Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Masters of Science Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [2]
Given Kudos: 113
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
raceya2002 wrote:
SBBB22 wrote:
Quick question to the group: do you know what the admissions rate is for the EW program? I see the admissions rate for the FT program is roughly 20%, is the rate comparable for the EW program as well? I've tried to parse the numbers on the decision tracker from previous years, but there seems to be a large number of candidates with unknown statuses. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. (And apologies if this has been asked before)

I don't know about Kellogg but if this article is still relevant, it would seem that the part-time programs have higher acceptance rates: https://poetsandquants.com/2017/07/17/m ... -programs/

I would venture to say the vast majority of Part-Time, Online, Weekend, Executive, etc. have a higher acceptance rate than a Full-Time program. I will remind you though, each program, regardless of how it is delivered, is meant for different groups of individuals. Remember, Satya Nadella (Microsoft CEO) is the product of the Booth Part-Time MBA program.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [#permalink]
I just finished my interview. I was extremely nervous... hoping it didn't show through that much. The interviewer was very pleasant to talk with! She stated at the very beginning that decisions will be sent out on the 29th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Whatthe117 wrote:
SBBB22 wrote:
Quick question to the group: do you know what the admissions rate is for the EW program? I see the admissions rate for the FT program is roughly 20%, is the rate comparable for the EW program as well? I've tried to parse the numbers on the decision tracker from previous years, but there seems to be a large number of candidates with unknown statuses. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. (And apologies if this has been asked before)

This is a pretty common question at informationals/webinars. Adcoms will not say so its anyone guess. However, I think it's safe to say PT is less competitive than FT.

Saw this on Poets&Quants this morning: https://poetsandquants.com/2020/05/06/h ... -programs/ Apparently Kellogg's part-time group is between 804-795. Interestingly, the article says that the program has only seen a 1.1% decline in enrollment between 2016-2020.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
That ~800 number though is total enrolled. So figure it takes most part time students 3 years to finish, so 12 quarters. That roughly means about 65 per quarter. So you could guess that about 60-70 will be admitted for every new quarter as roughly the same graduate. I think I’ve seen the 70 number somewhere earlier on this thread - someone mentioned that a matriculating student said his cohort was about 70 people.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[quote="ParttimeMBAer856"]That ~800 number though is total enrolled. So figure it takes most part time students 3 years to finish, so 12 quarters. That roughly means about 65 per quarter. So you could guess that about 60-70 will be admitted for every new quarter as roughly the same graduate. I think I’ve seen the 70 number somewhere earlier on this thread - someone mentioned that a matriculating student said his cohort was about 70 people.

A friend of my who just graduated from Kellogg's evening program said that his winter cohort was 55 students but others were as high as 115.
Current Student
Send PM
That is still consistent with these numbers and I’m guessing if you look at graduating quarter, there are probably more who graduate in fall and spring compared to summer and winter because the majority of courses are offered in fall and spring so many students probably wait an additional quarter to do 1-2 required or elective courses. I’d guess too there are students who are admitted and begin the program but decide not to finish somewhere along the way.

That being said, it’s totally possible they admit more students than normal this quarter for the simple fact many of us would have otherwise waited and applied for fall instead of summer.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
bernstein29 wrote:
I just finished my interview. I was extremely nervous... hoping it didn't show through that much. The interviewer was very pleasant to talk with! She stated at the very beginning that decisions will be sent out on the 29th.

Great and good luck! How long did it last?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
ChicagoPTMBA wrote:
bernstein29 wrote:

Great and good luck! How long did it last?

Are they interviewing everyone? Or is there some pres-screening going on? Thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
at this point it's all speculation. In the past interview waiver = ding. But no one knows what it means during Covid.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q165 V153
GPA: 3.51
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Looks like they have waived GMAT/GRE even for the Fall quarter. The FAQ's on the Kellogg website has all the updated information for all their Programs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
vp40 wrote:
at this point it's all speculation. In the past interview waiver = ding. But no one knows what it means during Covid.

I doubt they admit anyone in without an interview, it's likely a ding with the waiver given the uptick in volume.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
kendrick1993 wrote:
vp40 wrote:

I doubt they admit anyone in without an interview, it's likely a ding with the waiver given the uptick in volume.

For those who have an interview waiver, or haven't received an interview request...Have you met with adcom before, or had a one-on one meeting? If adcom feels they know you, maybe they don't want to take an interview away from someone else.

Just a thought, but everything is pure speculation at this point. It would be nice if there was some more transparency in the process. It seems odd that Kellogg would string candidates along without interviewing them, vs. just denying them.
Current Student
Send PM
I hope you’re right but it seems like with any of these MBA applications that the candidates who find out last are the rejected ones.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.41
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
I hope this helps:
Prospective student FAQ -> Full-time MBA -> For those who applied in Round 3 -> How will interviews work for Round 3 and the extended round 3

They have clearly mentioned that interview waiver will no way negatively impact your candidacy and adcom will keep this in mind while reviewing you application

I would guess that it wouldn't be any different for PT program

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 61
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
That is still consistent with these numbers and I’m guessing if you look at graduating quarter, there are probably more who graduate in fall and spring compared to summer and winter because the majority of courses are offered in fall and spring so many students probably wait an additional quarter to do 1-2 required or elective courses. I’d guess too there are students who are admitted and begin the program but decide not to finish somewhere along the way.

That being said, it’s totally possible they admit more students than normal this quarter for the simple fact many of us would have otherwise waited and applied for fall instead of summer.

In looking at Poets&Quants, NYU's FT admission rate is 23.2% vs. 68.1% for PT; UCLA: 24.3% (FT) vs 64.4% (PT); Michigan/Ross: 27.1% (FT) vs 73.8% (PT). Based on those numbers you'd think Kellogg should be somewhat comparable (i.e. around 60-65% for PT admissions), and perhaps slightly higher this quarter.
Masters of Science Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Send PM
SBBB22 wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:

In looking at Poets&Quants, NYU's FT admission rate is 23.2% vs. 68.1% for PT; UCLA: 24.3% (FT) vs 64.4% (PT); Michigan/Ross: 27.1% (FT) vs 73.8% (PT). Based on those numbers you'd think Kellogg should be somewhat comparable (i.e. around 60-65% for PT admissions), and perhaps slightly higher this quarter.

That sounds appropriate. Although a higher acceptance rate, I would venture to say that the quality is just as good (maybe even better at some programs). These PT, Executive and Online programs are geared towards high performing business professionals where exceptional experience is more important than standardized test scores.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [1]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Kudos
FinanceMan wrote:
SBBB22 wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:

That sounds appropriate. Although a higher acceptance rate, I would venture to say that the quality is just as good (maybe even better at some programs). These PT, Executive and Online programs are geared towards high performing business professionals where exceptional experience is more important than standardized test scores.

I do believe there is some pre-screening going on.

I'm looking into OMBA and EMBA programs. Each one I've looked into (Booth, Kellogg, Ross, Anderson, Darden and Kelley) had an option to submit your resume as a precursor to scheduling a conversation with someone in adcom where they could answer questions and provide some feedback.

I'm presuming some people leave those conversations with the opinion their candidacy wouldn't be viewed as being strong and they don't apply.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts