GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Jul 2020, 07:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 07:20
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
I thought it went very well, it was with an adcom. They asked me basically the standard 10 or so questions that others have said were asked in the interview debrief. No curveballs. It felt very comfortable really. It went for about an hour, but the first 5-10 min we had some technical difficulties. I also think the interviewer went a bit off script asking me questions about specific things I said just because she was interested in what I was saying, so that is why it went a little longer too.

Posted from my mobile device

That sounds like a good sign to me, perhaps you will hear from them soon :)
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 07:27
I definitely felt really good about the interview! But I think if she was just a highly skilled interviewer that many people probably think they were a shoe-in and then don’t get admitted too lol. Trying to stay positive though!

Manager
Manager
B
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 07:46
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
I definitely felt really good about the interview! But I think if she was just a highly skilled interviewer that many people probably think they were a shoe-in and then don’t get admitted too lol. Trying to stay positive though!

If I was to ding a candidate, I would break out the news sooner than later; so I believe you are very much in contention if they're making you wait.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 07:52
Hi All, I submitted my application late on 2nd May, technically 3rd May as it was about 1 AM CST. I haven't heard back on any next steps - no interview call or background check etc. Is anyone else in the same boat and any idea on when we should expect the responses from Kellogg? 29th May is so close and not hearing back is making me so nervous!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 08:01
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
I got an email from the admissions asking to fill a consent form for background check. I'm assuming this is part of the regular process? If so, when do background checks typically start?

Congratulations, it is a sign of giving you an offer. I personally wrote lots of recommendations for interns in my company, and thus received many background check emails from school, all of them received the offers later.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 08:03
This application process has been brutal. I had been studying for the GMAT for 7 months only to not be able to take the test because my test dates continued to be canceled due to COVID -19. Interviewed at preview day on 2/15. Submitted my application on 3/31. Applied the GMAT waiver on 4/20 and was told that Ad Com had already already performed the initial review of my application prior to me applying the waiver on 4/20. All of this has transpired while completing my final courses for my MS degree and working a full-time job with insane deadlines. 2020 will forever be undefeated in my book. Throw the whole year away.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 08:18
I applied and interviewed mid-April. Is it a bad sign I haven’t heard anything yet, no background check email? Has anyone else gotten a background check email?

It seems pretty strange that they’d ask someone to submit for a background check but then not tell them if they’re admitted or not..? I thought that step comes after admissions but maybe that is incorrect.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 08:25
Joey0502 wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
I got an email from the admissions asking to fill a consent form for background check. I'm assuming this is part of the regular process? If so, when do background checks typically start?

Congratulations, it is a sign of giving you an offer. I personally wrote lots of recommendations for interns in my company, and thus received many background check emails from school, all of them received the offers later.

Wow, is it really? Thank you for your insight. My fingers are tightly crossed then!!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 08:26
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
I applied and interviewed mid-April. Is it a bad sign I haven’t heard anything yet, no background check email? Has anyone else gotten a background check email?

It seems pretty strange that they’d ask someone to submit for a background check but then not tell them if they’re admitted or not..? I thought that step comes after admissions but maybe that is incorrect.

I hear you! These are confusing times.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q165 V153
GPA: 3.51
WE: Design (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 08:28
I applied on April 22 and finished my interview on April 27. I called them and I was told the results would be announced on May 29 and I mailed another Adcom and she told me I will get my results before June 3. I don't know what to make of this, especially after seeing people get background checks and actual Admits(who got admitted yesterday night? - congratulations to them). Situation just gets worse day by day . Typical 2020.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 May 2020, 09:09
I think it is a great sign that the background check was requested!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I also think everyone’s situation will be different. Because this is an unprecedented time for us all, I think it would be hard to read too much into anything. We all have to remain patient and understand the delays in this admission cycle as they are making adjustments to adapt to the current situation. On the website, it states that it can take up to 6 weeks to receive a decision. They currently have not surpassed that time frame. We can not be certain of anything until we all receive the decision. A positive in this all is that we all will have a decision by May 29th!!! That is roughly two weeks away. Hang in there everyone!!! We got this!!!

On a side note, has anyone had Ad Com review their LinkedIn profiles yet?

Attachments

C831536B-4D0C-479B-9D33-DDB31F3DD009.jpeg
C831536B-4D0C-479B-9D33-DDB31F3DD009.jpeg [ 175.45 KiB | Viewed 1057 times ]

Originally posted by MBA1216 on 14 May 2020, 08:36.
Last edited by MBA1216 on 14 May 2020, 09:09, edited 5 times in total.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 May 2020, 09:18
susukivasanth wrote:
I applied on April 22 and finished my interview on April 27. I called them and I was told the results would be announced on May 29 and I mailed another Adcom and she told me I will get my results before June 3. I don't know what to make of this, especially after seeing people get background checks and actual Admits(who got admitted yesterday night? - congratulations to them). Situation just gets worse day by day . Typical 2020.

