GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Jul 2020, 11:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2021 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2021 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2020, 09:49
Hi,
I graduated in 2019 and worked for a year after that( till May, 2020) at Bosch. I am currently taking a break, i have done 3 courses ( including one from Harvard University) and an online internship for a month at an NGO and preparing for GMAT. Am i eligible to apply under EEO ?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2020, 23:12
Hi.

Is it true that many students from the current batch have deferred admissions to next year?

If so, how does that affect chances for fresh applicants next year?
Director
Director
V
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 09:25
elPatron434 wrote:
Hey Gmat Club members
I was wondering if anyone could shed light on the application timelines for the next batch for PGP at ISB.

Usually, ISB's first-round application deadline is 15th September. However, due to COVID-19 pandemic, 2021 intake deadlines may vary as to their current class schedule changed to May 2021 instead of till April 2020.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 05:44
kiran120680 wrote:
elPatron434 wrote:
Hey Gmat Club members
I was wondering if anyone could shed light on the application timelines for the next batch for PGP at ISB.

Usually, ISB's first-round application deadline is 15th September. However, due to COVID-19 pandemic, 2021 intake deadlines may vary as to their current class schedule changed to May 2021 instead of till April 2020.

May '21 instead of Apr '20. That's more than a year! Are you sure?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21 (WL)
GRE 1: Q170 V153

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 06:34
elPatron434 wrote:
Hey Gmat Club members

The usual ISB application deadlines for R1 is Sep 15th.
But due to the Covid situation, the current batch classes were started a month late.

This could delay the applications, but intake for next year would be lesser as students have deferred their admits. They could consider these applications as R1 and shift the deadline or keep the deadlines for only the remaining seats.

So the deadline and admit process will completely depend on how ISB looks at the deferred students' applications.
Manager
Manager
S
Schools: ISB (A)

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 19:51
hawkeye411 wrote:
elPatron434 wrote:
Hey Gmat Club members

But due to the Covid situation, the current batch classes were started a month late.

This could delay the applications, but intake for next year would be lesser as students have deferred their admits. They could consider these applications as R1 and shift the deadline or keep the deadlines for only the remaining seats.

So the deadline and admit process will completely depend on how ISB looks at the deferred students' applications.

The announcement of essays is now expected in July as per my chat with the admissions office. On that pretext, the R1 deadline should be around mid-October. Remember the current class will graduate in May 2021.
E: info@strategy4gmat.com | Ph: +91 8008553552, +91 7087234600

Not just GMAT, complete MBA admissions mentoring
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 22:07
hawkeye411 wrote:
elPatron434 wrote:
Hey Gmat Club members

Hi.

Does the deferred admissions chosen by students this year greatly reduce number of seats available for fresh applications next year?

And has this deferment option been officially accepted/confirmed by ISB?

Thanks.
ISB School Moderator
S
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GRE 1: Q165 V160
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 22:12
Vicky290 wrote:
hawkeye411 wrote:
elPatron434 wrote:
Hey Gmat Club members

Hi.

Does the deferred admissions chosen by students this year greatly reduce number of seats available for fresh applications next year?

Thanks.

Hello Vicky,
Mathematically speaking, should there be no increase in the intake of the upcoming batch and should a large number of deferrals be granted for the ongoing batch, the number of vacancies would reduce for the admissions cycle 20-21.

However, I must stress that the statistics on deferral or any information on intake hasn't been put out by ISB to the best of my knowledge.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 22:24
elPatron434 wrote:
Vicky290 wrote:
hawkeye411 wrote:
elPatron434 wrote:
Hey Gmat Club members

Hi.

Thanks.

Hello Vicky,
Mathematically speaking, should there be no increase in the intake of the upcoming batch and should a large number of deferrals be granted for the ongoing batch, the number of vacancies would reduce for the admissions cycle 20-21.

However, I must stress that the statistics on deferral or any information on intake haven't been put out by ISB to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks Sir.

