Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: IMD (M) LBS (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
pria131 wrote:
Okay, so we need to fill all the scholarship applications before getting the "made-to-INSEAD" calls?

Yes, you do ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
noinpac wrote:
pria131 wrote:
Okay, so we need to fill all the scholarship applications before getting the "made-to-INSEAD" calls?

Yes, you do ;)

If I'm not mistaken you can start working on the scholarships only after getting selected for an interivew.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Any news from R1 applicants? Wait is killing

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kwas86 wrote:

Calls likely won't start until next week.. so best keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
vnixnj wrote:
Kwas86 wrote:

Calls likely won't start until next week.. so best keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Seems to be the general trend! The wait is indeed completely messing with my sleeping pattern! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jsemhat wrote:
vnixnj wrote:
Kwas86 wrote:

Seems to be the general trend! The wait is indeed completely messing with my sleeping pattern! :)

Sometimes at work I disengage from information that I will not use post-MBA - as if I already have the admission. Then I start having debate sessions in my head about risks and what-ifs. yes yes I fully understand you R1 applicants :)

Hang in there
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Ding. AND SO QUICKLY?!! It's barely been two weeks since I submitted. I came on here to see if anyone else has gotten any news; there's nothing to ClearAdmit either. I didn't think I would be such an easy ding..

I'm honestly flabbergasted. I've lived in 15 countries for 1-3 years at a time, 760 GMAT, from Tunisia. Used to work in government but wanted to do something so have been teaching English in Phuket for the last year.

I was at least hoping for an interview. I'm floored.

Wtf Virginie :(

"Thank you for your interest in INSEAD and for all of the effort you put into your application. I regret to inform you, however, that following a careful evaluation of the many elements in your file, your application has not been accepted.

Needless to say, this decision was taken following a thorough examination of your file. We fully appreciate that after all the efforts you have put into this application, this decision will come as a disappointment to you. Unfortunately, the growing number of candidates has over the years led to large numbers of talented young men and women being refused entry to our Programme.

Given the confidential nature of the Admissions process, I am unable to give you any clear indication as to what elements in your file might have contributed to this decision. It is against INSEAD policy to disclose any information regarding the Admissions Committee’s decision. I can say that the Admissions Committee looks at a combination of factors and that a relatively outstanding evaluation of several elements is required for a clear admission. As the Admissions process is highly competitive, a relative weakness in any one element can often result in a refusal.

Obviously, this disappointing outcome should in no way be seen as an implication of a negative overall judgement either of your past achievements or of your future potential.

On behalf of the Admissions Committee, let me thank you for your interest in INSEAD and for the work you put into your candidacy. I personally wish you every success in your future career.

Yours sincerely,

Virginie Fougea
Associate Director, Admissions
Degree Programmes"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
leonardette23 wrote:
Ding. AND SO QUICKLY?!! It's barely been two weeks since I submitted. I came on here to see if anyone else has gotten any news; there's nothing to ClearAdmit either. I didn't think I would be such an easy ding..

I'm honestly flabbergasted. I've lived in 15 countries for 1-3 years at a time, 760 GMAT, from Tunisia. Used to work in government but wanted to do something so have been teaching English in Phuket for the last year.

"Thank you for your interest in INSEAD and for all of the effort you put into your application. I regret to inform you, however, that following a careful evaluation of the many elements in your file, your application has not been accepted.

Needless to say, this decision was taken following a thorough examination of your file. We fully appreciate that after all the efforts you have put into this application, this decision will come as a disappointment to you. Unfortunately, the growing number of candidates has over the years led to large numbers of talented young men and women being refused entry to our Programme.

Given the confidential nature of the Admissions process, I am unable to give you any clear indication as to what elements in your file might have contributed to this decision. It is against INSEAD policy to disclose any information regarding the Admissions Committee’s decision. I can say that the Admissions Committee looks at a combination of factors and that a relatively outstanding evaluation of several elements is required for a clear admission. As the Admissions process is highly competitive, a relative weakness in any one element can often result in a refusal.

Obviously, this disappointing outcome should in no way be seen as an implication of a negative overall judgement either of your past achievements or of your future potential.

On behalf of the Admissions Committee, let me thank you for your interest in INSEAD and for the work you put into your candidacy. I personally wish you every success in your future career.

