GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Aug 2019, 11:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants!

post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Schools: Stern '13
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2010, 18:58
RFMBA2 wrote:
How quickly to people usually hear back for an interview after submitting Part 1? My question being, the Part 1 deadline for Round 2 is December 15, but if I were to submit now, is it possible to have the interview even before the deadline? Thanks in advance.

I submitted my Part 1 in October for Rd 2. I heard back two weeks ago, and have my interview scheduled for this week, well ahead of the January deadline.

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2010, 19:52
sharksr1 wrote:
It could be....I applied and haven't gotten any communications!! :-(

Dont worry. I am sure its a glitch. The same thing happened with Insead. A week before their interview decision, some folks got a mass email from the Dean talking about Insead Alumni and Campus events. After some discussions on gmatclub, we confirmed that the email was sent out to only folks who had signed up for the weekly Insead Knowledge newsletter. It had nothing to do with admission/interview decisions.

I would say the email sent out by Kellogg today is similar in nature.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2013
WE 1: 5 year in Energy

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 00:33
stormbringer wrote:
Hi

Just had my telephonic interview with Kellogg (after it was waived in October). It was 30 mins long, all questions covered in a very transactional manner. The lady was not warm but not unfriendly either. Though I tried to strike the balance between team player and leader in my answers, I suspect I painted myself out to be more a leader. I hope that doesn't hurt my chances. My question is - what does a last minute phone interview usually mean? Someone I know told me that if they call you at this point, it's probably because they're very keen and just want to be certain that you speak well and are the person represented in your written application; apparently it's not so much of a selection tool. I'd really appreciate any info and thoughts on this issue! Also, what sort of conversion rate is there between interviewed candidates and accepted candidates at Kellogg?

Thanks!

Stormbringer, I was in the same situation last year after R1. Got a late interview invite just few days before the deadline after an initial interview waiver. I was thrilled to think that they do like my profile. Interview went reasonably okay, still can't think of anything that went terribly wrong but a week after I got waitlisted. Stayed in the waitlist till the end (roughly for 4 months) without getting accepted till the end. Applied this year again in R1 and keeping my fingers crossed. :|

So far all I have heard from them is how their alumni are so diverse, how their professors are making a mark in world etc. which almost always stops my heartbeat for a moment before I conclude that they are just mass mails sent to hundreds of applicants (probably to test their nerves and if they can survive to see the final result :shock: :evil: )
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 07:16
Guess those who haven't yet received a telephonic interview invite should say goodbye to Kellogg
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Heavy involvement with youth mentoring and related not-for-profits
Location: Australian applicant currently based in the Midwest, USA
Schools: Stanford GSB R1 (Accepted!!), Kellogg R1 (Accepted!!), HBS R1 (WL + R2 Accepted!!), MIT Sloan R1 (Application withdrawn)
WE 1: 3 years in a T3 Management Consulting firm

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 09:02
I've seen a report of a ding already... check http://iamalittlemorethanuseless.blogsp ... -ding.html

Has anyone else heard similar news (positive or negative)?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 09:11
kalty wrote:
I've seen a report of a ding already... check http://iamalittlemorethanuseless.blogsp ... -ding.html

Has anyone else heard similar news (positive or negative)?

That blog looks fishy and is a little vague. Maybe the author just did not an interview invite and assumed? It would be odd if someone got a ding while others were still receiving interview invites at the time.
Schools: Stern '13

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 14:44
So, in your opinion, what are some of the strengths of Kellogg? What makes it unique?

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 15:45
2011App wrote:
This is a more well known blog but I'm still a little suspicious. First of all, it was posted on Thanksgiving. Secondly, no word from anyone else on Kellogg decisions? It's unlikely that Kellogg admissions would interrupt their turkey dinner to send this one guy a ding....

ring ring
"Hello"
"-no the stuffing, Aunt Mary, not the mashed potatoes! Oh hi, this is Kellogg. You're rejected."
"What?"
"Happy Thanksgiving!"

No. Totally believable.

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 15:57
Count me in for R1.
I was motivated, then obsessed, now borderline insane...
Waiting for email is just not fun anymore! :cry:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 16:00
2011App wrote:
arindamcanada wrote:
uprightcitizen wrote:

That blog looks fishy and is a little vague. Maybe the author just did not an interview invite and assumed? It would be odd if someone got a ding while others were still receiving interview invites at the time.

Actually this guy is pretty popular on the beatthegmat forum. So I would buy in to what he calls his ding.

This is a more well known blog but I'm still a little suspicious. First of all, it was posted on Thanksgiving. Secondly, no word from anyone else on Kellogg decisions? It's unlikely that Kellogg admissions would interrupt their turkey dinner to send this one guy a ding....

If he actually had an encounter with the adcom, he would have mentioned how they reached out to him - its sounds more like someone giving up, than actually getting dinged. Judging from his writing and word choice, I suspect he is from India - likely, one of the people who got an interview waiver and never got converted.
Other MBA women: http://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-female-mba-applicants-84636.html
GMATClub interview practice groups: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmatclub-interview-groups-85902.html#p643929

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings
VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 18:21
I'd be pretty surprised if there were any decisions released last week, especially on Thanksgiving when the school administration was off for the holiday.

Also, I'm pretty sure for the past few years the first decisions to go out were acceptances, with dings starting a little later, so I'd imagine that pattern would continue.
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 19:25
I call BS on the guys ding unless he is applying for the PT or EMBA program which may have diffferent deadlines. They wouldnt send out dings right before the holiday and they wouldnt do it before sending out acceptances. They have said in the past that they hold off on dings during christmas so I wouldnt see a sudden change in their way of doing things.
Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 20:00
I just received my request for telephone interview today after initially receiving a waiver on 11/13 and have until 12/10 to complete it. Not out of the running yet!!!! =)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 20:06
Guess we are not going to hear anything until 10 Dec then...
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Professional Engineers (Ontario)
WE 1: Nuclear Consultant - 3+ years

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2010, 21:46
uprightcitizen wrote:
2011App wrote:

ring ring
"Hello"
"-no the stuffing, Aunt Mary, not the mashed potatoes! Oh hi, this is Kellogg. You're rejected."
"What?"
"Happy Thanksgiving!"

No. Totally believable.

ROFL. But I hope this doesn't happen to anyone.

You are right. I think he just made an assumption that he is dinged because his waiver did not get converted.
Schools: Ross

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2010, 05:51
fromshanghai wrote:
I just received my request for telephone interview today after initially receiving a waiver on 11/13 and have until 12/10 to complete it. Not out of the running yet!!!! =)

Congrats and good luck !
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 3Y IB
WE 2: 3Y Non-profit Healthcare

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2010, 06:41
missyork wrote:

What is Dec 10? Communication date is the 20th. If we don't start hearing back this week, my money is on Monday for the fun to begin. In the meantime, I'm going a little crazy. If Kellogg knew how often I checked my gmail and this site, they'd definitely reject me - Just kidding Kellogg if you're reading this (but seriously).
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2010, 07:05
2011App wrote:
missyork wrote:

What is Dec 10? Communication date is the 20th. If we don't start hearing back this week, my money is on Monday for the fun to begin. In the meantime, I'm going a little crazy. If Kellogg knew how often I checked my gmail and this site, they'd definitely reject me - Just kidding Kellogg if you're reading this (but seriously).

I'm also thinking/hoping that notifications will start on Monday b/c this wait is too excruciating!
Schools: Tuck, Ross, Sloan, Chicago, Kellogg & Darden
WE 1: Energy (Sales)
WE 2: Energy (Corporate Development)

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2010, 07:14
jowales wrote:
2011App wrote:
missyork wrote:

I'm also thinking/hoping that notifications will start on Monday b/c this wait is too excruciating!

Just wait till you begin to hear about admits... that´s going to be crazy!!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2010, 08:06
Just wait till you begin to hear about admits... that´s going to be crazy!![/quote]

I can only imagine...

So does Kellogg call everyone who gets admitted?? I'm in NYC so if I do, chances are it'll be by phone? That IS nerve wracking!
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants!   [#permalink] 02 Dec 2010, 08:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  30   31   32   33   34  ...  178    Next  [ 3560 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: jaja231