GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Aug 2020, 07:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 13:42
MBA0502 wrote:
ChicagoPTMBA1 wrote:
jgasieni wrote:
I submit my application for the summer term on May 3rd. It was a complete application with the GMAT waiver. I have not received any email to schedule an interview or about an interview waiver. I called admissions and have gotten conflicting responses. One was that emails for interviews will be sent through this Friday. However, all interviews are due by this Friday. The other response states that if any information was needed, an email would be sent for an interview. So not all applicants will receive an interview or a waiver, some may receive nothing? Anyone else in the same boat and can shed some clarity on this?

Posted from my mobile device

I submitted my application on May 1st and completed all steps by 5/4 (i.e. recommendation letters). Didn't receive an invitation for an interview for about two weeks and had follow up a couple times. I was first told that not everyone will get interviews but then finally got an invitation after couple days. When trying to schedule an interview, no date appeared as available after 5/22. I was told all decisions will be released by 5/29, which seems consistent with what other applicants have been told in this thread.

I just saw tomorrow at 12pm has a available slot.

How are you seeing these slots??
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 13:42
MBA0502 wrote:
jgasieni wrote:
MBA0502 wrote:
An email I received from adcom confirmed that all results will be released by 5/29. Unless you schedule your interview fairly quickly, you probably gonna end up with no available slots. I witnessed how quickly they were booked up.

Did you receive an email providing you with a link to interview slots?

Yes I got a link to view in the email.

Was it a part of your submission email or a different email?
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.95

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 13:47
I had my interviewer last week. It was short and sweet. The interviewer let me know upfront that we would only have 30 minutes to chat and to keep my answers short and concise. While the questions were very similar to what has been already listed, the tone of the conversation felt a bit rushed. Seems like most people had lengthy, more casual conversations whereas mine was more much direct and succinct (although I felt my answers were strong and received positive feedback throughout the convo).

Did anyone else have this experience?

As an FYI, I applied 5/1 and signed up for interviews one week later.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 13:54
chicagomba111 wrote:
I had my interviewer last week. It was short and sweet. The interviewer let me know upfront that we would only have 30 minutes to chat and to keep my answers short and concise. While the questions were very similar to what has been already listed, the tone of the conversation felt a bit rushed. Seems like most people had lengthy, more casual conversations whereas mine was more much direct and succinct (although I felt my answers were strong and received positive feedback throughout the convo).

I interviewed few days ago and also felt the same. The convo was good and it was similar to questions listed but I felt it was rushed too.

Also, I got an email that says decisions will be release via email.

Does that mean all decisions will come in the email instead of a phone call or is that tell me that it ll be a ding

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 13:57
chicagomba111 wrote:

I'd say mine was relatively short too. Mine ran little over 30 min, which was what the interviewer said as we got started. I would think it just depends on interviewers' styles and how much time they had until their next interviews.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 14:00
jgasieni wrote:
MBA0502 wrote:
jgasieni wrote:
MBA0502 wrote:
An email I received from adcom confirmed that all results will be released by 5/29. Unless you schedule your interview fairly quickly, you probably gonna end up with no available slots. I witnessed how quickly they were booked up.

Did you receive an email providing you with a link to interview slots?

Yes I got a link to view in the email.

Was it a part of your submission email or a different email?

I got it in a separate email 10 days after my submission, and I am still able to use that link to view the slots
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 14:02
chicagomba111 wrote:

I applied on 5/4 and received an email on 5/11 to schedule my interview. I completed my interview on 5/15 with a person from AdCom. Mine was the last slot for the day at 6pm EST. I felt a lil rushed through my interview too. I was told at the beginning that it would last anywhere between 30 to 45 min and it ended up lasting 45 mins. The interviewer had a pre written set of questions which were shot at me one after the other.

What was weird about my interview was that I was never asked about my short term or long term goals which I feel are very common questions in MBA interviews. I had briefly mentioned about what I wanna do (long term goal) during my introduction

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 14:02
hellogmatprep45 wrote:
chicagomba111 wrote:

I interviewed few days ago and also felt the same. The convo was good and it was similar to questions listed but I felt it was rushed too.

Does that mean all decisions will come in the email instead of a phone call or is that tell me that it ll be a ding

Good to hear that you had a similar experience. I was starting to panic. It still seems odd considering what others are experiencing (and I have a few friends in program who said theirs was much more casual), but perhaps they are being forced to interview many applicants given current volume/different interviewer style.

Regard email, I also received the same thing but it was generic 'thank you for interviewing' email from Kellogg. I would suspect they said you will be notified on the application status page so that if you are rejected, you aren't expecting a phone call. Conversely, if you get in, a phone call is probably a nice touch. I would read to much into the email here. Additionally, I received the email right after I completed my interview and the interview feedback wasn't submitted until a few days later as per the check boxes on the application overview, so I have to think the email was an automated process.

Didn't realize this whole process would be so nerve-wrecking lol
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 14:06
5sufive wrote:
chicagomba111 wrote:

I applied on 5/4 and received an email on 5/11 to schedule my interview. I completed my interview on 5/15 with a person from AdCom. Mine was the last slot for the day at 6pm EST. I felt a lil rushed through my interview too. I was told at the beginning that it would last anywhere between 30 to 45 min and it ended up lasting 45 mins. The interviewer had a pre written set of questions which were shot at me one after the other.

What was weird about my interview was that I was never asked about my short term or long term goals which I feel are very common questions in MBA interviews. I had briefly mentioned about what I wanna do (long term goal) during my introduction

Agreed. There was no time for small talk or pleasantries, which normally I am great at facilitating. It seems like they might just needed to get through a large batch of interviewees? If you answered part of the question in another response, I would assume they would skip to the next. I was asked about my ST/LT goals, though. However, I was never once asked anything about data or analytical skills, which I hope is not a ding. All of my questions were leadership and teamwork focused. The actual interview was probs 20 mins with 10 mins dedicated to questions and brief conversation at the end.

I've got to believe that if they didn't ask it, it's because they didn't feel they needed to know = you showed that in other part of your application (I'm hoping!)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 14:11
chicagomba111 wrote:

I would say my experience was similar, which was a surprise because we had an hour time slot. It went 40 minutes, the extra 10 minutes being for my interviewer to tell me about their Kellogg experience and I asked questions. I went a bit long on my resume, took about a third of our time on that.

Questions were a lot easier than I expected. Positive feedback so we'll see.

Best wishes to everyone.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 4
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 14:12
hellogmatprep45 wrote:
chicagomba111 wrote:

I got same email after the interview. ..."you will be notified of your admission decision via email." I think they call for full time admits, but for PT, it might be an email. no clue.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 14:19
akshay001 wrote:
hellogmatprep45 wrote:
chicagomba111 wrote:

I got same email after the interview. ..."you will be notified of your admission decision via email." I think they call for full time admits, but for PT, it might be an email. no clue.

You will likely get an email that you have a status update on your portal. I am attaching my email from Fuqua when I was admitted to my program.
Attachments

File comment: Fuqua Email
Screenshot_20200520-171647_Gmail~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200520-171647_Gmail~2.jpg [ 499.84 KiB | Viewed 1955 times ]

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 15:09
FinanceMan wrote:
akshay001 wrote:
hellogmatprep45 wrote:
chicagomba111 wrote:

You will likely get an email that you have a status update on your portal. I am attaching my email from Fuqua when I was admitted to my program.

I will say, at least it seems that Kellogg is being consistent in this round 3. From what people have been posting, it seems Kellogg hasn't provided any admission information (accept/reject) for those applying in the third round. The whole idea that if you are accepted you will hear after two weeks from your interview or when your application is complete is out the window. We can't truly read into anything at this point.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 16:34
FinanceMan wrote:
akshay001 wrote:
hellogmatprep45 wrote:
chicagomba111 wrote:

Also, congrats on getting into Fuqua!
S

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 16:46
I agree!

raceya2002 wrote:
FinanceMan wrote:
akshay001 wrote:
hellogmatprep45 wrote:
chicagomba111 wrote:

I will say, at least it seems that Kellogg is being consistent in this round 3. From what people have been posting, it seems Kellogg hasn't provided any admission information (accept/reject) for those applying in the third round. The whole idea that if you are accepted you will hear after two weeks from your interview or when your application is complete is out the window. We can't truly read into anything at this point.

S

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 16:46
Thank you!!!

raceya2002 wrote:
FinanceMan wrote:
akshay001 wrote:
hellogmatprep45 wrote:
chicagomba111 wrote:

Also, congrats on getting into Fuqua!

Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 08:34
Poets and Quants interviewed Emily Haydon for an article it published yesterday. Here is a relevant snippet: “Kellogg has decided to waive the GMAT/GRE test requirement for applicants to the Summer and Fall Quarters of our E&W program. The rigor of Kellogg’s evaluation process is a big part of what allows us to do this. Our admissions team takes a very comprehensive approach to evaluations. There are so many factors — undergrad experience, letters of recommendation, written essays, *interviews* — that create the full picture of an individual. And we would never accept a student who does not meet the high admissions standards that we’ve always held.”

Seeing this and based on the previous discussions on this thread makes me more inclined to believe GMAT/GRE waiver + interview waiver = ding

Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 09:16
Why wouldn’t the school communicate the rejections sooner? If they decided they won’t accept certain students what is stopping them to send denials

Additionally, is there a waitlist concept for PT applicants?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 09:29
My interview status still says "Awaiting" and yet no mail about scheduling it. Does that mean a ding? How are interview waivers communicated?
Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 09:45
stryder007 wrote:
My interview status still says "Awaiting" and yet no mail about scheduling it. Does that mean a ding? How are interview waivers communicated?

A few others in this chat group have already received their interview waiver notifications. Given applicant decisions will be made by the 29th and given slots for interviews only extend till the end of this week (as per info shared by others in this group) I'd imagine the rest of us will find out soon whether or not we get interviews or not.

This is from the Kellogg website:

"The interview provides an opportunity for you to learn more about our programs. It also allows the admissions team to further evaluate your interpersonal and communication skills, career focus and motivations for pursuing the Kellogg MBA. We want to look beyond what we see on paper and learn more about you, which is why we strive to interview as many candidates as possible. Admissions interviews are by invitation only. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you after your application is submitted. At this time, all interviews will be conducted virtually.

Interview Waivers
Due to the high demand for interviews and limited availability of interviewers, you may receive an interview waiver. If you receive a waiver, you may not request a phone or virtual interview. However, if you receive an interview waiver and the admissions committee needs additional information regarding your application, we may contact you if an interview is needed to make a determination on your application."
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 21 May 2020, 09:45

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  56    Next  [ 1118 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status