[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "273_school_count"
Calling all MBS Melbourne MBA Applicants: 2024 September Intake : Melbourne MBA - Page 2
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 02:09 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 02:09
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74327 [0]
Given Kudos: 20635
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Tuck School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GRE 1: Q166 V166
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Tuck School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GRE 1: Q166 V166
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all MBS Melbourne MBA Applicants: 2024 September Intake [#permalink]
Received an admit!

GMAT: 710
Scholarship: 10%
Work Experience: 5 Years
Industry: (2.5 Years experience in Core Engineering and 2.5 years' experience in SaaS Implementation)
Nationality: Indian
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 122
Send PM
Re: Calling all MBS Melbourne MBA Applicants: 2024 September Intake [#permalink]
Accepted an admit!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
nehakeswani16 wrote:
Accepted an admit!

Congrats, how much is your GMAT score and work exp.?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi all. I’m considering MBS and Australia for my MBA. Wanted to know, in terms of job market and potential to stay back post graduation, how is Australia? Because where I study, is where I wanna work fand hopefully eventually get a PR
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q90 V84 DI79
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
hello all, I applied in round 4 and got an interview call, can people who gave the interview give me some insights?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kanha.sodani97 wrote:
hello all, I applied in round 4 and got an interview call, can people who gave the interview give me some insights?

In my interview the questions revolved around :Why MBA? Why MBS MBA? and Post MBA goals.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kanha.sodani97 wrote:

Are you done with the interview? If so, what were the questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q90 V84 DI79
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Nothing specific Kane, just like Palak said, Why MBA, Why MBS and they talked about how difficult the Austrlian job market is.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kanha.sodani97 wrote:
Nothing specific Kane, just like Palak said, Why MBA, Why MBS and they talked about how difficult the Austrlian job market is.

Alright!

Thank You!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
theanalyzer13 wrote:
So my experience with MBS is as follows: During the interview they said that the placements in real bad shape and most of the work is to be done by student themselves. The market is bad and I was advised I need to be prepared for a 1 year struggle

I have been wondering about this for a while. I attended one of the open sessions by MBS. The feedback was long your line as well. They where very clear and firm on students needing to secure a job by themselves only. They stressed that it is crucial that students make their own connections and look for job openings through that. They also highlighted not to expect a great salary package just because you have MBA from one of the top universities.
While I very much appreciate their honesty and them being upfront, I am trying to understand then what exactly is value of their university and even that job market in Australia?

The only possible up-side I see is after graduating, a student can get a temporary work rights visa for up to 2 years. Which you probably can get via a different and the very least cheaper university.

I would really like to understand the value of doing an MBA with MBS at the fees they are charging, high cost of living with good potential of being without a job for 1 year or more after graduating. So if someone can be kind enough to share their views on PROs & CONs, I (and am sure others) would very much appreciate it!!

Pardon the typos. I was too fast to press enter :upsidedown
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello there! I am now focused on getting ready for the GMAT. I am mostly aiming for MBS.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Welcome!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ShreeyaV wrote:
I have been wondering about this for a while. I attended one of the open sessions by MBS. The feedback was long your line as well. They where very clear and firm on students needing to secure a job by themselves only. They stressed that it is crucial that students make their own connections and look for job openings through that. They also highlighted not to expect a great salary package just because you have MBA from one of the top universities.
While I very much appreciate their honesty and them being upfront, I am trying to understand then what exactly is value of their university and even that job market in Australia?

The only possible up-side I see is after graduating, a student can get a temporary work rights visa for up to 2 years. Which you probably can get via a different and the very least cheaper university.

I would really like to understand the value of doing an MBA with MBS at the fees they are charging, high cost of living with good potential of being without a job for 1 year or more after graduating. So if someone can be kind enough to share their views on PROs & CONs, I (and am sure others) would very much appreciate it!!

True, I felt as if they are discouraging applicants to even apply. But on the other hand, there are some really good profile applicants who have secured admit.

And they are going to attend haha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Calling all MBS Melbourne MBA Applicants: 2024 September Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi,
I had an interview last week. Does anyone know how long we should expect to wait to receive the LoA or final decision?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview with MBS a week ago, and it was okay, but not particularly impressive. The interviewer asked basic questions like why MBA, why specifically at MBS, why Australia? and there was also a discouraging tone regarding job prospects and settling post-graduation. It felt like they were trying to dissuade applicants rather than attract talented individuals, which you also guys have experienced. Something didn't quite sit right with me throughout the whole process.

The overall impression I got was that the school didn't come across as a top-ranked program, especially since it has been completely dropped from the Financial Times ranking. This is a major red flag.

I did double check with a few local grads just to confirm if this is acceptable for a school like MBS for any reason and how did they end up being so behind and dropped FT. I asked few alumni from the US about MBS, none of them had anything particularly positive to say about the school apart from its outstanding exchange program and collaboration with other "educational institutions". So there's a huge attention to academic but less for career and professional development (which is the whole point of an MBA I guess?). Post-MBA support seems minimal. In fact, MBS graduates were often finding themselves in roles below where they were before pursuing their MBA which is quite alarming.

Overall, I didn't get the positive and inspiring vibes that I experienced from US and European MBA programs where I applied. Again that's just my impression and how I felt after the online interview and speaking with a few local grads. I'd only consider MBS as a last option keeping in mind that the school doesn't have much weight in value outside Australia.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2