GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 09:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q165 V153
GPA: 3.51
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 09:57
Joey0502 wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
Joey0502 wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
I got an email from the admissions asking to fill a consent form for background check. I'm assuming this is part of the regular process? If so, when do background checks typically start?

Congratulations, it is a sign of giving you an offer. I personally wrote lots of recommendations for interns in my company, and thus received many background check emails from school, all of them received the offers later.

Wow, is it really? Thank you for your insight. My fingers are tightly crossed then!!

Not sure about Kellogg, but in the emails I received from schools like Columiba, MIT usually say something like XXX university mandates that all enrolling/admitted students complete a credentials verification process. Schools won't background check everyone as they hire a third-party company to do so and it cost $$. They usually just ask me to verify that I did wrote the letters for the applicants. When was your interview? My interview will be on May 20th, and all interviews will be done on 23rd, I guess majority of decisions for late applications will come after that.

I always thought the candidate pays for the background checks. My wife just got into Tuck and Cornell, she had to pay $150 to Re vera to initiate the background check and I know Kellogg also uses Re Vera for background checks too. So AlphaCentauri4ly , were you asked to do the same with your background check? Did you end up paying? If so, you might actually be in real contention for the admit.
Manager
Manager
B
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 09:59
Joey0502 wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
Joey0502 wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
I got an email from the admissions asking to fill a consent form for background check. I'm assuming this is part of the regular process? If so, when do background checks typically start?

Congratulations, it is a sign of giving you an offer. I personally wrote lots of recommendations for interns in my company, and thus received many background check emails from school, all of them received the offers later.

Wow, is it really? Thank you for your insight. My fingers are tightly crossed then!!

Not sure about Kellogg, but in the emails I received from schools like Columiba, MIT usually say something like XXX university mandates that all enrolling/admitted students complete a credentials verification process. Schools won't background check everyone as they hire a third-party company to do so and it cost $$. They usually just ask me to verify that I did wrote the letters for the applicants. When was your interview? My interview will be on May 20th, and all interviews will be done on 23rd, I guess majority of decisions for late applications will come after that.

I haven't received any information about the interview yet. I wrote to them yesterday asking about it, so waiting for answers.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 10:01
susukivasanth wrote:
Joey0502 wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
Joey0502 wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:

I always thought the candidate pays for the background checks. My wife just got into Tuck and Cornell, she had to pay $150 to Re vera to initiate the background check and I know Kellogg also uses Re Vera for background checks too. So AlphaCentauri4ly , were you asked to do the same with your background check? Did you end up paying? If so, you might actually be in real contention for the admit.

Nope, din't have to pay for anything but for the application so far.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 10:02
MBA1216 wrote:
I just spoke with someone from the Kellogg admission’s office and she stated that they will try to communicate decisions to applicants that applied early before May 29th, but if you do not hear anything before May 29th you can expect to have a decision on May 29th.

She stated that they received a large number of applicants all at once, so most of the applicants that applied around the May 4th deadline can expect to receive a decision around the same time, which will most likely be closer to May 29th.

Good luck everyone!

This seems like an even worse sign for those of us who applied mid April but still haven’t heard. We are basically being considered against even later applicants during the extended deadline. It feels like the majority of decisions on May 29th are going to be rejections...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 10:15
MBA1216 wrote:
I just spoke with someone from the Kellogg admission’s office and she stated that they will try to communicate decisions to applicants that applied early before May 29th, but if you do not hear anything before May 29th you can expect to have a decision on May 29th.

She stated that they received a large number of applicants all at once, so most of the applicants that applied around the May 4th deadline can expect to receive a decision around the same time, which will most likely be closer to May 29th.

Good luck everyone!

Hey Thanks for calling and confirming about this. All the best.
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 May 2020, 10:21
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
MBA1216 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

This seems like an even worse sign for those of us who applied mid April but still haven’t heard. We are basically being considered against even later applicants during the extended deadline. It feels like the majority of decisions on May 29th are going to be rejections...

I think that for those who applied Mid April, they will begin to receive their decisions next week. You also have to remember that there are some applicants who applied in March and were given until May 15th to submit their test score from the virtual GMAT or GRE exams. After tomorrow the only item all applicants can have outstanding is the interview, this is why I think next week is the week they will begin communicating decisions. Ad Com has to give precedence to candidates that will submit his or her virtual exam score by the May 15th deadline.

