GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 17:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 18:44
arifpcc wrote:
MBA0502 wrote:
Seriously, I am getting back to study GMAT now.

Me too. Time to get back to business :)

Posted from my mobile device

We will know by Friday if we need to study for school or for gmat. :)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 18:49
arifpcc wrote:
MBA0502 wrote:

I like Kellogg but Booth has deadline of July 1st. Taking GMAT in mid-June will make you on-time.
Manager
Manager
B
Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 18:53
vp40 wrote:
Whatthe117 wrote:
vp40 wrote:
raceya2002 wrote:
So if Kellogg has made the final admission decisions and has made all the acceptance calls (or will make the final ones tomorrow), why not inform those who were decline now? Why make people wait? What's the thought process?

We don’t know if they have made all calls yet. I think there are about ~160 admits each quarter so we can’t assume that all calls are done. We just have to wait and see.. I know it’s tough but I’m in the same boat.

Wow, where did you see 160? I was under the impression cohort size was between 70-100. Are there really 60-90 people/quarter not accepting their acceptance? That seems kinda high.

Also, there was a QA session today for students admitted before this week. They said it’s gonna be bigger cohort but they don’t have a definite number.

There are 70 -80 for the weekday and 70-80 for the weekend which makes it around 160.

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-sc ... e-rankings

This says that there are 785 enrolled. If you break it into quarters it roughly comes to 196 ( weekend + weekday) . I’m guessing conservatively that each quarter there will be about 160 students.

Maybe this year is different. Just being positive

Wouldn’t this be 785 enrolled total? So people take 2-3 years to finish the program. Let’s assume 10 quarters of enrollment then. That would mean any given quarter has about 80 students allocated to it (expected to graduate essentially)... as students graduate they admit new ones at roughly the same rate (or more depending on the quarter where there is usually more applicants, such as Fall, or an unusual year like this one).

785/4 is not how many they’d admit in a single quarter because there are 4 quarters per year (of which students could be admitted to any) and then students take more than 1 year to finish the program.

Let’s assume 100 for this quarter (evening + weekend combined) at the top end (since some applied early who would have just applied for Fall). It would probably still make sense they admit 150 because they expect some not to attend - some may be accepted to other top part time programs in their area (Booth is in Chicago too plus programs close to wherever other students living elsewhere might live or easier to travel to compared to Chicago).
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 19:04
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
vp40 wrote:
Whatthe117 wrote:
vp40 wrote:
raceya2002 wrote:
So if Kellogg has made the final admission decisions and has made all the acceptance calls (or will make the final ones tomorrow), why not inform those who were decline now? Why make people wait? What's the thought process?

We don’t know if they have made all calls yet. I think there are about ~160 admits each quarter so we can’t assume that all calls are done. We just have to wait and see.. I know it’s tough but I’m in the same boat.

Wow, where did you see 160? I was under the impression cohort size was between 70-100. Are there really 60-90 people/quarter not accepting their acceptance? That seems kinda high.

Also, there was a QA session today for students admitted before this week. They said it’s gonna be bigger cohort but they don’t have a definite number.

There are 70 -80 for the weekday and 70-80 for the weekend which makes it around 160.

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-sc ... e-rankings

This says that there are 785 enrolled. If you break it into quarters it roughly comes to 196 ( weekend + weekday) . I’m guessing conservatively that each quarter there will be about 160 students.

Maybe this year is different. Just being positive

Wouldn’t this be 785 enrolled total? So people take 2-3 years to finish the program. Let’s assume 10 quarters of enrollment then. That would mean any given quarter has about 80 students allocated to it (expected to graduate essentially)... as students graduate they admit new ones at roughly the same rate (or more depending on the quarter where there is usually more applicants, such as Fall, or an unusual year like this one).

785/4 is not how many they’d admit in a single quarter because there are 4 quarters per year (of which students could be admitted to any) and then students take more than 1 year to finish the program.

Let’s assume 100 for this quarter (evening + weekend combined) at the top end (since some applied early who would have just applied for Fall). It would probably still make sense they admit 150 because they expect some not to attend - some may be accepted to other top part time programs in their area (Booth is in Chicago too plus programs close to wherever other students living elsewhere might live or easier to travel to compared to Chicago).

A friend of mine who got into the program in Spring quarter this year mentioned that there were 80 students in his cohort - evening and weekend combined
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 19:17
Yea I mean, let’s say 80 actually end up attending. I’m guessing at least half of those are evening students in the Chicago area, at least. So that’s 40. You’d probably need to admit close to 80 in the Chicago area assuming that almost all of the students applying to Kellogg also applied to Booth, which has a larger part time program, since you’d expect basically 50/50 chance they get admitted to both but then attend the other school (probably less than that but being conservative here). I’d guess that most students from out of town live close to another school with a top part time MBA program (top 20 perhaps). So also roughly 50/50 chance they go with a school closer to home or just another one out of state that has an easier commute on the weekends. That would mean they’d probably admit twice as many as they expect to actually attend for any given quarter. But it’s prob closer to admitting about 30% more so it’s like 2/3 of those admitted actually end up attending.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 19:55
vp40 wrote:
arifpcc wrote:
MBA0502 wrote:

We will know by Friday if we need to study for school or for gmat. :)

Fall part time deadline June 10th also has the MBA waiver but I am not going for it.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 19:59
Well during the QA session, Kellogg said they increased the cohort size and they added a few sections to classes students take typically during their first quarter. Now, it looks like 3 sections of 65 instead of 2 sections of 65. Just speculation but if you take the 80 previously mentioned and assuming the same ratio (80:130), the summer cohort may be closer to 120. (120:195).

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 20:41
Loving your logic since I haven’t heard back on admission yet lol

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 06:02
It looked like yesterday there was only 1 admit for evening, possibly 2 counting the person who missed the call. But the majority were weekend. Do we think there will be more calls today? Do we think many of the evening admits haven’t been made yet?

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 06:08
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
It looked like yesterday there was only 1 admit for evening, possibly 2 counting the person who missed the call. But the majority were weekend. Do we think there will be more calls today? Do we think many of the evening admits haven’t been made yet?

I believe evening admit call day is today. In coming days waiting list for summer, and admits for Fall.
List of admits from this forum and tracker. Good luck to everyone!

chicagomba111 - 3.95
rakeshponnala -
akshay001 - 4
ssid22
kg100001 - 3.6
Maple530
ChicagoPTMBA1
M4A1224 (evening)
jenephur(evening)
MBAdogloverr - 3.6
private1 - 3.6, manufacturing, IL
private2 - 3.51, mutual funds
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 06:18
Still no check mark on my interview :(
I completed it on May 20th.

Anyone that interviewed on May 20th, 21st or 22nd on the same boat ?
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.33

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 06:47
I am applying for weekend, GMAT waiver, interviewed 05/18, seem like things are not looking good for me :(
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 06:47
jenephur wrote:
I applied 5/4/20. Did not submit a GMAT, but they were somehow able to pull my initial practice test I took in 2018 without me submitting a score to them in the system with my 5/4 application (I had honestly forgotten that I sent the scores there back in 2018, and was assuming my application would be submitted without a GMAT score). Interviewed on 5/13. Received a phone call today, but missed the call due to leading a meeting (womp womp). Called back once the meeting ended at 4:00 CST and left a voicemail for the caller.

They voicemail they left me said it was to discuss my application status. Call came from a 312 number (Google of the name of the caller pulled up someone from Northwestern per LinkedIn). I have my fingers crossed for some good news, but remaining practical that it could be to request more documentation for my application.

Edit 1: clarified what I meant about GMAT above. I took a test for my own practice in 2018, and must have added Kellogg as a school to receive scores.
Edit 2: I applied for the PT Evening program.

To follow up on this -- I received the call this morning, and was admitted to the evening program! Would love to connect with the rest of you that were accepted as well.

Best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear back for the rest of the week. I have my fingers crossed for you!!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 06:58
jenephur wrote:
jenephur wrote:
I applied 5/4/20. Did not submit a GMAT, but they were somehow able to pull my initial practice test I took in 2018 without me submitting a score to them in the system with my 5/4 application (I had honestly forgotten that I sent the scores there back in 2018, and was assuming my application would be submitted without a GMAT score). Interviewed on 5/13. Received a phone call today, but missed the call due to leading a meeting (womp womp). Called back once the meeting ended at 4:00 CST and left a voicemail for the caller.

They voicemail they left me said it was to discuss my application status. Call came from a 312 number (Google of the name of the caller pulled up someone from Northwestern per LinkedIn). I have my fingers crossed for some good news, but remaining practical that it could be to request more documentation for my application.

Edit 1: clarified what I meant about GMAT above. I took a test for my own practice in 2018, and must have added Kellogg as a school to receive scores.

To follow up on this -- I received the call this morning, and was admitted to the evening program! Would love to connect with the rest of you that were accepted as well.

Best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear back for the rest of the week. I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Congrats!!!! That's awesome.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 07:00
Congratulations to everyone who have got admitted to the program! Fingers crossed for the rest 😊

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 07:12
jenephur wrote:
jenephur wrote:

Congrats!! When did you interview
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 07:13
Congrats to everyone admitted! Excited for you guys.

I have yet to receive an interview or a waiver. Can’t imagine that bodes well for me but still holding out some hope.

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.54

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 07:15
For those who were admitted, are you in or out of state?

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 07:17
jenephur wrote:
jenephur wrote:

Congratulations and good luck!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 07:20
Out of curiosity, my "status" says "Submitted" in the "Application Management" portal. Does it ever change to "In Review" or does it stay at "Submitted" until the decisions are released?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 27 May 2020, 07:20

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  45    Next  [ 884 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, Padfoot, Priyanka1293