Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 05:11 It is currently 23 May 2024, 05:11
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Joined: 12 Jun 2023
Posts: 136
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
Location: India
Schools: IIM IIM ISB
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q86 V81 DI78
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Joined: 12 Jan 2023
Posts: 170
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Send PM
Director
Director
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Status:Your Beacon to ISB!
Posts: 635
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Joined: 09 Mar 2022
Posts: 305
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
1
Bookmarks
Aryaa03 wrote:
Hi, Is there a consolidated list of essay topics for previous years ?

The essay topics were changed last year. This is the list of the essay prompts from 2023 (last admissions cycle) -

Essay 1 - Provide an honest portrayal of yourself, emphasizing your strengths and weaknesses. Highlight the key elements that have shaped your personal journey. Give relevant illustrations as needed. (400 words)

Essay 2 - Contemplate two distinct situations—one where you experienced success and another where you faced failure. Delve into the personal and interpersonal lessons you learned from these instances. (400 words max)

Essay 3 - Given your previous experience and future aspirations, how do you plan to use the PGP at ISB to fulfil your professional goals? Note: It is not necessary for you to write this essay. Please use this space only if there is something really significant that you would like us to know. (250 words max)
SVP
SVP
Joined: 24 Jul 2019
Posts: 1777
Own Kudos [?]: 652 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
­Dear PGP aspirants
Are you thinking about applying to ISB but seek honest feedback on your profile’s strengths and areas for growth, potential career paths, and the best fit MBA programs?

Grab this opportunity for a complimentary consultation with me, Aanchal, Founder of MBAGuide Admissions Consulting (INSEAD Alumna and former INSEAD MBA Admissions Interviewer) to gain clarity on your career trajectory and the MBA options that are right for you.

After the free session you will have a better understanding of:
1. What you hope to gain from an MBA
2. Your career growth progression and what you can do more to improve
3. Prospective career pathways to explore
4. Time commitment and financial investment required for an MBA
5. Your strengths and weaknesses
6. Your readiness for the academic rigor of an MBA program
7. Ideal business schools based on your personality type, geography preference, and goals­

Sign Up Here- FEEDBACK SESSION

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD MBA alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
Founder, MBAGuideConsulting 
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/| Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Joined: 13 Jul 2020
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Posts: 2655
Own Kudos [?]: 355 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Location: Singapore
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Inflation’s on the rise, interest rates are climbing, and who knows what geopolitical curveballs are coming our way? It’s enough to make anyone question the value of an MBA. But here’s the thing – with the right approach, these economic uncertainties can actually be your ticket to an even stronger MBA advantage.

Here’s what you need to keep your eye on:
1. ROI
2. Skill Sharpening for the New Landscape:
3. Flexibility
4. The Entrepreneurial Spark

Want to get a head start? Join us and a panel of experts for a free webinar on Thursday, May 16th, 2024 at 9:00 PM IST. We’ll be diving deeper into these trends and answering all your questions about navigating the MBA application process in today’s economic climate.​​​​​​​

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER​​​​​​​
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 18 Feb 2024
Posts: 2
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Hi - does anyone have access to any good materials for Verbal section? Something like Manhattan Prep or any other?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 29 Sep 2021
Posts: 45
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Try Karishma - ANA prep
Manager
Manager
Joined: 19 Feb 2023
Posts: 56
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
I applied for YLP this year as well as for last year. I got selected for Stage 2 last year, but apparently did not get selected even for R2 this year. Does anyone know the reason to it?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 08 Feb 2022
Posts: 7
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Location: India
Schools: ISB '24
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Ig it’s because you applied during round 2

I’m in the same boat
Intern
Intern
Joined: 15 Nov 2023
Posts: 16
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Aren’t the results supposed to be out today for ylp?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 171
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
 
sarthakjain02 wrote:
I applied for YLP this year as well as for last year. I got selected for Stage 2 last year, but apparently did not get selected even for R2 this year. Does anyone know the reason to it?

­Hey Sarthak! Sorry to hear about not getting selected. I think we can decode it if you give us little more information about your application and interviews. Also, what was the reason for not accepting the admit last year?

Btw, we have 40+ mentors from ISB and some of them are on ISB's admissions interview panel. Currently, we are running a campaign "Free ISB ding analysis" and you can book a call here. This call will be led by one of our mentors who is on ISB's admissions interview panel. In this call, we will delve deeper into your applications of both this year and last year, discuss your interview experiences and share detailed possible reasons for a ding. We will also discuss the action points for future applications (EEO can be an option if you are targeting ISB).

Checkout the profile of our mentors.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 171
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
 
R0k wrote:
Ig it’s because you applied during round 2

I’m in the same boat

­Hi! Sorry to hear that you. Generally applying in R2 isn't the real reason, the chances maybe slightly less but a lot depends on other aspects such as interview, essays, goals, acads+GMAT, LOR. It's important to understand the possible reasons as it will help you build a better application or improve your interview experience. So, why don't you also go ahead and book "Free ISB ding analysis" through our campaign. This call will be led by one of our mentors who is on ISB's admissions interview panel. In this call, we will delve deeper into your applications of both this year and last year, discuss your interview experiences and share detailed possible reasons for a ding. We will also discuss the action points for future applications (EEO can be an option if you are are graduating this year are targeting ISB, if you will be ).

Checkout the profile of our mentors.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 30 Apr 2024
Posts: 10
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
We should not apply in 2nd round?
SVP
SVP
Joined: 24 Jul 2019
Posts: 1777
Own Kudos [?]: 652 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
 
sarthakjain02 wrote:
I applied for YLP this year as well as for last year. I got selected for Stage 2 last year, but apparently did not get selected even for R2 this year. Does anyone know the reason to it?

­
sarthakjain02 The admissions committee likely felt you didn't adequately address the weak areas of your profile. Not being able to show an awareness of your weaknesses is often why applicants see indifference from the adcoms in reapplications. Another reason could be the lack of significant improvement since your last application, leading the committee to pass on an invitation. Feel free to connect for a detailed analysis of your profile.

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD MBA alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
Founder, MBAGuideConsulting 
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/| Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­

 ­
Manager
Manager
Joined: 19 Feb 2023
Posts: 56
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
MBAGuide wrote:
 


sarthakjain02 The admissions committee likely felt you didn’t adequately address the weak areas of your profile. Not being able to show an awareness of your weaknesses is often why applicants see indifference from the adcoms in reapplications. Another reason could be the lack of significant improvement since your last application, leading the committee to pass on an invitation. Feel free to connect for a detailed analysis of your profile.

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD MBA alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
Founder, MBAGuideConsulting 
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/| Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com

 

Thnaks for the reply. However, I got into last year Stage-1. Stage-2 was where I didn’t get selected further because of my GMAT score.

In stage-1 they ask for basic details like 10,12,graduation, extra curricular, awards, internships etc and an essay. Eveything was same as compared to last-year because these kind of details don’t change as they are a thing of the past. And I did clear stage-1 last year meaning it didn’t require a lot of changes right?

IVYCRACKERS.COM wrote:
 

Hey Sarthak! Sorry to hear about not getting selected. I think we can decode it if you give us little more information about your application and interviews. Also, what was the reason for not accepting the admit last year?

Btw, we have 40+ mentors from ISB and some of them are on ISB’s admissions interview panel. Currently, we are running a campaign "Free ISB ding analysis" and you can book a call here. This call will be led by one of our mentors who is on ISB’s admissions interview panel. In this call, we will delve deeper into your applications of both this year and last year, discuss your interview experiences and share detailed possible reasons for a ding. We will also discuss the action points for future applications (EEO can be an option if you are targeting ISB).

Checkout the profile of our mentors.

Profile:

Graduation: IIT Bombay
CGPA: 8.72
10th: 92.8
12th: 96.4
Job Offer: Management Consulting role at Nomura Research Institute
Interned at: Deloitte, Nomura, Sauce.vc, Indiabulls and Capri Loans
Extra Curriculars: Writing (Editor in students magazines), Debating.
Cleared Stage-1 last year with these as the basic details. Did’t get selected for Stage-2 this time.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 171
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Giri_Rima wrote:
We should not apply in 2nd round?

­Hey! That's not true at all. It depends on your overall application, essays, acads+GMAT/GRE, LORs, and interview. Along with this, it also depends how well have you been able to articulate your jouney, goals etc. in both essays and interviews. When are you planning to apply?
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Joined: 13 Jul 2020
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Posts: 2655
Own Kudos [?]: 355 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Location: Singapore
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Worried about a Low GMAT/GRE score?​​​​​​​

Join us for a webinar to discuss the importance of a GMAT/GRE Score in MBA Applications. You will get first-hand insights directly from our successful applicants who made it to Cambridge Judge & Rice Jones with a Low GRE score and GMAT waiver.

Speakers:
1. Anirukta Srivastava: Got into Cambridge Judge with 325 GRE & Scholarship.
2. Pooja Singh: Got into Rice Jones and John Hopkins with GMAT waiver and scholarship.

📅 May 30, 2024
🕘 11.30 AM ET | 9.00 PM IST


At the end of the session, get a sample optional essay to explain your Low GMAT/GRE score.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE SESSION.​​​​​​​
SVP
SVP
Joined: 24 Jul 2019
Posts: 1777
Own Kudos [?]: 652 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
 
sarthakjain02 wrote:
MBAGuide wrote:
 


sarthakjain02 The admissions committee likely felt you didn’t adequately address the weak areas of your profile. Not being able to show an awareness of your weaknesses is often why applicants see indifference from the adcoms in reapplications. Another reason could be the lack of significant improvement since your last application, leading the committee to pass on an invitation. Feel free to connect for a detailed analysis of your profile.

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD MBA alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
Founder, MBAGuideConsulting 
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/| Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com


 

Thnaks for the reply. However, I got into last year Stage-1. Stage-2 was where I didn’t get selected further because of my GMAT score.

In stage-1 they ask for basic details like 10,12,graduation, extra curricular, awards, internships etc and an essay. Eveything was same as compared to last-year because these kind of details don’t change as they are a thing of the past. And I did clear stage-1 last year meaning it didn’t require a lot of changes right?

IVYCRACKERS.COM wrote:
 

Hey Sarthak! Sorry to hear about not getting selected. I think we can decode it if you give us little more information about your application and interviews. Also, what was the reason for not accepting the admit last year?

Btw, we have 40+ mentors from ISB and some of them are on ISB’s admissions interview panel. Currently, we are running a campaign "Free ISB ding analysis" and you can book a call here. This call will be led by one of our mentors who is on ISB’s admissions interview panel. In this call, we will delve deeper into your applications of both this year and last year, discuss your interview experiences and share detailed possible reasons for a ding. We will also discuss the action points for future applications (EEO can be an option if you are targeting ISB).

Checkout the profile of our mentors.

Profile:

Graduation: IIT Bombay
CGPA: 8.72
10th: 92.8
12th: 96.4
Job Offer: Management Consulting role at Nomura Research Institute
Interned at: Deloitte, Nomura, Sauce.vc, Indiabulls and Capri Loans
Extra Curriculars: Writing (Editor in students magazines), Debating.
Cleared Stage-1 last year with these as the basic details. Did’t get selected for Stage-2 this time.

­sarthakjain02
You have a very impressive profile, and I see lots of potential for the future. But that does not necessarily mean that the adcom thought you are ready to be handed another interview and admit just yet. You did not mention if you improved your GMAT and informed the adcom about it. And maybe the adcom wasn’t convinced with the nuances in the essay. It’s not possible to give you the exact reason like this, but understand that adcoms take into full consideration your future potential and where you stand currently to decide whether they can move you forward in the YLP process.

If they felt that you will do just fine applying directly to the PGP later with your strong credentials and lucrative professional opportunities ahead of you, but at this point, you have some area you need to focus on, they might have decided to pass on an invitation for stage 2 this time. This is not a reflection of your capabilities but rather a hint that they feel some deep introspection (and maturity) is required, perhaps around your objectives or other aspects. Deferred MBA programs have an aim to provide opportunities for candidates who want to explore diverse paths (or at least have a vision) beyond just climbing the corporate ladder. How you did in this area surely impacted the adcom’s perception of you.

Feel free to speak should you want professional advice

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD MBA alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
Founder, MBAGuideConsulting 
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/| Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­
Manager
Manager
Joined: 19 Feb 2023
Posts: 56
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
MBAGuide wrote:
 

sarthakjain02
You have a very impressive profile, and I see lots of potential for the future. But that does not necessarily mean that the adcom thought you are ready to be handed another interview and admit just yet. You did not mention if you improved your GMAT and informed the adcom about it. And maybe the adcom wasn’t convinced with the nuances in the essay. It’s not possible to give you the exact reason like this, but understand that adcoms take into full consideration your future potential and where you stand currently to decide whether they can move you forward in the YLP process.

If they felt that you will do just fine applying directly to the PGP later with your strong credentials and lucrative professional opportunities ahead of you, but at this point, you have some area you need to focus on, they might have decided to pass on an invitation for stage 2 this time. This is not a reflection of your capabilities but rather a hint that they feel some deep introspection (and maturity) is required, perhaps around your objectives or other aspects. Deferred MBA programs have an aim to provide opportunities for candidates who want to explore diverse paths (or at least have a vision) beyond just climbing the corporate ladder. How you did in this area surely impacted the adcom’s perception of you.

Feel free to speak should you want professional advice

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD MBA alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
Founder, MBAGuideConsulting 
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/| Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com

Thanks for the advise and the message Anchal. It means a lot!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
   1  ...  357   358   359   360   361