GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 10 Jul 2020, 05:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Jun 2019
Posts: 33
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 08:06
Does anyone have a sense of why the full-time program's deadline was extended to June 1st while the part-time program's deadline was extended to only May 4th? I assume that Kellogg had a larger applicant pool for the part-time program than the full-time program. Does anyone have other thoughts?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 May 2020
Posts: 6
Location: United States
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 08:25
It's going to be a struggle to wait until May 29th to find out - the anticipation is hard! :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 May 2020
Posts: 146
Location: United States
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 15 May 2020, 08:33
ChicagoPTMBA wrote:
I got interviewed today via Skype. The interviewer did confirm that results will be released by May 29th for all.


Was this for everyone who applied since they extended the deadline or just applicable to people like you who applied closer to May 4 and were just now interviewing in May?

This also still doesn’t sound like everyone gets results May 29. It just sounds like everyone will get results by that date. And specifically for you, since you’re just interviewing now, that is 2 weeks from your interview date which is ordinarily their minimum time.

I feel like for everyone else who applied in mid April or earlier, if we haven’t heard yet, we are probably waiting until May 29th for a rejection...

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by ParttimeMBAer856 on 15 May 2020, 08:31.
Last edited by ParttimeMBAer856 on 15 May 2020, 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 May 2020
Posts: 35
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 08:32
Is it possible to re-schedule interview? I found some earlier slots becoming available.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Aug 2018
Posts: 52
Location: United States (GA)
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 09:12
MBA0502 wrote:
Is it possible to re-schedule interview? I found some earlier slots becoming available.


Where do you check the slots? did you get an invite?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 May 2020
Posts: 35
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 09:15
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
MBA0502 wrote:
Is it possible to re-schedule interview? I found some earlier slots becoming available.


Where do you check the slots? did you get an invite?

There is a link in the email they sent to check and book the slot.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Aug 2018
Posts: 52
Location: United States (GA)
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 09:18
MBA0502 wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
MBA0502 wrote:
Is it possible to re-schedule interview? I found some earlier slots becoming available.


Where do you check the slots? did you get an invite?

There is a link in the email they sent to check and book the slot.


I mean, when did you get the email to schedule the interview? I'm asking because I still did not get mine.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 May 2020
Posts: 35
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 09:31
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
MBA0502 wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
MBA0502 wrote:
Is it possible to re-schedule interview? I found some earlier slots becoming available.


Where do you check the slots? did you get an invite?

There is a link in the email they sent to check and book the slot.


I mean, when did you get the email to schedule the interview? I'm asking because I still did not get mine.

I got it on Monday night, you didn't get one probably because your profile is outstanding and was already moved to the background check, thus interview is not necessary.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Aug 2018
Posts: 52
Location: United States (GA)
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 09:46
MBA0502 wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
MBA0502 wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
MBA0502 wrote:
Is it possible to re-schedule interview? I found some earlier slots becoming available.


Where do you check the slots? did you get an invite?

There is a link in the email they sent to check and book the slot.


I mean, when did you get the email to schedule the interview? I'm asking because I still did not get mine.

I got it on Monday night, you didn't get one probably because your profile is outstanding and was already moved to the background check, thus interview is not necessary.


lol, or perhaps they are too dubious about legitimacy of my profile? It's hard to read between the lines amid all this pandemic chaos to be honest. They did not even respond to my follow-up questions :(
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 May 2020
Posts: 146
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 11:48
raceya2002 wrote:
Does anyone have a sense of why the full-time program's deadline was extended to June 1st while the part-time program's deadline was extended to only May 4th? I assume that Kellogg had a larger applicant pool for the part-time program than the full-time program. Does anyone have other thoughts?


Pretty sure their applications are for Fall quarter. May 4 was deadline for EWMBA starting in summer.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 May 2020
Posts: 146
Location: United States
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 13:07
1
What does everyone think of the news? GMAT/GRE waiver now extended to Fall quarter applicants too. Does this possibly mean they’ll admit some of the summer quarter applicants for Fall so needed to extend that option? Or did they realize that most people still submitted scores anyway, but then they just got more applicants to boost stats and such? Or are applications really really down for all programs and they’re anticipating poaching from other programs and they just need to do this?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 May 2020
Posts: 35
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 13:16
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
What does everyone think of the news? GMAT/GRE waiver now extended to Fall quarter applicants too. Does this possibly mean they’ll admit some of the summer quarter applicants for Fall so needed to extend that option? Or did they realize that most people still submitted scores anyway, but then they just got more applicants to boost stats and such? Or are applications really really down for all programs and they’re anticipating poaching from other programs and they just need to do this?

Posted from my mobile device

where did you see the news?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jun 2013
Posts: 30
Location: United States (CT)
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 4
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 13:21
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
What does everyone think of the news? GMAT/GRE waiver now extended to Fall quarter applicants too. Does this possibly mean they’ll admit some of the summer quarter applicants for Fall so needed to extend that option? Or did they realize that most people still submitted scores anyway, but then they just got more applicants to boost stats and such? Or are applications really really down for all programs and they’re anticipating poaching from other programs and they just need to do this?

Posted from my mobile device


I didn't see this news yet, but if that is the case, I think they just want to make sure their applications do not go down. I mean it is irrelevant for someone with a valid GMAT score close to the class median but it will encourage someone with a poor GMAT score to apply with a waiver in fall. I think most of the people with expired GMAT would have applied for summer. but again, it is anybody's guess.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 May 2020
Posts: 146
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 13:22
Scroll to post from today:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/expert-advic ... l#p2520850

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 May 2020
Posts: 146
Location: United States
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 13:24
akshay001 wrote:

I didn't see this news yet, but if that is the case, I think they just want to make sure their applications do not go down. I mean it is irrelevant for someone with a valid GMAT score close to the class median but it will encourage someone with a poor GMAT score to apply with a waiver in fall. I think most of the people with expired GMAT would have applied for summer. but again, it is anybody's guess.



I’m hoping it means that they might admit more people who applied by May 4th (possibly offering some start in Fall instead) because they realize many of us would have applied for Fall but decided to apply early because of the waiver and/or extension of deadline. The fall quarter deadline is now June 10th which is just around the corner anyway, they might not see another big surge anyway considering that the most of the people who would have applied probably already did.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jun 2013
Posts: 30
Location: United States (CT)
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 4
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 13:29
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
akshay001 wrote:

I didn't see this news yet, but if that is the case, I think they just want to make sure their applications do not go down. I mean it is irrelevant for someone with a valid GMAT score close to the class median but it will encourage someone with a poor GMAT score to apply with a waiver in fall. I think most of the people with expired GMAT would have applied for summer. but again, it is anybody's guess.



I’m hoping it means that they might admit more people who applied by May 4th (possibly offering some start in Fall instead) because they realize many of us would have applied for Fall but decided to apply early because of the waiver and/or extension of deadline. The fall quarter deadline is now June 10th which is just around the corner anyway, they might not see another big surge anyway considering that the most of the people who would have applied probably already did.

Posted from my mobile device


Completely agree. I am hoping for that tbh. I won't mind starting in Fall or Summer. I have also applied for the Accelerated option. Not sure if that will play any role this time around as I won't have to take three courses. That can be treated as deferred start as well.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 May 2020
Posts: 146
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 13:31
Yea I do not care when I start! Lol

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 May 2020
Posts: 43
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2020, 08:24
Thanks all for the updates. I applied at the extended deadline (May 4th) but am still awaiting the email to schedule an interview. My file is complete so hope to get the email to schedule the interview this week. But it is reassuring to know I am in good company.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Aug 2018
Posts: 52
Location: United States (GA)
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2020, 08:44
mavericky wrote:
Hey Guys,
I have created a whasapp group for E&W MBA applicants/admittees. Please message me your phone numbers. The link is not getting pasted correctly here.

Thanks,
Amol


Count me in!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 May 2020
Posts: 43
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2020, 20:06
Quick question to the group: do you know what the admissions rate is for the EW program? I see the admissions rate for the FT program is roughly 20%, is the rate comparable for the EW program as well? I've tried to parse the numbers on the decision tracker from previous years, but there seems to be a large number of candidates with unknown statuses. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. (And apologies if this has been asked before)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 16 May 2020, 20:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  46    Next  [ 913 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, Padfoot, Priyanka1293






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne