GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 10:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 4
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 09:36
susukivasanth wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
I was told they’d release most of the decisions towards the end of the month, and some during the month of May. But they actually told you all of them will be on May 29th?

Posted from my mobile device

Yes they did tell me that it would be specifically on May 29th. I also asked them that initially in the Information session they had indicated that everyone would get a result by May 22nd (also decision for this summer quarter would be on a rolling basis) and that's when she said - Due to the unprecedented application volume, that they have taken this decision.

Well, if that is true I should get back to studying GMAT :lol:
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 09:37
Well that’s pretty frustrating. That’s quite a while to wait for people who applied in early/mid April, although technically within the 2-6 weeks time frame. Just doesn’t give people a ton of time if it’s their first choice and get denied. Also wishing I’d have just stuck to the original plan of applying for Fall rather than applying early without gmat/gre.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 09:42
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
Well that’s pretty frustrating. That’s quite a while to wait for people who applied in early/mid April, although technically within the 2-6 weeks time frame. Just doesn’t give people a ton of time if it’s their first choice and get denied. Also wishing I’d have just stuck to the original plan of applying for Fall rather than applying early without gmat/gre.

I agree. That was my original plan as well. but my GMAT is rescheduled to mid-July so it would have been impossible to apply for Fall '20. Will start prep for Spring '21 for Booth and Kellogg.
Also, it is very frustrating. I would not have applied if it were not a rolling decision.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q165 V153
GPA: 3.51
WE: Design (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 09:45
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:

I think this was expected as they opened up the flood gates by waiving the GMAT/GRE. I am sure they are short of personnel from what I heard last, the person who contacted me initially said she was loaned from the FT program to help the PT program application volume. I also saw somebody update that they got an interview waiver. So all of these just indicate they are overwhelmed by the response. Worst part is re application will become a pain in the neck now as you have to show substantial improvement in your application (which is impossible if you had put your best foot forward for this round). I think it is time for me to start looking at other options :(
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 09:47
Has anyone had Kellogg appear in their search results on LinkedIn? I would suggest you update your LinkedIn if you have not already. The Kellogg admissions committee recently reviewed my LinkedIn profile.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 09:48
I can’t imagine they’ll admit people they didn’t interview. More likely an “interview waiver” really means they’ve pre screened - unless the person is really stellar on paper.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 09:55
MBA1216 wrote:
Has anyone had Kellogg appear in their search results on LinkedIn? I would suggest you update your LinkedIn if you have not already. The Kellogg admissions committee recently reviewed my LinkedIn profile.

I have been keeping an eye on this but haven seen any. Probably that could be one of the indication that you are being considered!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 10:00
susukivasanth wrote:
MBA1216 wrote:

I have been keeping an eye on this but haven seen any. Probably that could be one of the indication that you are being considered!

This is totally contingent on the person who opens up your LinkedIn profile. If they have their settings so no one can see whose profile they’re looking at, then you’d never know they looked at it.

Definitely a positive sign they looked at your LinkedIn but also don’t think it’s meaningful if someone from Kellogg doesn’t show up on your LinkedIn. Someone could also simply not need to google you or just see your profile on a company website too to review your app.

Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 10:02
susukivasanth wrote:
MBA1216 wrote:

That would be awesome! Kellogg is my top choice and only choice.

Worst case scenario, at least I can say that Kellogg reviewed my LinkedIn profile. I took a screenshot and will save it forever! :lol:
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 10:04
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
susukivasanth wrote:
MBA1216 wrote:

This is totally contingent on the person who opens up your LinkedIn profile. If they have their settings so no one can see whose profile they’re looking at, then you’d never know they looked at it.

Definitely a positive sign they looked at your LinkedIn but also don’t think it’s meaningful if someone from Kellogg doesn’t show up on your LinkedIn. Someone could also simply not need to google you or just see your profile on a company website too to review your app.

100% Agreed. I was just curious whether anyone else had a similar encounter.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 10:14
MBA1216 wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
susukivasanth wrote:
MBA1216 wrote:

100% Agreed. I was just curious whether anyone else had a similar encounter.

I just reactivated premium to see who have visited my profile but I cant see anybody from Kellogg. Also it might be a private account, so yeah hard to figure out anything. I think the only thing is to wait for May 29th now.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 10:18
Did you guys attend Kellogg preview day in Feb or any other class visits in past?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 10:20
Also, I am applying for the Weekend program. Which I guess would have more applications than the evening one right?
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.33

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 10:36
Thanks for the update on timeline. That is a long time :( I started writing essays for my two other school choices last weekend because I am not very hopeful. I am going back to studying for the GMAT this weekend. Message me if you'd like a weekend study buddy.

susukivasanth wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
I was told they’d release most of the decisions towards the end of the month, and some during the month of May. But they actually told you all of them will be on May 29th?

Yes they did tell me that it would be specifically on May 29th. I also asked them that initially in the Information session they had indicated that everyone would get a result by May 22nd (also decision for this summer quarter would be on a rolling basis) and that's when she said - Due to the unprecedented application volume, that they have taken this decision.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 11:01
ChicagoPTMBA wrote:
I submitted my app on May 1st (for Summer Quater) but didn't see any option to schedule the interview, still waiting to hear back.

Did you hear back from the admissions team? I submitted my application on May 3rd and am yet to hear back for the interview.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 11:09
akshay001 wrote:
Did you guys attend Kellogg preview day in Feb or any other class visits in past?

Yes, I attended the Preview Day and interviewed during Preview Day.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 12:11
akshay001 wrote:

Yes I did attend that and also attended 2 classes in November.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 12:12
bernstein29 wrote:
Thanks for the update on timeline. That is a long time :( I started writing essays for my two other school choices last weekend because I am not very hopeful. I am going back to studying for the GMAT this weekend. Message me if you'd like a weekend study buddy.

susukivasanth wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:

I am doing the same thing here. This looks bleak.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 12:14
akshay001 wrote:
Also, I am applying for the Weekend program. Which I guess would have more applications than the evening one right?

No idea about which program receives more applications. I am applying for the weekend program too. I dont think they differentiate much between Evening and Weekend Classes. Except you need to have completed 2 quarters before moving from weekend to evening and vice versa.
Manager
Manager
B
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 14:21
I thought you could still take courses on the weekends even if you’re technically evening? Maybe I am wrong about that.

It might be a bit diff for people who are “local” versus those that have to travel anyway since more local people can take the evening classes during the week rather than everyone trying to sign up for the weekend sections.

GMAT Club Bot
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 11 May 2020, 14:21

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  44    Next  [ 879 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, Padfoot, Priyanka1293