It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 18:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Waitlisted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

How can GMAT Club help you in getting off the Waitlist?

• 12% [2]
  • 6% [1]
  • 31% [5]
  • 50% [8]
5 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 136 [5] , given: 753

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Kellogg Waitlisted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2014, 10:38
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
With many R1 waitlist decisions coming out yesterday, we can now use a waitlist thread for this year. Good luck to everyone!

Threads from years past:
2014: http://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-class-of-2016-calling-all-waitlist-applicants-164729.html
2013: http://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-2013-calling-all-waitlist-applicants-144466.html
2012: http://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-2012-calling-all-waitlist-applicants-124768.html

mbamyway wrote:
I had a very interesting conversation with my wait list manager. He asked me for more information about my career goals............................................................................................................................................
............................................He also said I should ping him two weeks before any upcoming deposit deadlines I have for other schools. I got the impression that they are going to stall as long as they can (to be able to review more applicants in the meantime, I assume) and then make a quick decision about my candidacy when they have to. He did not say this out loud, of course--I'm reading between the lines here...........Read the complete post here.

Roll Call

Kellogg MMM Waitlist

NOTE :- The above lists update automatically as and when applicants update their application Status. If your name does not appear in the lists, please check and update your application status or post in this thread.

Here is the Waitlist chat transcript from Feb 04, 2014 Chat with students from Booth, Johnson, and Yale

Attachment:
WL Chat Transcript dtd 04.02.2014.pdf

Here is a recording of the webinar:

Here is the PPT Jon used in his presentation

Attachment:
Admissionado_DLontheWL(2).pdf

Raves, rants and war stories of First Year MBA Students

Received an offer? Congrats! You might want to 'Negotiate the Offer'.

I'm happy to help if you wanna know about Ross & UMich, but please do not come to me with your GMAT issues or questions. And please add a bit of humor to your questions or you'll bore me to death.

Last edited by Narenn on 17 Jan 2015, 04:26, edited 3 times in total.
Changed to Sticky

Kudos [?]: 136 [5] , given: 753

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 136 [0], given: 753

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Waitlisted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2014, 10:38
The following extract is from Kellogg's website. http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/programs/full-time-mba/admissions/waitlist.aspx

Navigating the Waitlist

CAN I SPEAK WITH A MEMBER OF THE ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE?
We are not able to provide any specific feedback for candidates on our waitlist. If you would like to submit additional information, you will have the ability to upload an update(s) to your file; these updates will be reviewed by the committee on an ongoing basis. Should the Admissions Committee require further information from a specific applicant, a member of the Committee will reach out directly to that applicant.

CAN I SUBMIT AN UPDATE TO MY APPLICATION?
For many applicants we require no specific information, but general updates may be provided. Suitable information for an update includes job changes or promotions, new extracurricular involvement, an updated test score or changes in your personal situation that the Admissions Committee should be aware of. You will have the ability to upload an update(s) to your file; these updates will be reviewed by the committee on an ongoing basis.

HOW DO I PROVIDE UPDATES TO MY KELLOGG MBA APPLICATION FOR THE ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE?
We will accept updates that may have occurred since your application was submitted. To submit additional documentation to your application, please visit your Applicant Status Page where you will be able to upload a Word document, PDF or scanned image file. We review waitlist applications and updates on an ongoing basis and make rolling decisions. As such, we are not able to guarantee we will review all updates as decisions may be rendered before an update is submitted.

WHEN WILL I RECEIVE AN UPDATE REGARDING MY APPLICATION STATUS?
The Admissions Committee will be rendering decisions on a rolling basis between January and August. Applicants who are placed on the waitlist will be considered for admission in the subsequent round(s). Shortly after each decision deadline, a waitlist candidate can expect to hear from the committee with either a final admit/deny decision or an invitation to remain on our waitlist into the following round(s). At Kellogg we typically utilize the waitlist to assess the pool of candidates in the next round before making a final decision.

DO I NEED TO VISIT KELLOGG AND MEET SOMEONE IN THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE?
Visiting Kellogg will not factor into your candidacy, and Admissions Officers are not available to meet in person. We maintain this policy out of fairness to all applicants, as for many a visit to campus is not financially or logistically viable. With that said, you are always welcome to visit Kellogg as part of our regular on-campus visit program, which includes class visits, a Jacobs Center tour, and lunch with students. Please click here to learn more about these opportunities.

ARE THERE SPACES AVAILABLE, AND WHAT ARE MY CHANCES FOR ADMISSION?
We do anticipate admitting candidates from the waitlist. The applicant pool varies each year, and therefore we cannot predict exactly how many applicants will be offered admission or your specific chances of being offered a seat in the class. We do not provide historical data on either the numbers or percentages of applicants admitted off the waitlist in previous years.

IS THE WAITLIST RANKED?
Candidates on our waitlist are not ranked.

DOES KELLOGG RE-INTERVIEW CANDIDATES ON THE WAITLIST?
We do not re-interview waitlisted candidates.

MAY I SUBMIT ADDITIONAL LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION OR LETTERS OF SUPPORT?
We discourage the submission of additional letters of recommendation or references from third parties, as we prefer updates submitted directly from our candidates.