This is how I feel too, but the admit last night is more consistent with what I was told - which is that most admits will come end of the month but there will be some others before then. I wouldn’t read too much into that. The background check request is pretty weird to me though - and agree that it is disappointing to hear and not hear anything yourself... although fingers crossed and possibly congratulations to other people seeing this activity of course! Lol

Who knows too if the admit was actually yesterday. It’s possible this person just joined gmatclub last night but was admitted months ago. —-> ignore this comment, they joined April 18th so more likely they applied for the summer quarter along with the rest of us.

Originally posted by ParttimeMBAer856 on 14 May 2020, 08:37.
Last edited by ParttimeMBAer856 on 14 May 2020, 09:18, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 08:40
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:

Congratulations AlphaCentauri4ly. Would you mind elaborating on your profile? It may give us insight on factors adcom is considering/measuring. Thanks in advance. :)
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 09:02
Did anyone receive an email that they needed to upload a document to request the waiver? Mine had already received a green check mark that it had been waived but I got an email last night asking me to add a score or add a doc requesting waiver. All other portions of the app/interview were complete. Thanks and good luck to all!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 09:06
No, but I think it was made pretty clear to me by my interviewer and the admissions office via email that my gmat waiver was accepted. Based on my background and other professional designations and such, the interviewer actually told me not to bother taking the gmat (since I had told them I was still planning to do so for the fall quarter app but decided to just apply earlier without it after everything got all screwed up with them not offering it online at that point). And they told me not to bother with taking it given my background.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 09:12
MBA1216 wrote:
I think it is a great sign that the background check was requested!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I also think everyone’s situation will be different. Because this is an unprecedented time for us all, I think it would be hard to read too much into anything. We all have to remain patient and understand the delays in this admission cycle as they are making adjustments to adapt to the current situation. On the website, it states that it can take up to 6 weeks to receive a decision. They currently have not surpassed that time frame. We can not be certain of anything until we all receive the decision. A positive in this all is that we all will have a decision by May 29th!!! That is roughly two weeks away. Hang in there everyone!!! We got this!!!

Very prudent thought, thank you.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q165 V153
GPA: 3.51
WE: Design (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 09:13
MBA1216 wrote:

I also think everyone’s situation will be different. Because this is an unprecedented time for us all, I think it would be hard to read too much into anything. We all have to remain patient and understanding in the delays in this admission cycle as they are making adjustments to adapt to the current situation. On the website, it states that it can take up to 6 weeks to receive a decision. They currently have not surpassed that time frame. We can not be certain of anything until we all receive the decision. A positive in this all is that we all we have a decision by May 29th!!! That is roughly two weeks away. Hang in there everyone!!! We got this!!!

Yes, any activity on your profile is a good sign for sure as only few of them have this. All the best yo. One person did mention about Adcom visiting their LinkedIn profile.
I agree about the decision time and the situation we all are in. But I think they started out saying they would give out the decision for sure by May 22nd and it will be on a rolling basis and I am fine with that, but they say all decisions will be sent out at once on May 29th. Now I see they are sending out admits (yesterday) . It seems like they are all over the place and that concerns me as other top B schools are not so haphazard except Kellogg
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 09:30
bazzinga123 wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:

Congratulations AlphaCentauri4ly. Would you mind elaborating on your profile? It may give us insight on factors adcom is considering/measuring. Thanks in advance. :)

I appreciate it, but please don't congratulate me yet. I'm not counting my chickens still because I din't hear anything about the interview or the decision.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 09:38
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:
Joey0502 wrote:
AlphaCentauri4ly wrote:

Wow, is it really? Thank you for your insight. My fingers are tightly crossed then!!

Not sure about Kellogg, but in the emails I received from schools like Columiba, MIT usually say something like XXX university mandates that all enrolling/admitted students complete a credentials verification process. Schools won't background check everyone as they hire a third-party company to do so and it cost $$. They usually just ask me to verify that I did wrote the letters for the applicants. When was your interview? My interview will be on May 20th, and all interviews will be done on 23rd, I guess majority of decisions for late applications will come after that.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 09:40
I just spoke with someone from the Kellogg admission’s office and she stated that they will try to communicate decisions to applicants that applied early before May 29th, but if you do not hear anything before May 29th you can expect to have a decision on May 29th.

She stated that they received a large number of applicants all at once, so most of the applicants that applied around the May 4th deadline can expect to receive a decision around the same time, which will most likely be closer to May 29th.

Good luck everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 14 May 2020, 09:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  45    Next  [ 885 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, Padfoot, Priyanka1293