Is ISB liable to "declare" number of available seats in a particular year? Would they maintain that transparency, given the current situation?
ISB School Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 22:35
Vicky290 wrote:
elPatron434 wrote:
Vicky290 wrote:
hawkeye411 wrote:
elPatron434 wrote:
Hey Gmat Club members

Hi.

Thanks.

Hello Vicky,

However, I must stress that the statistics on deferral or any information on intake haven't been put out by ISB to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks Sir.

Is ISB liable to "declare" number of available seats in a particular year? Would they maintain that transparency, given the current situation?

I have never seen the statistics on available seats ( they put out total intake in the class profile ), so I would assume that they aren't liable to do so. I base my observation on the fact that EEO and YLP are essentially deferred admits and as such "reduce" the number of vacancies for candidates with 2+ years of work experience. Subject to correction, the statistics on the number of YLP and EEO admits matriculating in a given academic cycle aren't put out.

So I believe that the school isn't liable to publish the number of vacancies and I'm not too optimistic about them going against the status quo (but we are in extraordinary times, so we never know).

PS: Please don't call me sir :lol: I'm an applicant too
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 05:20
Question regarding deferment, next cycle can be asked in the gmatclub mba fair to the ISB representatives on June 17

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 05:52
I've decided not to reapply to ISB since I'm really too old to compete for jobs in the cohort at ISB. I will be 39 in 2021. I sent a very bad application last time with a poor GMAT score of 630. I'm confident I can improve my score but think finding a job after my MBA at ISB will be difficult. My wife likes ISB because it is located in India and it is cheaper than schools abroad. If you think I might have a good chance in the job market, let me know.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 07:03
TaePri1510 wrote:
Question regarding deferment, next cycle can be asked in the gmatclub mba fair to the ISB representatives on June 17

Absolutely. ISB is scheduled for 6:30 PM IST on June 17th.
Affiliations: GMATClub
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 07:04
AAspirations wrote:
I've decided not to reapply to ISB since I'm really too old to compete for jobs in the cohort at ISB. I will be 39 in 2021. I sent a very bad application last time with a poor GMAT score of 630. I'm confident I can improve my score but think finding a job after my MBA at ISB will be difficult. My wife likes ISB because it is located in India and it is cheaper than schools abroad. If you think I might have a good chance in the job market, let me know.

Doesn’t ISB offer any executive programs? Did you check? Also what schools are you going to apply this year?

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 07:07
workout wrote:
AAspirations wrote:

Doesn’t ISB offer any executive programs? Did you check? Also what schools are you going to apply this year?

There's also a senior executives club in ISB. You might want have a word with people from the club for a more accurate assessment
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: ISB, Rotman
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 07:11
So considering the situation i.e increase in applicants and deferred admissions what kind of profiles are we looking at to get accepted at ISB?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21 (A)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 17 Jun 2020, 22:18
A

Originally posted by sohamdta on 03 Jun 2020, 07:14.
Last edited by sohamdta on 17 Jun 2020, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 07:15
workout wrote:
TaePri1510 wrote:

Absolutely. ISB is scheduled for 6:30 PM IST on June 17th.

Can you please share the link for the discussion with ISB representatives.?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 07:17
sohamdta wrote:
I'm a deferred Co'22 admit, so I can't officially comment for obvious reasons. Let's just say that ISB may have accepted all the deferrals which may be around 250. Again, I'm not officially allowed to comment, so please feel free to make your own interpretations.

That's almost 25% of the batch. It seems like getting into ISB is going to be a war this year.
ISB School Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 07:24
sohamdta wrote:
I'm a deferred Co'22 admit, so I can't officially comment for obvious reasons. Let's just say that ISB may have accepted all the deferrals which may be around 250. Again, I'm not officially allowed to comment, so please feel free to make your own interpretations.

Good lord! I just hope that there's an increase in the intake for next year.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2021 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 03 Jun 2020, 07:24

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 126 posts ] 

Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2021 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: LeoN88, elPatron434