HOW DO I CONFIRM MY INTEREST IN THE WAITLIST?
Shortly after receiving your initial Kellogg waitlist decision communication, you will receive a second email from our offices asking you to complete a form confirming your interest in remaining on the Kellogg waitlist. All forms must be submitted by the date indicated in the follow-up email or you will be removed from consideration from the waitlist.

HOW DO I REMOVE MYSELF FROM THE WAITLIST?
We ask that you notify us immediately if you would like to be removed from our waitlist at mbaapplicant@kellogg.northwestern.edu.

I'm happy to help if you wanna know about Ross & UMich, but please do not come to me with your GMAT issues or questions. And please add a bit of humor to your questions or you'll bore me to death.

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Waitlisted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2014, 10:39
Reserved post.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 18

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2014, 10:45
I went through the Kellogg WL forums for last year and the year before. There was more movement in 2013 than 2014. That being said, I spoke with a friend who is a 2nd year at Kellogg who said that she knows quite a few people who made it off the wait list.

People can be very active with their WL manager or can send one comprehensive update, but essentially it's a waiting game.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 44

Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2014, 10:56
Here.

The Kellogg text is a bit confusing to me:

Quote:
The Admissions Committee will be rendering decisions on a rolling basis between January and August. Applicants who are placed on the waitlist will be considered for admission in the subsequent round(s). Shortly after each decision deadline, a waitlist candidate can expect to hear from the committee with either a final admit/deny decision or an invitation to remain on our waitlist into the following round(s).

Is it rolling admission or not?

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 228 [0], given: 158

Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2014, 11:35
I think they say it's rolling admission, but the reality is they are holding us in the queue to see what the next round applicants look like and/or who accepts their offer and puts down a deposit.

From last year it appears there was a few days where a lot of "decisions" or updates went out and they were in conjunction with later round decisions.

It also sounds like their WL managers are friendly and amicable. I look forward to talking with mine about my next steps.

My GMAT Journey: A surprising 730!

My Application experience: Low GPA Success!

Current Student

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2014, 11:41
forevertfc wrote:
Here.

The Kellogg text is a bit confusing to me:

Quote:
The Admissions Committee will be rendering decisions on a rolling basis between January and August. Applicants who are placed on the waitlist will be considered for admission in the subsequent round(s). Shortly after each decision deadline, a waitlist candidate can expect to hear from the committee with either a final admit/deny decision or an invitation to remain on our waitlist into the following round(s).

Is it rolling admission or not?

I know how much we all dislike theories at this point, but here is mine. People could be wait listed for a number of different reasons and be admitted at different times based on those reasons.

1. Application was just a bit off and needs clarification/correction (let's say your recommender didn't follow directions or submitted an incomplete recommendation) - clarification needs to be sent and they'll render a ding or admit upon receipt
2. Too many applicants with similar background, a spot needs to open up for you - wait for R1, R2, or R3 deposit deadlines
3. Borderline candidates - wait for R2 or R3 admit results

Just my theory to make some sense of the process.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.81
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2014, 12:11
add me in

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 13

GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V41
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2014, 16:28
Add me in too. Still breaking my head over what I could have done better... :(

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 13

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2014, 23:16
The text in the FAQ says do not contact the adcom directly and they wont be providing feedback. The link they say will just enable us to fill a form to say we want to be on the waitlist. Will we be assigned a WM this year?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 8

GRE 1: 1520 Q V
GPA: 3.72

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2014, 06:31
I'm with you guys, I really felt I had a strong application. Maybe it was that darn video essay...

I'll keep you guys updated on whether I get an email from them about my waitlist manager/any forms to fill out.

BSchool Forum Moderator

Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2014, 06:39
hanginthere wrote:
The text in the FAQ says do not contact the adcom directly and they wont be providing feedback. The link they say will just enable us to fill a form to say we want to be on the waitlist. Will we be assigned a WM this year?

Good point... IDK.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

My GMAT Journey: A surprising 730!

My Application experience: Low GPA Success!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 8

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V47
GPA: 3.52
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2014, 08:06
I was given a team in the time between submitting my app and now, so i'm hoping that increased responsibility will be enough to push me over the edge. Based on the FAQ though it doesn't seem like we will be assigned a Wait-List Manager.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.07

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2014, 08:36
Did anyone receive the email where they attach the form that confirms your desire to stay on the wait list? I have yet to receive that email.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2014, 08:57
chonenome wrote:
Did anyone receive the email where they attach the form that confirms your desire to stay on the wait list? I have yet to receive that email.

I haven't received it either.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2014, 07:42
Me neither.

Current Student

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V47
GPA: 3.52
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2014, 07:10
Anyone get the email?

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.07

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2014, 07:10
Seems like no one has.

Current Student

Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2014, 07:13
The email will come in January.

FWIW, I spoke to a friend of mine, who is at Harvard, over the weekend and he told me he had friends waitlisted at both Kellogg and Stanford in R1 last year, both of whom were admitted to both programs in R2.

Current Student

Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.81
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2014, 11:02
forevertfc wrote:
The email will come in January.

FWIW, I spoke to a friend of mine, who is at Harvard, over the weekend and he told me he had friends waitlisted at both Kellogg and Stanford in R1 last year, both of whom were admitted to both programs in R2.

Hopefully that's the case for some of us :)

Re: Calling all Kellogg Waitlisted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017)   [#permalink] 22 Dec 2014, 11:02

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17    Next  [ 332 posts ]