Yours sincerely,

Virginie Fougea
Degree Programmes"

Daaaaamn man, so frustrating. I suggest u not to leave hope and apply for another schools, like ESADE, IESE and so on.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
O Man !! I am scared now :cry: :shock: :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
leonardette23 wrote:

Yours sincerely,

Virginie Fougea
Degree Programmes"

what?!! did you murder someone and write about it in your essays?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
vnixnj wrote:
Kwas86 wrote:

Seems like it. I just checked last year's data. First call was reported on 13th May i.e. 2 days before the decision date. So if last year is anything to go by, calls are expected to roll out from Tuesday or Wednesday.

Good luck to all!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
leonardette23 wrote:

I was at least hoping for an interview. I'm floored. ......

Oh Man!! That's really frustrating. Don't lose hope. Get in touch with MBA experts here (ask-admission-consultants-124/) and see what they say about your profile and admission essays.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
leonardette23 wrote:

$%# Virginie :(

I understand completely. And yes you need to be frustrated - let it out. Your profile is strong as far as academics and international experience.

But it's not Virginie's fault. The essays and profile are assessed by INSEAD alumni, who are selected by the admissions committee and who do not necessarily reside in your country. The alumni provide feedback to the AC who then make the decision for the interview stage.

That mentioned, there must be a factor that triggered this news: Can you shed some light on the info you presented in your essays? Was it consistent? Was your post-MBA goal strong and straight to the point and did your experiences support this goal? Did you have any feedback from the people who recommended you and did you manage the points they focused on in their recommendation?

Also how many years experience do you have and how old are you?

Sorry to hear what happened. You don't need to answer the questions above. I'm just thinking out loud hoping to find that gap that you can bridge for the future.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pria131 wrote:
O Man !! I am scared now :cry: :shock: :|

Don't be! Enjoy the experience and worst case scenario you have two admits: Olin and Oxford :) That said, when do you need to get back to them? Did you pay the deposit for Olin?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
vnixnj wrote:
Kwas86 wrote:

Seems like it. I just checked last year's data. First call was reported on 13th May i.e. 2 days before the decision date. So if last year is anything to go by, calls are expected to roll out from Tuesday or Wednesday.

Good luck to all!

I was told by a friend who got admitted to the Sep 2016 intake that most calls are made on Wednesday and that most rejection emails are sent Friday. That seems to be the trend but might not necessarily hold true for this intake.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
farrous13 wrote:
leonardette23 wrote:

$%# Virginie :(

I understand completely. And yes you need to be frustrated - let it out. Your profile is strong as far as academics and international experience.

But it's not Virginie's fault. The essays and profile are assessed by INSEAD alumni, who are selected by the admissions committee and who do not necessarily reside in your country. The alumni provide feedback to the AC who then make the decision for the interview stage.

That mentioned, there must be a factor that triggered this news: Can you shed some light on the info you presented in your essays? Was it consistent? Was your post-MBA goal strong and straight to the point and did your experiences support this goal? Did you have any feedback from the people who recommended you and did you manage the points they focused on in their recommendation?

Also how many years experience do you have and how old are you?

Sorry to hear what happened. You don't need to answer the questions above. I'm just thinking out loud hoping to find that gap that you can bridge for the future.

I'm horrified precisely because I got 3 very very successful INSEAD grads to look over my essays. I visited all 3 campuses, I went to classes, I participated in said classes (without the professor telling me to stfu), I went to one of those one-on-one sessions in Paris with an Marketing/AdCom person which went great

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED.

I have 11 years of work experience, I'm 33 which cant age me out because I met so many people older than I am on campus.

NOT EVEN AN INTERVIEW?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: IMD (M) LBS (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
leonardette23 wrote:
I'm horrified precisely because I got 3 very very successful INSEAD grads to look over my essays. I visited all 3 campuses, I went to classes, I participated in said classes (without the professor telling me to stfu), I went to one of those one-on-one sessions in Paris with an Marketing/AdCom person which went great

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED.

I have 11 years of work experience, I'm 33 which cant age me out because I met so many people older than I am on campus.

NOT EVEN AN INTERVIEW?

IMHO the reason for your ding is probably not to be found within the many strengths of your profile nor in your preparation, which you seem to have done well. I'd probably look more into any weak point or into inconsistencies in your application.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts