It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 04:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

Schools: Fuqua '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2009, 15:29
Alumni Interview invite today! unless Haas pulls some bizarre deferral, I'll have all my interviewing done by the end of the month. Which is fine by me, ill take impending-decision uncertainty over impending-interview uncertainty any day of the week at this point.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2009, 16:04
mbsappy8 wrote:
My wife and I are heading up to Chicago Thursday evening to try and plead my case with admission as to why I should be admitted off the waitlist on Friday. They said that I couldn't set up a formal meeting but that I should stop by in the morning when they are the least busy. They also suggested signing up to have lunch with a current student. Any other suggestions on what I should take in while we're there? I'm going to hand deliver a letter addressing some of the weakpoints of my application that may have kept me from admission and summarize why I want to go to Kellogg so badly. Any other suggestions on what I should try and accomplish in the brief time I'll have with admissions?

Thanks for the feedback

If you get there bright and early, I believe they are in by 8am then you might get more time. If you havent visited I suggest sitting in on a class and its late in the day but TG this week is Chinese New Year TG so it should be entertaining. Unfortunately I am swamped with meetings and phone calls Friday but there are a lot of people kicking around. Dont be afraid to just approach people as long as they dont look like they are doing something important.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Schools: Yale SOM '11

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2009, 16:18
mbsappy8 wrote:
My wife and I are heading up to Chicago Thursday evening to try and plead my case with admission as to why I should be admitted off the waitlist on Friday. They said that I couldn't set up a formal meeting but that I should stop by in the morning when they are the least busy. They also suggested signing up to have lunch with a current student. Any other suggestions on what I should take in while we're there? I'm going to hand deliver a letter addressing some of the weakpoints of my application that may have kept me from admission and summarize why I want to go to Kellogg so badly. Any other suggestions on what I should try and accomplish in the brief time I'll have with admissions?

Thanks for the feedback

Did you call admissions to discuss your app? Did they offer any feedback? I am planning to visit as well sometime in Feb, but I want to call this week if they provide feedback on weaknesses.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2009, 15:07
Add me to the wait list for Fall '09. I found out about my wait list status like most others on 1/7. Anxiously waiting.

Last edited by gps80 on 25 Jan 2009, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross, Kellogg, Johnson

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2009, 21:06
bostonsparky wrote:
Alumni Interview invite today! unless Haas pulls some bizarre deferral, I'll have all my interviewing done by the end of the month. Which is fine by me, ill take impending-decision uncertainty over impending-interview uncertainty any day of the week at this point.

Don't understand this...don't you initiate interviews at Kellogg?

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 245 [0], given: 17

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2009, 04:08
rscricket wrote:
bostonsparky wrote:

For on-campus, you contact the admissions office to schedule an interview after submitting part 1 of the application. For off-campus, you check the off-campus box on part 1 and wait for them to contact you. Some applicants are given an interview waiver, so 100% of applicants don't actually interview.

Current Student

Schools: Fuqua '11

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2009, 11:06
NJMike wrote:
rscricket wrote:
bostonsparky wrote:

For on-campus, you contact the admissions office to schedule an interview after submitting part 1 of the application. For off-campus, you check the off-campus box on part 1 and wait for them to contact you. Some applicants are given an interview waiver, so 100% of applicants don't actually interview.

Whoops yeah forgot to mention that, I'm an ex-pat living abroad so I had to request an off-campus interview, they emailed me with a dude's name / contact info, I didn't select from a list like one does for some other schools. Doing mine tomorrow at a coffee shop, originally I was thinking suitjacket/no tie but now I think I am just going with a collared shirt and slacks.

Current Student

Schools: Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2009, 14:35
Add me as an applicant for Round 2. On campus interview in Feb.

Intern
Intern

Schools: Wharton (Admit), Kellogg JD/MBA (Admit), Booth (WL), Stanford (Ding)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2009, 14:40
Please add me to R2 as well.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2009, 14:55
Any idea when we can realistically start hearing about decisions? In R1 it seems like people started hearing decisions from 12/3 all the way through to 1/7. I guess I am a little surprised that even dings go out so far before the deadline. Is Kellogg a somewhat rolling admissions process? I didnt think it was but clearly, there is an advantage to be admitted while others files are still being read.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2009, 15:21
Don't know if this was already mentioned, but based on last years timeline. 2/20 might be the day they start announcing.

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern

Schools: Kellogg, HBS, Stern, Ross

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2009, 02:49
Adding myself to the list of R2 applicants this year. and yes, the wait is killing! Its been 5 weeks since I submitted my Part 1! And re-reading my submitted essays was not a reassuring experience :x BTW, anyone know exactly how much a Kellogg-alumni reco is really worth?!

Cheers!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2009, 06:40
I thought I was the only one who felt that my Part 1 was not good enough.
I am an applicant from Bangalore, India and haven't heard anything since December 20, when i submitted Part 1.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2009, 06:57
@woncosmo
oh, there's more of us then! BTW, what is your profile? Just trying to ascertain more similarities here!
I am Indian/F/740/2+years of work-ex in consulting

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2009, 07:02
@preeyah

- India/Male/IT
- 6 Years workex

Last edited by woncosmo on 17 Feb 2009, 09:36, edited 2 times in total.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2009, 07:19
cool! good luck with the apps!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2009, 08:34
so if you had your interview early (before submiting part 2), then you'll probably hear early?

VP
VP

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2009, 10:42
Not necessarily since applications are reviewed in a random order. But since they're not added to the pile for review until the interview is complete you have a better chance of hearing early than someone who does their interview close to the deadline.

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 762 [1], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2009, 16:13
This post received
KUDOS
Kellogg published their full report for 2008...best career report you will find anywhere.

http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/career_employer/employment/2008/Kellogg_Employment_Report_2008.pdf

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Kudos [?]: 762 [1], given: 5

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 746 [0], given: 548

Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2009, 17:08
riverripper wrote:
Kellogg published their full report for 2008...best career report you will find anywhere.

http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/career_employer/employment/2008/Kellogg_Employment_Report_2008.pdf

No kidding. That is the most impressive and detail oriented report I've seen....

P.S. - NJMike is a lucky dude....

Kudos [?]: 746 [0], given: 548

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 27 Jan 2009, 17:08

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  91   92   93   94   95  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap