Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 12:49 It is currently 10 May 2024, 12:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Strategy,Finance,Marketing
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2013
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Sloan(WL), Johnson(Int-Waiting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
Heads up to all - in addition to the sektchy blog, I've just heard of another ding(sent by email). Not me, Thank Goodness, but a colleague of mine has indicated such - doesn't seem like a rare case, he's a typical candidate....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Send PM
Do you know if your colleague interviewed or was the interview waived?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Sloan(WL), Johnson(Int-Waiting)
Send PM
Waived
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Ross 2013
GPA: 3.85
WE 1: Pharmaceutical industry 5 years, C level
Send PM
Guys where can I find the name of the person that interviewed me?
Is there a list of admission commetee?

Or just lets rephrase this question - would it be impolite not to send a thank you letter to a person from the phone interview?
All I know is her name - though I am not sure I wrote it correctly.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: CMU (Tepper) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
I have searched high and low, but can anyone let me know what the recommendation questions are for Kellogg? I am torn between Kellogg and Booth for Round 2 and if I could make it easier for my recommenders that would be huge...

Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
vixer wrote:
I have searched high and low, but can anyone let me know what the recommendation questions are for Kellogg? I am torn between Kellogg and Booth for Round 2 and if I could make it easier for my recommenders that would be huge...

Thanks in advance.

1. Please comment on the candidate's career performance. Cite specific examples where possible. (e.g. ranking relative to others in the industry, overall progression within the organization, impact on organization)
2. Please evaluate the candidate's demonstrated leadership and leadership potential (e.g. ability to influence others, initiative, contribution beyond expected responsibilities )
3. What do you perceive to be the candidate's weaknesses? What efforts has he or she made to address these weaknesses?
4. What observations do you have about the candidate's interpersonal skills? (e.g. maturity, listening skills, team skills, sense of humor, respect for different viewpoints.)
5. Please comment on the candidate's intellectual ability (e.g. analytical and quantitative skills, communication skills, creativity, curiosity)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Schools:Foster, Sloan (WL w/int.), Kellogg, Anderson
Send PM
sharksr1 wrote:
Heads up to all - in addition to the sektchy blog, I've just heard of another ding(sent by email). Not me, Thank Goodness, but a colleague of mine has indicated such - doesn't seem like a rare case, he's a typical candidate....

:shock: Now I'm torn between checking my email inbox obsessively -- and avoiding it like the plague.
Bummer for your colleague. I wish adcom followed the pattern and sent all admits first... :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I'm surprised. Bad news first?

Looking at last year's forum in which the first admit started on MONDAY, I was expecting the decision rollout next week.

My rule of thumb:

e-mail = bad
phone = good
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Just submitted Part 1 of the app. In people's experiences, did they receive a letter confirming that it was received? I mean, it's only been about 10 minutes but was just curious...usually other schools send out an instant email.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: CMU (Tepper) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
jowales wrote:
vixer wrote:

Thanks in advance.

1. Please comment on the candidate's career performance. Cite specific examples where possible. (e.g. ranking relative to others in the industry, overall progression within the organization, impact on organization)
2. Please evaluate the candidate's demonstrated leadership and leadership potential (e.g. ability to influence others, initiative, contribution beyond expected responsibilities )
3. What do you perceive to be the candidate's weaknesses? What efforts has he or she made to address these weaknesses?
4. What observations do you have about the candidate's interpersonal skills? (e.g. maturity, listening skills, team skills, sense of humor, respect for different viewpoints.)
5. Please comment on the candidate's intellectual ability (e.g. analytical and quantitative skills, communication skills, creativity, curiosity)

Thank you very much :) +kudos
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
jowales wrote:
nick2010 wrote:
Just wait till you begin to hear about admits... that´s going to be crazy!!

I can only imagine...

So does Kellogg call everyone who gets admitted?? I'm in NYC so if I do, chances are it'll be by phone? That IS nerve wracking!

Generally all admitted students get a call from an admissions officer letting them know the good news. Sometimes time zones make that impossible, but if you're in NYC I'm pretty certain you'll get a call if you're admitted. Also, if people neurotically refresh the admissions decision page continually sometimes they see the admit decision before they get a call, but usually the call comes first before the decision page is updated.

Dings and waitlist get an email to check their status, though generally waitlists don't hear until closer to the decision date.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 3Y IB
WE 2: 3Y Non-profit Healthcare
Send PM
Jerz wrote:
jowales wrote:
nick2010 wrote:

I can only imagine...

So does Kellogg call everyone who gets admitted?? I'm in NYC so if I do, chances are it'll be by phone? That IS nerve wracking!

Generally all admitted students get a call from an admissions officer letting them know the good news. Sometimes time zones make that impossible, but if you're in NYC I'm pretty certain you'll get a call if you're admitted. Also, if people neurotically refresh the admissions decision page continually sometimes they see the admit decision before they get a call, but usually the call comes first before the decision page is updated.

Dings and waitlist get an email to check their status, though generally waitlists don't hear until closer to the decision date.

So you're telling me to neurotically and continually refresh my admissions decision page. Done
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Enterpreneurship, Finance
 Q51  V44
GPA: 7.51
WE 1: 5 year in Energy
Send PM
Jerz wrote:
jowales wrote:
nick2010 wrote:

I can only imagine...

Just now got a call from an "unknown" number. My heartbeat increased till I realized it was some telemarketing call !!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Just now got a call from an "unknown" number. My heartbeat increased till I realized it was some telemarketing call !![/quote]

And my heart just stopped as I read "Just now got a call..." LOL
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Guys, you have more than two weeks until decision time. Focus on something else, at least until 3-4 days before. Think of your application as non-existent until that point, it will genuinely help you retain sanity, and if by any chance you are wait-listed, it will cut down on the torture you will have to undergo thereafter. I waited for 7 months last year after being wait-listed 3 times at another school and I can tell you - the next two weeks don't matter from a application standpoint. Focus on something else and let the call be a pleasant surprise.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Ross(IN–full$)
 Q49  V44
WE 1: Investment Bank
WE 2: Company in NYC
Send PM
Kudos
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
Guys, you have more than two weeks until decision time. Focus on something else, at least until 3-4 days before. Think of your application as non-existent until that point, it will genuinely help you retain sanity, and if by any chance you are wait-listed, it will cut down on the torture you will have to undergo thereafter. I waited for 7 months last year after being wait-listed 3 times at another school and I can tell you - the next two weeks don't matter from a application standpoint. Focus on something else and let the call be a pleasant surprise.

ok ghandi
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
:)

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35  ...  179