have to apply to many A-listed B-Schools abroad, such shortlisting surprised me and disgruntled me to the core.

Shashank

Getting MBA to admit is not only a factor of GMAT score and work experience. It matters on many factors, including how the contents were curated and presented to AdCom. Would you please go through this post that may help to understand how to maximize the odds of success of an MBA application - https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/ur ... 9763414016

Looking for a complimentary consultative discussion? Write to hello[at]mentoringsquare[dot]com or https://gmatclub.com/chat to 7604907484. We have achieved 100% shortlisting in IIMA-PGPX and IIMC-MBAEx R1.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38 (Online)
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V33 (Online)
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.12
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Shashank933 wrote:
Friends,

I have been working for the past 7 years in a public sector bank, scored 750 in the GMAT toiled very hard for that, trust me. And have a fair share of extracurricular on my name.

&

I am not even shortlisted for Bangalore. Though I have to apply to many A-listed B-Schools abroad, such shortlisting surprised me and disgruntled me to the core.

Shashank

I am very surprised that so many candidates with outstanding GMAT scores and a very strong academic and professional background have not been even shortlisted. The only ridiculous reason that I can think of is that the admissions team might have felt that you all would probably get into b-schools like Harvard, Insead etc, and IIMA and choose them over IIMB. So, they might have left you out to show IIMB as an institution that is very hard to get into. I cannot understand how I stood a chance against strong candidates like you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V37
Send PM
Not sure if the competition is so high this year but I got shortlisted for interviews at ABC with a 710 GMAT and 5 WE. Couldn't convert probably due to applying in Round 3.
I hope this message inspires some of you to keep trying.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I have a WE of over 9 years in the IT services. Scored 700 on the GMAT. Have good extracurricular achievements. I believe my SOP was well written too, portraying my story properly. Yet didnt get shortlisted.

Could it be a case where the programme is looking for diversity in the class and hence not looking at IT folks as much? Or is it that a 700 score for an IT Indian male is too generic a profile at the outset?

Also, is there a chance that the profiles which havent been shortlisted now will be considered for R2 & R3?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IIMB EPGP"18
Send PM
We worked with many candidates with below 700 GMAT score and a few of them is in IT services profile (highest competition); it isn’t always about GMAT score. A lot depends on your application & Essays. Maybe you were unable to convince the admissions committee on why you need MBA.
Also, from experience, everyone believes their essays and application is well written (of course, since they have given their best) but sometimes key points are missed and that might cost you a lot.
For IIM B, sometime higher years of experience (10+) is also a deterrent. While the class always has a few candidates in 10+ yrs of exp range, not too many are shortlisted.

Regards,
Tridisha

NB07 wrote:
I have a WE of over 9 years in the IT services. Scored 700 on the GMAT. Have good extracurricular achievements. I believe my SOP was well written too, portraying my story properly. Yet didnt get shortlisted.

Could it be a case where the programme is looking for diversity in the class and hence not looking at IT folks as much? Or is it that a 700 score for an IT Indian male is too generic a profile at the outset?

Also, is there a chance that the profiles which havent been shortlisted now will be considered for R2 & R3?

Originally posted by Tridisha1 on 10 Sep 2021, 00:30.
Last edited by Tridisha1 on 11 Sep 2021, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Has anyone got the dates for the WAT/Interview? It is not mentioned in the application status link.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Shashank933 wrote:
Friends,

&

Shashank

Hi Shashank933,

Sorry to hear that. But you have a good GMAT score and as you mentioned, a lot of extracurricular. So, you will definitely crack some good colleges!!

Do not let a small setback disturb you. But take it as a learning curve. GMAT is only a small part of profile evaluation. Try to prepare the application in the best possible way you can, so that you get what you deserve.

Best of luck for other colleges. You definitely will come out stronger out of this and get some great admits this year!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Rachit6989 wrote:
Has anyone with a GMAT score less than 700 got shortlisted? My score is less than 700 & I haven't got shortlisted. Just wanted to know this to understand for future what kind of profiles get shortlisted if the GMAT score is less than 700.

Hi Rachit6989,

Its not just the profile, but how you market your profile in the SOP.

There are large number of candidates with less than 700 GMAT who got shortlisted this year. Anyways, the average GMAT of IIMB is around 690, that means more than 50% of the successfully admit candidates have scores lower than 700.

But, since the score is less than 700 GMAT, you will definitely require more than average application and interview to pull this off.

Don't get disheartened, you will definitely convert some college good. Wish you the best for your future!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 76
GMAT 1: 610 Q45 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [2]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36 (Online)
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Kudos
Friends,

Today I learned why it is essential to have a good guide beside you; otherwise, even after winning 50% of the battle of MBA, you may lose the final war!

After being applied to ABC, I got shortlisted for A & C as per expected lines. So my interview for Cal got scheduled for 12th September, i.e., Today. However, to my dismay, I got an explicit rejection from IIM-Bangalore two days before my Cal interview, and my confidence and the world came crashing down. So I have left the hope for getting into the other B-Schools in which I have received the shortlist.

To vent the frustration, I posted this on the IIM Group discussion forum that even after scoring 750 in GMAT and having sufficiently good extracurriculars, I got rejected by B!

As the saying goes, "when anything is written in destiny, the whole universe conspires to make it happen." And then I received a text from Mr Rupam Lakhar, an IIMC Alumni (https://www.mentoringsquare.com) and gave me few pointers that may have led to rejection and shown me few slides that have the ingredients to succeed, especially what I feel is he is an expert in guiding what IIM's wants being alumni. Immediately I requested him to conduct a mock for the upcoming interview, and we settled for few mocks. He gave me the success mantra for maximizing the chances of getting selected and boosted my confidence for the IIM Cal interview.

After Today's interview, I feel that I have decoded 80% of my interview well in advance of the scheduled interview because of him only; he got into the nerves of the institute and showed me the right things they wanted. Now, I am sure that I will cut; if not, I will have no regrets because I have given my 100%. I have that satisfaction.

This post expresses my gratitude to Mr Rupam may not be construed as a Publicity or Marketing Post. I want to thanks my mentor from the bottom of my heart. Would you please continue to provide such services in the field of mentorship?

Shashank
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38 (Online)
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V33 (Online)
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.12
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Shashank933 wrote:
Friends,

Today I learned why it is essential to have a good guide beside you; otherwise, even after winning 50% of the battle of MBA, you may lose the final war!

After being applied to ABC, I got shortlisted for A & C as per expected lines. So my interview for Cal got scheduled for 12th September, i.e., Today. However, to my dismay, I got an explicit rejection from IIM-Bangalore two days before my Cal interview, and my confidence and the world came crashing down. So I have left the hope for getting into the other B-Schools in which I have received the shortlist.

To vent the frustration, I posted this on the IIM Group discussion forum that even after scoring 750 in GMAT and having sufficiently good extracurriculars, I got rejected by B!

As the saying goes, "when anything is written in destiny, the whole universe conspires to make it happen." And then I received a text from Mr Rupam Lakhar, an IIMC Alumni (https://www.mentoringsquare.com) and gave me few pointers that may have led to rejection and shown me few slides that have the ingredients to succeed, especially what I feel is he is an expert in guiding what IIM's wants being alumni. Immediately I requested him to conduct a mock for the upcoming interview, and we settled for few mocks. He gave me the success mantra for maximizing the chances of getting selected and boosted my confidence for the IIM Cal interview.

After Today's interview, I feel that I have decoded 80% of my interview well in advance of the scheduled interview because of him only; he got into the nerves of the institute and showed me the right things they wanted. Now, I am sure that I will cut; if not, I will have no regrets because I have given my 100%. I have that satisfaction.

This post expresses my gratitude to Mr Rupam may not be construed as a Publicity or Marketing Post. I want to thanks my mentor from the bottom of my heart. Would you please continue to provide such services in the field of mentorship?

Shashank

I wish you all the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Shashank933
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Did anyone with 10+ year Ex got shortlist listed?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
when will interview schedule will come for IIM B interview any idea?

*dates
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
falgun01, schedule came in the mail now
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
Yes! Just received! 20th Sep

Guyz I am still not sure how and what to prepare/expect in WAT? Any help will be appreciated

Originally posted by divyanshu003 on 13 Sep 2021, 00:14.
Last edited by divyanshu003 on 13 Sep 2021, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts