GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Aug 2020, 09:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.33
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 07:46
Ah, you're right. I didn't filter by program.
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 08:00
Anyone that has a complete application with GMAT waiver after May 4th received interview invite or any communication?
(i.e. Completed apps on May 4th, rec letters came in days after)

With Fall intake also waiving the GMAT, anyone considering asking adcom to push their apps out for Fall intake?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 08:15
bernstein29 wrote:
Looking at the decision tracker, there have been people who were denied without interview in the past few days, so I think there is hope for those who got an interview waiver. Wish you all luck next week!

Also, keep in mind that there is no tracking for evening vs. weekend. For all we know, Kellogg is being more selective of evening applicants living in the Chicago Metro vs. weekend applicants traveling to Chicago for class.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 4
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 08:30
raceya2002 wrote:
bernstein29 wrote:
Looking at the decision tracker, there have been people who were denied without interview in the past few days, so I think there is hope for those who got an interview waiver. Wish you all luck next week!

Also, keep in mind that there is no tracking for evening vs. weekend. For all we know, Kellogg is being more selective of evening applicants living in the Chicago Metro vs. weekend applicants traveling to Chicago for class.

Yes, I am curious to know the split between Weekend and Evening applications for this quarter especially, but didn't find anything.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 09:13
akshay001 wrote:
raceya2002 wrote:
bernstein29 wrote:

Yes, I am curious to know the split between Weekend and Evening applications for this quarter especially, but didn't find anything.

A colleague of mine told me that their friend sent in their resume for a preliminary review (profession: marketing / undergrad: marketing) and was planning on applying with the GMAT waiver. The individual didn't have a quantitative background. After reviewing the resume, the advisor said that given the lack of a GMAT/GRE score and demonstratable quantitative ability, the individual would not be accepted. This leads me to believe that those that have demonstrated the ability to do the quantitative work in their job/undergrad or have provided a test score have a better chance of being considered (maybe even admitted).
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 09:15
Just finished the interview with a part-time admission officer (also a pt alumni working in a tier 1 consulting firm), was told the interview is about 30 minutes, but actually went for 50 minutes. Several general behavior questions plus scenario case questions, then shared some of his stories, very admirable interviewer, and I enjoyed the conversation.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.33

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 09:19
This is good to know. There was one question that I didn't expect from my interview which was "how do you use quantitative data in your current job?" I think this fits in with the view that they are looking for evidence of strength in quant for those who got a GMAT waiver.

raceya2002 wrote:
akshay001 wrote:
raceya2002 wrote:
bernstein29 wrote:

A colleague of mine told me that their friend sent in their resume for a preliminary review (profession: marketing / undergrad: marketing) and was planning on applying with the GMAT waiver. The individual didn't have a quantitative background. After reviewing the resume, the advisor said that given the lack of a GMAT/GRE score and demonstratable quantitative ability, the individual would not be accepted. This leads me to believe that those that have demonstrated the ability to do the quantitative work in their job/undergrad or have provided a test score have a better chance of being considered (maybe even admitted).
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 09:31
Congrats on the interview.
Just curious to know how many scenarios? General Scenarios or case studies?

MBA0502 wrote:
Just finished the interview with a part-time admission officer (also a pt alumni working in a tier 1 consulting firm), was told the interview is about 30 minutes, but actually went for 50 minutes. Several general behavior questions plus scenario case questions, then shared some of his stories, very admirable interviewer, and I enjoyed the conversation.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 09:55
indratiger wrote:
Congrats on the interview.
Just curious to know how many scenarios? General Scenarios or case studies?

MBA0502 wrote:

General scenarios, it is something like when you are working with team on a project, and something happens, what you gonna do.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 10:00
raceya2002 wrote:
akshay001 wrote:
raceya2002 wrote:
bernstein29 wrote:

This seems very accurate. I completely agree with the reasoning. Thanks for sharing!

Posted from my mobile device
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 10:03
raceya2002 wrote:
akshay001 wrote:
raceya2002 wrote:
bernstein29 wrote:

This is exactly what they should do. If a GMAT/GRE is not there, they have to look for other methods in which they can assess someone's quantitative skills. The only place they have to look is your undergraduate transcript(s) and your employment.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 12:44
I submit my application for the summer term on May 3rd. It was a complete application with the GMAT waiver. I have not received any email to schedule an interview or about an interview waiver. I called admissions and have gotten conflicting responses. One was that emails for interviews will be sent through this Friday. However, all interviews are due by this Friday. The other response states that if any information was needed, an email would be sent for an interview. So not all applicants will receive an interview or a waiver, some may receive nothing? Anyone else in the same boat and can shed some clarity on this?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 13:07
jgasieni wrote:
I submit my application for the summer term on May 3rd. It was a complete application with the GMAT waiver. I have not received any email to schedule an interview or about an interview waiver. I called admissions and have gotten conflicting responses. One was that emails for interviews will be sent through this Friday. However, all interviews are due by this Friday. The other response states that if any information was needed, an email would be sent for an interview. So not all applicants will receive an interview or a waiver, some may receive nothing? Anyone else in the same boat and can shed some clarity on this?

Last day of interviews are actually this Saturday, which is when mine is. Tbh feels like if you don't have an interview at this point its likely a ding. Small chance they admit folks without GMAT and interview.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 13:10
jgasieni wrote:

I submitted my application on May 1st and completed all steps by 5/4 (i.e. recommendation letters). Didn't receive an invitation for an interview for about two weeks and had follow up a couple times. I was first told that not everyone will get interviews but then finally got an invitation after couple days. When trying to schedule an interview, no date appeared as available after 5/22. I was told all decisions will be released by 5/29, which seems consistent with what other applicants have been told in this thread.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 13:20
jgasieni wrote:

I submitted my application on the 28th and received an automated invitation for an interview on the 29th (if some people are not receiving an automated request for an interview, I suspect there is some screening of the applicant pool via some decision engine they have in place to streamline the assessment process). I scheduled the interview for May 6th, same day my letters of rec came in (busy work week). The email said to expect the interview to last an hour. Interviewed with an alum of the PT program. The interview lasted about 30 minutes plus 15 minutes of Q&A. The interviewer said to expect a decision in a few weeks but didn't give me a definitive date. I guess the 29th really is the day of reckoning unless they provide decisions on the 22nd.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 20 May 2020, 13:35
kendrick1993 wrote:
jgasieni wrote:

Last day of interviews are actually this Saturday, which is when mine is. Tbh feels like if you don't have an interview at this point its likely a ding. Small chance they admit folks without GMAT and interview.

I would've definitely agreed with this if it was under a normal situation b/c Kellogg values meeting / sharing experiences with applicants but can't tell if they chose to give some applicants an interview waiver because they didn't qualify or simply because the adcom just couldn't get to them in time due to the high volume of applications.

Originally posted by ChicagoPTMBA1 on 20 May 2020, 13:23.
Last edited by ChicagoPTMBA1 on 20 May 2020, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 13:33
An email I received from adcom confirmed that all results will be released by 5/29. Unless you schedule your interview fairly quickly, you probably gonna end up with no available slots. I witnessed how quickly they were booked up.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 13:35
MBA0502 wrote:
An email I received from adcom confirmed that all results will be released by 5/29. Unless you schedule your interview fairly quickly, you probably gonna end up with no available slots. I witnessed how quickly they were booked up.

Did you receive an email providing you with a link to interview slots?

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 13:37
ChicagoPTMBA1 wrote:
jgasieni wrote:

I submitted my application on May 1st and completed all steps by 5/4 (i.e. recommendation letters). Didn't receive an invitation for an interview for about two weeks and had follow up a couple times. I was first told that not everyone will get interviews but then finally got an invitation after couple days. When trying to schedule an interview, no date appeared as available after 5/22. I was told all decisions will be released by 5/29, which seems consistent with what other applicants have been told in this thread.

I just saw tomorrow at 12pm has a available slot.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 13:39
jgasieni wrote:
MBA0502 wrote:

Did you receive an email providing you with a link to interview slots?

Yes I got a link to view in the email.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 20 May 2020, 13:39

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  57    Next  [ 1124 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Priyanka1293, Lekoben, Padfoot