[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/check_new_recommended_questions.php on line 37: Undefined array key "last_recommended_questions_epoch"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/check_new_recommended_questions.php on line 41: Undefined array key "last_recommended_questions_epoch"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "204_school_count"
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 : ISB - Page 41
Last visit was: 20 Jul 2024, 02:58 It is currently 20 Jul 2024, 02:58
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 550 Q47 V20
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Hi, I am applying for PGP in round 1. Regarding interview preference/location, can Indian students also opt for online interview?
Also, is there any advantage/disadvantage in opting for online interview?
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.52
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
charlie-23 wrote:
Hi, I am applying for PGP in round 1. Regarding interview preference/location, can Indian students also opt for online interview? Also, is there any advantage/disadvantage in opting for online interview?

As far as I know, Aspirants living in India cannot opt for online interviews. Only if you are not in India (Bharat ;) ), you can do that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
But I can see Internation/Virtual Option available
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 385 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Abhishekanushi,

I hope you are doing good. Your profile for the ISB seems quite competitive, and it's certainly worth considering applying in Round 1. Your academic credentials are strong, with consistently high scores. They demonstrate your ability to excel in your studies. While your GMAT score is decent, it is slightly below the average GMAT score for ISB, which is typically around 710-720. However, it's not a disqualifying score, and your other aspects of the application can compensate for it.

Your work experience is impressive. You have leadership experience and are working for a reputable company, which adds value to your profile. Your extracurricular involvement shows your leadership and management skills beyond the workplace, which can be a significant asset to your application.

Overall, your profile is competitive, and applying to R1 is a reasonable choice. While your GMAT score is slightly below the average, it's not a major concern, especially if you can present a compelling application that highlights your achievements, leadership, and contributions both academically and professionally. If you feel confident in the other aspects of your application, such as essays, letters of recommendation, and interviews, you can certainly apply in R1. However, if you have the time and resources to retake the GMAT and believe you can improve your score significantly, it may still be worth considering for a stronger overall application. Ultimately, the decision should be based on your confidence in your application and your timeline for applying to ISB.

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Book a free profile evaluation call now!

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond

Abhishekanushi wrote:
Can someone evaluate my profile?
10th : 9.8
12th : 90%
BTech (8.2/10) (NIRF Top 50 GFTI).

GMAT: 690(Q47,V38)

Work ex: 4 years by the time I will join any program.

Role: Assistant Manager (10+ people directly/Indirectly reports to me)

Main role : Project manager

Company: Biggest automobile company of India.

Extra curricular: Hold POR at college and current organisation level.

Should I apply for R1 or retake GMAT ?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello ashley12,

I hope you are doing good. Your profile is strong, and you have a diverse background that can be an asset when applying to business schools like ISB and IIM-A PGPX. Your academic record is solid, with strong scores in 10th and 12th, and successfully clearing the Chartered Accountant qualification, albeit on the second attempt. This demonstrates your academic competence.

Your work experience is well-rounded and includes roles in finance, operations, and marketing. This diversity can be an advantage as it showcases your adaptability and willingness to explore different domains. Your fast-track promotion at Morgan Stanley demonstrates your capabilities and potential for leadership. Your experience in marketing and talent management at MissMalini showcases your creative side and ability to work in a dynamic and innovative environment. Your current role at Mosaic Wellness adds to your marketing experience.

Coming to your ECs, your food blogging and ownership of an online thrift store are great examples of your interests outside of work. These activities demonstrate your creativity, entrepreneurship, and passion for sustainable fashion.

Your concern about your GMAT score is valid. Most top MBA programs, including ISB and IIM-A PGPX, have competitive applicant pools, and a higher GMAT score can strengthen your application. Considering your career aspirations and the competitiveness of ISB and IIM-A PGPX, aiming for a GMAT score of at least 700 or higher would be advisable. A higher GMAT score can compensate for any concerns about your mock test scores and further enhance your application.

Your career goal of getting into a marketing strategy for bigger brands aligns well with your profile, especially given your experience in marketing and talent management. In addition to a strong GMAT score, focus on crafting a compelling application. Highlight how your diverse experiences have prepared you for a career in marketing strategy and how the MBA program at your target schools aligns with your goals.

Overall, with a competitive GMAT score and a well-crafted application that showcases your diverse background and career goals, you stand a good chance of being admitted to your desired schools.

Good luck with your preparations and applications!

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
MBA and Beyond

ashley12 wrote:
Hello, can someone please give a review of my profile
Target schools - ISB, IIM-A PGPX
Profile -

Female, 27
10th – 92 (SSC)
12th – 83 (HSC)
Chartered Accountant – Cleared in the 2nd attempt.

Work experience -

1. Axis Bank - April 2018 to Dec 2019 – Deputy Manager – Operational Risk
Extensive analysis and deep dive into the Bank’s current and savings account portfolio to identify operational mishaps/irregularities/frauds

2. Morgan Stanley – Jan 2020 to December 2021
I joined as an Analyst in the Bank Resource Management- Derivatives team and got a fast track promotion within a year to Associate
Due to my passion for exploring something on the creative side, I took a leap of faith and switched to a Marketing role
3. MissMalini – Talent Management vertical – Jan 2022 to July 2022
Led a team of 2 people as the Social Media strategist for >30 talents.
Work scope included writing scripts for brand collaboration and working on content ideas and strategies for content creators/influencers to stay relevant and have an increased following on digital platforms
4. Mosaic Wellness – Aug 2022 to Present
Social Media strategy and execution to build a wellness brand on social platforms from scratch

Extra Curricular
Food blogging on social media platforms, having reviewed 200+ restaurants.
Own an online thrift store to promote sustainable fashion

Few things to consider -
1. I’m currently giving mocks but haven’t been able to score more than 600 (need more dedicated prep time)

I want to eventually get into Marketing strategy for bigger brands. Please advise what score I should be targeting and if I stand a chance at getting an admit at my desired schools with the right score?

Thanks in advance.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Nabneet,

I hope you are doing good. In India there are several top business schools that offer one-year MBA programs designed for experienced professionals. The eligibility criteria in terms of years of work experience may vary from one institution to another.

Some prominent one-year MBA programs in India and their approximate work experience requirements:

1. Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM-A) - PGPX
Work Experience Requirement: Typically 4-7 years of full-time work experience.

2. Indian School of Business (ISB) - PGP:
Work Experience Requirement: Typically 2-3 years of full-time work experience.

3. Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B) - EPGP:
Work Experience Requirement: Generally around 5-10 years of work experience.

4. Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM-C) - PGPEX:
Work Experience Requirement: Typically 5-10 years of work experience.

5. Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM-L) - IPMX:
Work Experience Requirement: Usually 4-10 years of full-time work experience.

6. Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM-I) - EPGP:

7. XLRI - Xavier School of Management - PGDM (GM):
Work Experience Requirement: Generally around 5-10 years of work experience.

8. Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIM-K) - PGP-BL:

9. SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) - PGPM:
Work Experience Requirement: Usually around 5-10 years of work experience.

10. Great Lakes Institute of Management - PGPM:
Work Experience Requirement: Typically 2-10 years of work experience.

Additionally, it's crucial to thoroughly research each program, its curriculum, faculty, alumni network, and career outcomes to determine which one aligns best with your career goals and aspirations. Admission to these programs is highly competitive, so preparing a strong application with a compelling story and a competitive GMAT/GRE score is crucial.

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
MBA and Beyond

Nabneet wrote:
Hi,
Other than ISB.. what are the other colleges for 1ear MBA for experienced professional.
Can anyone share the list and the year of exp required for each.(Indian Colleges)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello paritoshmahajan,

I hope you are doing well. Your profile has several strong aspects that could make you a competitive candidate for the ISB in Round 1 (R1). Your academic record is strong, with an impressive undergraduate CGPA, 12th-grade percentage, and a perfect 10 CGPA in 10th grade. Your B.Tech degree from VIT University is also from a reputable institution. While your GMAT score of 680 is slightly below the average GMAT score for ISB (typically around 710-720), it is still within the competitive range. Your high quant score (Q49) is a strong point.

You have a well-rounded work experience, with 1.5 years each at CRED and Cisco Appdynamics. Earning promotions in both companies is a positive indicator of your performance and potential. Your role as the second engineer in CRED's Travel team and your contribution to launching the travel hotel booking product from scratch is a significant achievement. Winning the annual global hackathon at Cisco and volunteering for an NGO in Tanzania demonstrate your problem-solving skills, creativity, and social responsibility.

Your involvement in hackathons, Google Developers Group, and extracurricular activities like acting, public speaking, and sports add depth to your profile and show that you're a well-rounded individual. Your decision to choose CRED over Google highlights your desire to make a meaningful impact and your commitment to your career goals. Enrolling in Stoa to learn about business and contribute more to the product demonstrates your willingness to continuously learn and grow.

Overall, your profile reflects a blend of technical skills, leadership potential, and a commitment to personal and professional growth. Remember that the admissions process is holistic, and ISB considers various factors beyond just academics and work experience. With a well-prepared application and essays that effectively communicate your strengths and aspirations, you have a good chance of being considered a competitive candidate in R1.

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
MBA and Beyond

paritoshmahajan wrote:
Here are a few pointers about my profile

Academics: Undergraduate: 9.37 CGPA, 12th - 93.4%, 10th - 10 CGPA, B.Tech from VIT University Vellore (Rank ~13 in top colleges India)
GMAT score: 680 (Q49, V34)
Work experience: Current - Software Engineer at CRED ( 1.5 years), Software Engineer at Cisco Appdynamics (1.5 years). Have earned promotion in both the companies and in CRED, I worked as the second engineer for launching CRED Travel Escapes from 0 - 1.

Few points I am mentioning in essays:

1. Second engineer in the Travel team of CRED, built travel hotel booking product from scratch which has been used by 4M people in the last 4 months. In that I collaborated extensively with teams including a couple of third party vendors, and was the primary poc for integrating their platforms with ours.

2. During my time at Cisco, I won the annual global hackathon where me and my team built a solution for remote working issues. I was also selected as a volunteer for an NGO at Tanzania (remote), where me and my team worked for 4 months to solve local education problems in Tanzania using technology.

3. Hackathons have played a pivotal role in my life. In college, I won multiple hackathons at college / national level and that boosted in me problem solving skills and design thinking. I was also a part of Google Developers Group and VIT Dramatics club where I was the organiser for various events handling as many as 400 participants.

4. I have always focused on holistic learning which has helped evolve me into an all round personality - I have been an actor, a public speaker (at Toastmasters), sports player (have represented school in TT and Volleyball), and also an NCC cadet at school.

5. "Google vs CRED" - It was one of the hardest decisions for me. After two years of working at Cisco Appdynamics, one of the top 10 technological companies in the world, I knew I wanted to create a larger impact and wanted to go somewhere where my contribution is much larger. Hence, despite having my dream to work at Google in front of me, I chose to work at CRED.

6. Stoa - I have always been curious to learn about business and while working at CRED, I wished to contribute more to the product and also understand the business better. Hence, I enrolled in Stoa and have learnt about various business facets.

Can someone please suggest if my profile has any chance for ISB R1 or not?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello kanishkakarpe,

I hope you are doing good. Your profile for the ISB PGP Program appears strong in many aspects. Your excellent 10th-grade score (93%) and active involvement in sports at the state level demonstrate your dedication and well-roundedness.

Your participation in an International competition representing your college and India, where you came 5th internationally and 1st among Asian teams, is a significant accomplishment that highlights your teamwork, leadership, and competitive spirit. Your experience in a Big4 consultancy, especially your work in Analytics and Supply Chain, showcases your professional growth and adaptability. Your involvement in unique assets within the value chain and leadership in the Analytics front is particularly commendable.

Your post-MBA goals are clear, and your desire to bridge gaps in understanding various sectors, blend ESG concepts with supply chain, and return to consulting in the ESG space post-MBA is well-articulated. While your work experience in consulting is valuable, consider highlighting specific projects or experiences that demonstrate your adaptability and ability to work in cross-functional teams. Show how these experiences align with your MBA goals.

It's essential to explain why you believe ISB is the right place for you to achieve your post-MBA goals. Research the program thoroughly and mention specific aspects that attract you to ISB.

In regards to your question about returning to consulting post-MBA, it's not mundane at all. Many MBA graduates choose to return to their previous industry or role, especially if it aligns with their long-term goals. What matters most is how you leverage your MBA experience to enhance your skills and knowledge, making you even more valuable to your future employer. Highlight how the MBA will help you bring added value to your role in the ESG space within consulting.

Overall, your profile appears strong, but it's important to present a comprehensive picture of your accomplishments, experiences, and goals in your ISB application to maximize your chances of admission.

Good luck with your application!

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
MBA and Beyond

kanishkakarpe wrote:
10th - 93, sports at the state level
12 - 87
Degree - 7 Production Engineering, Govt. College

During college-
Had to re-take one exam.
Was the secretary of a club & participated, as a team, in an International competition representing college + India, came 5th internationally, 1st among Asian teams.
6 month internship at Godrej in the project management cell & handled multiple projects.

Joined a Big4 consultancy right after college. First joined in their Analytics space and took solo projects on the concept of fast fail- trying & testing strategies/ideas in their nascent stage. Worked alongside the customer’s leadership. Have dealt with international clients.
Moved to Supply Chain space over a year ago (which aligns more to my long term goals). Have been working on unique assets which deals with the entre value chain- have led the Analytics front, support towards functional and GTMs.

Need an MBA because I feel the gaps in my understanding of sectors(mostly finance, Human capital, Marketing) and influencing factors in supply chain and product life cycles, would appreciate time off for focused learning with peers from these sectors. Also want to start blending the concepts of ESG with Supply chain.

Post MBA- Back to consulting, consulting only. ESG space preferred.

Is it too mundane if I am in consulting & want to go back to consulting?

Would appreciate I get one of those reviews as well, thanks :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
Hi all,

Please review my profile
I took my GMAT yesterday and got 700.
Pls advise if I should apply in R1 or retake GMAT.

My profile is as follows:
Name : Vivek Prakash
Company: Fleet Management Ltd, HK
WE : 7 years
GMAT: 700 (Q49 V37)
UG: BTECH(MARINE ENGG), 70.2%
Marine Engg and Research Institute, Kolkata (Best marine college in India)
X/XII: 90.2/78.4

Extracurricular:
Cadet Captain in all 4 years,
Cult fest organizing committee member

Fast track promotion at work
One performance award.

Career Goals:
Strategic roles in Supply Chain Management, Operations.
Either in Energy sector or Operations.

Posted from my mobile device
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi,

700 on the GMAT is close to the average score of the school (716/720) However, the decision to retake the GMAT will depend on your response to two questions:

1. Do you have time to try once more? Yes, if you are planning for R2.
2. Do you feel you are prepared for better? The GMAT score hike is a relatively tricky process. A retake might result in a decrease or a marginal increase. It is important for you to evaluate your preparation, if you were scoring higher let's say 730 - 740 in your mocks and on the test day couldn't perform well, due to exam pressure or any other reason, then a retake is definitely recommended. You could evaluate such aspects realistically and take a call on this question.

However, if you wish to apply with 700 (assuming retake is not a possibility), its not something that will alone mar your application.

If you have a strong application ready now (which is required even if you score a 740/750) and you think waiting for a retake won't be a substantial hike, go ahead with R1, else R2 sounds better.

All the best!

vivprakash wrote:
Hi all,

Please review my profile

Extracurricular:

One performance award.

Career Goals:

ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.52
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
As the R1 application deadline for PGP at ISB approaches, I want to remind everyone of a valuable resource that can assist you in preparing your application.
With just 4 days left, it’s crucial that one is well-prepared and informed to ensure the application is thorough and complete. For this, I highly recommend watching the "Application Insights" video conducted by GmatClub in association with the Senior Admissions Manager, ISB PGP - Ketan Tiwari. This video provides a comprehensive guide to the application process and highlights essential points you need to keep in mind. The insights shared will not only be beneficial for R1 applicants but will also serve as valuable guidance for those planning to apply in R2. Go watch it on this Link
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 722 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
vivprakash wrote:
Hi all,

Please review my profile

Extracurricular:

One performance award.

Career Goals:

vivprakash hope you are doing well.

How far ahead are you in your application preparation? While your GMAT score is balanced (though not outstanding), it is crucial to excel in executing your application because there is little room for mistakes or substandard work.

That said, business schools see much potential in Navy applicants. These profiles are in high demand for leading Operations and Strategy roles because they are less affected by excessive character traits and office politics, making them highly desirable, especially in high-growth environments, startups or consulting fields that require significant personal sacrifice.

I have nearly a decade of experience in Operations, Supply Chain design and strategy and work frequently with Navy and Military profiles.

Do not hesitate to reach out if you need help navigating your unique circumstances in the B School admissions process. We do not cap discussion hours for our applicants

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
Currently, I am applying finishing touch on my essays. I was writing essays along with preparing for GMAT.
I had scored 720 in the last two mocks which I took.
The only issue is I was not able to give my best in the actual test, due to test anxiety and bad pacing.

As there is not much time to go for another attempt at GMAT before R1, I am confused whether I should wait for R2 or apply now.

Is it possible to apply in R1 and update the adcom with a better GMAT score in a week or two, if I score 720+ in GMAT?

As the diversity seats are not many, is it better to apply in R1 then in R2?
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1042 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Expert Reply
You need to take the test before the deadline. ISB doesn’t accept scores post the deadline.
If you feel 700 is not your best shot, try again and apply in R2. 700 R1 vs 720 R2- I’d for R2 anyday.

Contrary to popular perception, In general, there isn’t a material different between R1 vs R2. You should apply when you’re ready with your best possible shot.

ISB usually won’t change its criteria mid-way through the process.

The criteria is carefully designed so they don’t have to, across rounds.
Cheers,
Manan
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mananpuri
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: IIM-U '25 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi, Request a Profile Evaluation.

Experience- TCS (5 years- Digital Wing)
GMAT-700 (Q49 V35 IR5)
Class X- 10 CGPA (CBSE)
Class XII- 88.4 Percent (CBSE)
B.Tech ECE - 7.04 CGPA (State Govt. Aided College) for context Uni Topper CGPA-8.99

Working with TCS as a Robotic Process Automation Developer, simultaneously donning the role of a Business Analyst. Work on Digital Transformation Projects that automate the Business Process operations of FnA dept
of Retail Customers. Have owned multiple automations end to end. Have had exposure to different Finance and Accounting functions and worked in a cross functional manner. Carry out multiple other roles in the project, like managing and scheduling 100+ automations, leading POC initiatives and conducting interviews etc

Post MBA goal is to move into Technology Consulting (Digital Transformation) preferably in a Big 4 accounting firm or similar organisation.

-Achieved a fast track promotion (2021) to the entry level mid-management position in TCS in 3 years of Service, usually takes 4-7 years.

-Was absorbed into Digital Cadre of TCS in 2020 and awarded a ~100 pc hike.

-Made it to the final interview round of Tata administrative Services (In- house 2023)- Among the final 28 candidates globally to have made it to the interview from a pool of all Tata group employees and Tata Imagination Challenge finalist

- Cleared GATE in CSE in 2019, even though I did Bachelors in ECE--meaning to demonstrate an aptitute in Technology

Extra Curriculars
- Volunteering with an NGO since July- Been teaching Science to Students from underprivileged backgrounds
- Class Representative in College
- School Vice Captain- Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Organiser in two Tech fests in College.
- Represented School in Quiz (won 2nd prize- Inter district) and in Debate Competitions.

Pls suggest what I should target on this GMAT. Last official mock was 730.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 722 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
sharathsrambi wrote:
Hi, Request a Profile Evaluation.

Experience- TCS (5 years- Digital Wing)
GMAT-700 (Q49 V35 IR5)
Class X- 10 CGPA (CBSE)
Class XII- 88.4 Percent (CBSE)
B.Tech ECE - 7.04 CGPA (State Govt. Aided College) for context Uni Topper CGPA-8.99

Working with TCS as a Robotic Process Automation Developer, simultaneously donning the role of a Business Analyst. Work on Digital Transformation Projects that automate the Business Process operations of FnA dept
of Retail Customers. Have owned multiple automations end to end. Have had exposure to different Finance and Accounting functions and worked in a cross functional manner. Carry out multiple other roles in the project, like managing and scheduling 100+ automations, leading POC initiatives and conducting interviews etc

Post MBA goal is to move into Technology Consulting (Digital Transformation) preferably in a Big 4 accounting firm or similar organisation.

-Achieved a fast track promotion (2021) to the entry level mid-management position in TCS in 3 years of Service, usually takes 4-7 years.

-Was absorbed into Digital Cadre of TCS in 2020 and awarded a ~100 pc hike.

-Made it to the final interview round of Tata administrative Services (In- house 2023)- Among the final 28 candidates globally to have made it to the interview from a pool of all Tata group employees and Tata Imagination Challenge finalist

- Cleared GATE in CSE in 2019, even though I did Bachelors in ECE--meaning to demonstrate an aptitute in Technology

Extra Curriculars
- Volunteering with an NGO since July- Been teaching Science to Students from underprivileged backgrounds
- Class Representative in College
- School Vice Captain- Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Organiser in two Tech fests in College.
- Represented School in Quiz (won 2nd prize- Inter district) and in Debate Competitions.

Pls suggest what I should target on this GMAT. Last official mock was 730.

sharathsrambi

GMAT is not your strongest suit. You should try to do better, especially since you come from the most overrepresented background. A solid GMAT score will complement your insights into the F&A sectors and challenges in their digital domains and position you as a strong applicant from within the IT pool. After all, if it all comes down to statistics at the end when the school has to give an admit, all other things alike, the GMAT will have a significant impact on the decision making.

The ECs are mostly outdated, so the GMAT can once again be the saving grace.

Do not hesitate to reach out if you need help navigating your unique circumstances in the B School admissions process. We do not cap discussion hours for our applicants

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello vivprakash,

I hope you are doing good. Your profile for the ISB PGP program has several strong points. Your academic performance, both in your undergraduate degree and X/XII grades, is solid and demonstrates your ability to excel academically. While a GMAT score of 700 is competitive, it's worth noting that ISB's average GMAT score tends to be higher. If you believe you can improve your GMAT score with additional preparation, it might be worth considering a retake. However, a score of 700 is not a disqualifier, and applicants with strong profiles have been admitted with similar scores.

Coming to your work experience, seven years of work experience in a specialized field, coupled with your current role as an Operations Manager, demonstrates a strong professional background. Your fast-track promotion and performance award also indicate your contributions and achievements. Being a marine engineer with experience in the marine industry can be a unique and valuable perspective to bring to an MBA program.

Your involvement in extracurricular activities during your undergraduate years, especially as a Cadet Captain and on the cult fest organizing committee, shows leadership and teamwork. While you have some involvement in extracurricular activities, consider if there are opportunities to take on more leadership roles or contribute in a more impactful way, as ISB values applicants who demonstrate leadership and community engagement.

Your career goals are somewhat vague. It would be beneficial to provide more specific details about the strategic roles you aspire to in Supply Chain Management and Operations within the energy sector or other industries. A clear and well-defined career plan can strengthen your application.

Regarding whether you should apply in Round 1 or retake the GMAT, it depends on your personal comfort with your current score and your overall application timeline. If you feel confident in your profile and application materials and believe that you can present a compelling case for your admission, applying in R1 with a score of 700 is reasonable. However, if you have the time and resources to prepare for a GMAT retake and believe you can significantly improve your score, that might also be an option to consider.

Ultimately, the decision to retake the GMAT or apply with your current score should align with your overall application strategy and timeline. Ensure that your application materials, including essays and recommendations, are strong, and make sure to communicate your unique background and potential contributions to the ISB community in your application.

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
MBA and Beyond

vivprakash wrote:
Hi all,

Please review my profile

Extracurricular:

One performance award.

Career Goals:

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43  ...  374