Originally posted by MBA1216 on 14 May 2020, 10:17.
Last edited by MBA1216 on 14 May 2020, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 10:21
susukivasanth wrote:
MBA1216 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

If they received lots of good late applications for limited remaining seats, do you think they will offer fall admission instead of just rejecting them?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 10:23
Joey0502 wrote:
susukivasanth wrote:
MBA1216 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

If they received lots of good late applications for limited remaining seats, do you think they will offer fall admission instead of just rejecting them?

I have no idea how they would consider the rejected applicants. I have not read in any older threads of Kellogg doing this, it might just be new territory even for Kellogg. So wait and watch is the game.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.11

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 10:24
Joey0502 wrote:
susukivasanth wrote:
MBA1216 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

that makese no sense. why would they do that
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 10:33
MBA1216 wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
MBA1216 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

I think that for those who applied Mid April, they will begin to receive their decisions next week. You also have to remember that there are some applicants who applied in March and were given until May 15th to submit their test score from the virtual GMAT or GRE exams. After tomorrow the only item all applicants can have outstanding is the interview, this is why I think next week is the week they will begin communicating decisions. Ad Com has to give precedence to candidates that will submit his or her virtual exam score by the May 15th deadline.

I really like this logic and hope that is the case. I suppose even applicants who applied in April may not have submitted their scores. But I also can’t imagine someone who applied is taking 6 weeks to submit their score, not to mention that it really impacts their admissions decision since I highly doubt anyone would lie about their unofficial score which is submitted at the time of the application.

The only promising data point is that hardly no one who applied since April has received an actual decision, despite some having activity on their profiles.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 10:40
Anon16001 wrote:
Joey0502 wrote:
susukivasanth wrote:
MBA1216 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

If they reject applicants who can be considered as top of their already admitted class simply due to limited #of seats without alternative solution, that's also a big loss for the school.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 4
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 10:48
MBA0502 wrote:
Anon16001 wrote:
Joey0502 wrote:
susukivasanth wrote:
MBA1216 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

If they reject applicants who can be considered as top of their already admitted class simply due to limited #of seats without alternative solution, that's also a big loss for the school.

agreed. also, their fall applications will be lower. I am sure many people are in same boat and decided to apply now than in fall.
Manager
Manager
B
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 11:20
Does anyone know how long it normally would take Kellogg to notify rejected applicants for EWMBA for prior quarters? I’m wondering if it took like 2 weeks for those accepted but then for those rejected it took the full 6, which would make those of us who have been waiting feel even worse about May 29th. Lol

The other factor that may drag out the process is people whose recommenders submit their letters late/after the deadline. I think that’s a common situation actually and may be more of an explanation than people taking weeks to submit official gmat scores.

I also just tried calling to get a little more info about those who applied in April versus those who applied close to the May 4 deadline but the call wouldn’t go through. Seriously hope it’s just their call forwarding service not working and not like they have caller ID and avoiding picking up lolllll.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 12:06
I definitely think some applicants will get asked to be move to Fall because Kellogg has previously asked FT applicants if they wanted to switch to a PT applicant.

For what its worth, I didn't get an email about a background check (accepted in April)

If you do get accepted, orientation is scheduled for June 11-17.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 07:03
I got interviewed today via Skype. The interviewer did confirm that results will be released by May 29th for all.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.11

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 07:05
Part time or full time?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 07:09
So, since I got the email from Kellogg about consent form for background check couple of days ago, I've signed it and emailed it back immediately. They requested to send it back in a day, which I did and even followed-up with request to acknowledge the receipt yesterday. I get no response from them so far, should I be directly calling the admissions so I wouldn't lose my sleep over this?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 07:10
ChicagoPTMBA wrote:
I got interviewed today via Skype. The interviewer did confirm that results will be released by May 29th for all.

Cool, how did it go?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 07:14
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
ChicagoPTMBA wrote:

Cool, how did it go?

It was for PT.

Surprisingly at the start of the interview, the interviewer mentioned it is only 30 minutes interview, not sure if that was just me or due to the load they are reducing the time to 30 for an hour :)

It went fine, pretty much standard questions.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 07:19
ChicagoPTMBA wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
ChicagoPTMBA wrote:

Cool, how did it go?

It was for PT.

Surprisingly at the start of the interview, the interviewer mentioned it is only 30 minutes interview, not sure if that was just me or due to the load they are reducing the time to 30 for an hour :)

It went fine, pretty much standard questions.

Yeah, probably because of all the load. Anyways, good luck :) . Please share your experience in detail if possible.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 15 May 2020, 07:19

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  44    Next  [ 879 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, Padfoot, Priyanka1293