GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 23:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2020, 07:06
I interviewed ~3 weeks ago (submitted app ~3-4 weeks ago) for summer quarter. I was told all decisions would be made by end of May. So it could be another few weeks even.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2020, 07:29
I applied near the original deadline in April and heard back in two weeks. I suspect you will all hear back very soon since there is a Q&A on May 26th and class registration starts on June 3rd for new admits.

Edit: All applicants get interviews. You should be able to set up your interviews on the application page near the checklist.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q150 V150
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2020, 07:43
Any insights on the interviews? Will be helpful for others.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2020, 07:48
Can someone take the evening mba in full-time mode, especially if that person doesn't need f1 visa.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 4
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2020, 07:49
I have not heard my final decision yet, so not sure if my advice would be helpful but it was a very typical interview. no surprises.

Some of the questions:
1. Walk me through Resume
2. Why MBA? Why Now? Why Kellogg?
3. Career goals?
4. Leadership style
5. What extracurricular activities and clubs are you interested in?

It was a very nice conversation instead of an interview in my opinion.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2020, 09:01
Whatthe117 wrote:
I applied near the original deadline in April and heard back in two weeks. I suspect you will all hear back very soon since there is a Q&A on May 26th and class registration starts on June 3rd for new admits.

Edit: All applicants get interviews. You should be able to set up your interviews on the application page near the checklist.

Yea I know a couple other people on the other forums who applied around the same time as me also haven’t heard back.

Whatthe117 When was the original deadline? Like when did you submit app and interview? I’ve also heard the typical turn around for part time is two weeks. From these forums it does look like 1-2 weeks too so definitely getting anxious now at 3 weeks but at least I’m not the only one...

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2020, 09:37
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
Whatthe117 wrote:

Yea I know a couple other people on the other forums who applied around the same time as me also haven’t heard back.

Whatthe117 When was the original deadline? Like when did you submit app and interview? I’ve also heard the typical turn around for part time is two weeks. From these forums it does look like 1-2 weeks too so definitely getting anxious now at 3 weeks but at least I’m not the only one...

Is it typical two weeks after the interview or since submitting the application?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2020, 09:39
It seems like 2 weeks after interview based on these forums. But seems to be taking longer for the summer quarter this year for people who applied for the extended deadline. Admissions said it can take 2-6 weeks though. Just basing the 2 weeks off what others have posted.

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2020, 10:14
ashrock wrote:
Me too Alpha. Anyone can provide tips on the interview. I heard interview is part of application process and every submission will be invited for one.

ashrock

Check the following link for Interview experiences. I see at least two interview debriefs for Evening/weekend MBA. Good luck.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/ ... brief.html
B

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2020, 07:08
Anyone else for the EWMBA get this email? Do we think it’s an invitation to announce admissions? I think full time students got some webinar invite for the last round to announce they were admitted but no idea what that invite actually looked like.

“ You're Invited To Join Kellogg Professor Leigh Thompson” it’s on May 17th

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2020, 07:27
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
Anyone else for the EWMBA get this email? Do we think it’s an invitation to announce admissions? I think full time students got some webinar invite for the last round to announce they were admitted but no idea what that invite actually looked like.

“ You're Invited To Join Kellogg Professor Leigh Thompson” it’s on May 17th

Yea, I got that email. I was wondering about the same but not sure if it is a generic invite for everyone on the email list.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2020, 07:28
Yea it mostly looks like a generic email. But then I’d be curious to know what the email looked like when the full time students got their invite. Can’t imagine it could be super obvious that it’s about admissions but then having an email like this about a professor seems a bit too cryptic lol.

Manager
Manager
B
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2020, 07:32
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
Yea it mostly looks like a generic email. But then I’d be curious to know what the email looked like when the full time students got their invite. Can’t imagine it could be super obvious that it’s about admissions but then having an email like this about a professor seems a bit too cryptic lol.

It is a generic email, even I received. It is most likely about some lecture on how to lead virtual teams amidst the COVID-19 situation. Better not read between the lines, lol.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q150 V150
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2020, 07:33
It probably is them introducing the prospective applicants to their culture and show how they engage in non-coursework activities for students. Doesn’t think it would determine any eligibility for anything. Not sure if they would define eligibility without speaking to the candidate first. Just my thoughts.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2020, 07:40
I agree, just being hopeful (and delusional)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2020, 07:56
It is nothing more than an event invitation: "Professor Leigh Thompson on the New Art of Virtual Collaboration". I got the same email also this morning.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2020, 14:13
I submitted my application on the 29th and received an email today saying that my interview was being waived due to covid-19.

Anyone else receive the same email? I saw some references that this was a bad sign, but that was for the full time program.

I think it's hard to tell if this is a good or bad thing given the current environment and the limited capacity to conduct interviews in such a short time period.
Manager
Manager
B
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2020, 14:29
bugm2020 wrote:
I submitted my application on the 29th and received an email today saying that my interview was being waived due to covid-19.

Anyone else receive the same email? I saw some references that this was a bad sign, but that was for the full time program.

I think it's hard to tell if this is a good or bad thing given the current environment and the limited capacity to conduct interviews in such a short time period.

What is your profile? Did you take your GMAT?

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2020, 14:41
My interview was over Skype. I almost find it hard to believe that it is more challenging now to conduct interviews since they can be done from the convenience of your own home or office. Maybe I am missing something..? Perhaps just fewer volunteers to conduct interviews..? Not sure. Or maybe just that deadlines have been extended so shortens the time frame to review applications and conduct interviews before classes start generally..? This seems the most likely explanation.

I wouldn’t perceive it as any kind of sign though. There’s also no incentive to not interview people if they could since it’s in their best interest too to speak with who they’re admitting before they’re attending...

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2020, 05:38
For those who applied to the Summer 2020 Session without a GMAT score, does the application portal still display the “Awaiting GMAT Score” Indicator?

GMAT Club Bot
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 09 May 2020, 05:38

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  45    Next  [ 885 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Priyanka1293, Lekoben, Padfoot