GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 23:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 08:19
Also, keep in mind that certain majors are only available on Saturdays according to their website. I suspect that the level of competition is dependent on not only the number of applicants but the major of choice. I wonder how that works for the other majors/pathways. Does one have a competitive advantage if you come to the entrepreneurship pathway with a pre-articulated or without?
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 08:31
akshay001 wrote:
Whatthe117 wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:

Anyone have insight on how competitive the evening Vs weekend applicants will be? I suspect applications were up overall but I’m guessing substantially so for the weekend program?

Posted from my mobile device

According to the information events I attended pre-covid, adcoms officially say there is no difference between Weekend vs Evening and there is also no advantage for applying into a specific quarter. The difference for apps is specifically for class registration priority ,i.e., Weekend students have priority on weekend classes, but can register for evening classes if your schedule permits.

Does anyone know how big the Summer cohort usually is or if Kellogg plans to increase the class size due to the increased app volume? A student told me that their cohort was around 70 students but not sure if that's applicable to all cohorts.

No information about cohort size, but I was wondering if they might increase admits this time around. Many people are like me, who applied early for summer but would have applied for fall if expired GMAT was not accepted or waived. If they reject all, there will be a shortage of fall applications, as for me there is no incentive in applying without some improvement on my profile. so new GMAT and all will put me in Winter 2021 the earliest. just my 0.02!!

Same here - I would have applied for Fall if they hadn’t encouraged people who started applications to basically just submit anyway.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 08:37
Is it possible to apply for the fall after applying for the summer intake? Also, is there a limit on the amount of times you can apply to EWMBA in a calendar year?

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 08:39
rallycap wrote:
Is it possible to apply for the fall after applying for the summer intake? Also, is there a limit on the amount of times you can apply to EWMBA in a calendar year?

Seems like you’d need to wait for a decision and then would be considered a reapplication. Not sure if there is a limit in a single calendar year but suspect it would be harder to demonstrate improvement if you basically are reapplying for every quarter. There is only so much you can demonstrate has improved within a calendar year. Looks like if you reapply after a year from your original application then you’d need to submit a totally new application.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 08:44
Got it thanks. I agree with you on applying for the fall rather than the summer had I known about the uptick in summer applicants. I am taking the GMAT again (after studying for months during the wfh time), so contemplating applying for the fall if I hear bad news regarding my summer application. Still waiting on an interview.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 4
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 08:45
rallycap wrote:

Unless there is very valid improvement in two months, it would be very difficult to write a convincing reapplication essay.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q165 V153
GPA: 3.51
WE: Design (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 08:52
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
Can someone else call and verify? I was not told specifically May 29th (and I called yesterday), although she certainly did indicate that most decisions would be made toward the end of the month so it’s not exactly totally inconsistent messaging.

It also makes sense considering the extended application deadline was May 4 and some people still haven’t even interviewed. It is frustrating to wait for those of us who applied earlier though and were expecting 2 weeks given past years rolling admissions timing but this is a different situation this year so what can you do but wait :/

Anyone have insight on how competitive the evening Vs weekend applicants will be? I suspect applications were up overall but I’m guessing substantially so for the weekend program?

Yeah I would highly recommend to call them and get some information for further validation. I dont think their narrative should change that much. Also if they are still scheduling interviews (one person indicated for an interview date of May 20th) for candidates who have applied , I dont see any reason as to why they would announce the results before everyone is interviewed.(Their claim of rolling admissions has gone out of the window by now- assumption made here)
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q165 V153
GPA: 3.51
WE: Design (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 09:00
akshay001 wrote:
rallycap wrote:

Unless there is very valid improvement in two months, it would be very difficult to write a convincing reapplication essay.

My biggest worry is if they reject you just based on your profile when one has not submitted the GRE/GMAT scores, it to a certain level means just submitting high test score would not work to the candidate's advantage(until and unless they specifically say they would want to see the test scores - which is highly unlikely) Then the onus will be on the candidate to show improvement in his or her story and career. This would make it really hard to go back and apply for the immediate next quarters. Even after a year, to show significant improvement makes it hard. I remember the adcoms saying that they would ideally wait for 6 months for a reapplication as it would give enough time for the candidate to show improvements , again this seemed like an advisory.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 09:50
susukivasanth wrote:
akshay001 wrote:
rallycap wrote:

My biggest worry is if they reject you just based on your profile when one has not submitted the GRE/GMAT scores, it to a certain level means just submitting high test score would not work to the candidate's advantage(until and unless they specifically say they would want to see the test scores - which is highly unlikely) Then the onus will be on the candidate to show improvement in his or her story and career. This would make it really hard to go back and apply for the immediate next quarters. Even after a year, to show significant improvement makes it hard. I remember the adcoms saying that they would ideally wait for 6 months for a reapplication as it would give enough time for the candidate to show improvements , again this seemed like an advisory.

Just my assumption here: 700 valid GMAT + 3.0 GPA = 700 old expired GMAT + 3.4 GPA = no GMAT + 3.7 GPA, that's from academic side, of course other factors matter as well, recommendation letters about your work are the most important after your score, then followed by essays, interviews...
Manager
Manager
B
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 10:58
It is probably not as simple as GPA+GMAT/GRE. What about people who say have their CFA or some other rigorous professional credentials that demonstrates they could do well on a standardized test if they study for it? And as you already noted, recommendations, work experience and responsibilities, career progression, etc all of that matters significantly.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 11:12
Has anyone called about the May 29th info? I don’t want to call again lol.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 12:24
Just wondering if anyone here is looking for career change like consulting through this program? I read from a thread somewhere that Bain did info session exclusively for Kellogg PT students. If the chance for MBB is looming, how about T2 consulting firms?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 13:19
Wow I am shocked by how quickly the interview slots were filled, it was pretty empty when I received the email last night, now it is all booked for next 7 days. Given that there are 8 slots per day, there should be more than 100 last-minute applications.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 14:31
Joey0502 wrote:
Wow I am shocked by how quickly the interview slots were filled, it was pretty empty when I received the email last night, now it is all booked for next 7 days. Given that there are 8 slots per day, there should be more than 100 last-minute applications.

Wow, that's crazy. Sounds like there will be a good number of dings if the class size actually stays around 70.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 14:39
Joey0502 wrote:

Wow that is insane :lol: . The more information I read the more I feel stupid about applying to the summer quarter. Let's see when I get a thank you email. lol
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 14:49
Joey0502 wrote:

Does anyone know what the typical class size is for both the weekend and evening MBA?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 14:54
akshay001 wrote:
Joey0502 wrote:

Wow that is insane :lol: . The more information I read the more I feel stupid about applying to the summer quarter. Let's see when I get a thank you email. lol

I needed this laugh... 😂😂😂

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 15:12
akshay001 wrote:
Joey0502 wrote:

Umm.. seriously. Same. Lol also literally laughed out loud on this comment.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2020, 04:01
I guess Kellogg FT R3 results are coming out at 10. was reading comments on another forum. Do we have any chance of getting an update as well?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2020, 06:13
Someone else could call to confirm the May 29th information. That would answer this question rather than speculating. My guess is that most part time applicants will not be hearing news today with the full time students, but maybe some will who applied much earlier. Really anyone’s guess. Someone should call.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 13 May 2020, 06:13

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  45    Next  [ 885 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Priyanka1293, Lekoben, Padfoot