Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
skse42 wrote:
ByTorTheSnowDog wrote:
So...either I didn't receive a scholarship or the above referenced link is more geared toward current/enrolled students across all grad programs at UT than recently admitted MBA students. Has anyone received any additional information on scholarships? It's getting a tad bid frustrating with the Preview Weekend looming...

Nothing Yet for me, I am really curious to know

Agreed. If anybody got a scholarship this week, can you just let everybody know? I've read blogs that say McCombs takes a million years to give out the scholarships and I'm very very on edge about it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing
Send PM
I received a small scholarship via email on 4/2.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: Meet Your Admissions Officer: Dallas/Fort Worth

Texas MBA Senior Admissions Officer, Dave Jackson

Hi everyone. I’m the new MBA admissions officer for the Texas MBA at Dallas/Fort Worth, but I’m no stranger to the program. I graduated from the DFW program in 2010. The two years I spent in the program were a transformative experience for me, providing me with the broad business exposure to enhance my career in corporate communications. I was excited to return to the McCombs School of Business to help give similar opportunities to others. And I have spent my first month on the job immersing myself in the admissions cycle – recruiting prospective students at both university and company-sponsored events, reviewing applications and interviewing candidates – to shape the Class of 2017 here in DFW.

Several things have changed in the five years since I left the program. Most notably, the campus and the residency hotel are both different. The curriculum has undergone a significant review, with changes made to allow working professional students to graduate at the same time as our full-time MBA students. We have greatly expanded the MBA-Plus programs to broaden students’ skills outside the classroom.

But many things have not changed. The faculty is still top-notch, with many of the professors the same ones who taught me and the new ones of the same high caliber I remember. The curriculum challenges you to bring your best effort to each class and project, and provides you with information and inspiration to apply when you return to work on the Mondays after class weekends.

And the students continue to bring a blend of diverse work and academic backgrounds and a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit that enables everyone to maximize the value of their MBA experience. They seed the relationships that become their personal and professional network for many years to come. The Texas MBA is about what you put into the program, and in return you get much more than three letters.

As I get to know the Classes of 2015 and 2016 and as we build the Class of 2017, I’m confident the program’s most important component – its people – remains its best component. Getting to know them has been my greatest reward in returning to McCombs.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I received my scholarship information on 4/2 as well
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Have any other R3 applicants received interview invites? Seems like it has been pretty quiet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT Date: 03-03-2015
GRE 1: Q48 V46
GPA: 3.64
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kjohnson wrote:
Have any other R3 applicants received interview invites? Seems like it has been pretty quiet.

I just had my interview. Pretty low key. Basic review of your resume, asked about highlighting leadership examples, asked about a leadership weakness, short and long term goals, why an MBA, why UT specifically, and why are you applying in round 3. I think it went pretty well. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
did any wait-listed fellow hear anything from them?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V38
GPA: 2.64
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
I also interviewed earlier this week for Rd. 3. Good luck to all. Anxious to hearing back.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Send PM
Kjohnson wrote:

I also had my R3 interview last week.

My interview was also fairly low key. They asked me about teamwork. leadership, short-term/long-term goals, why MBA, why McCombs, etc.

Good luck all!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: Welcome New Full-Time Admitted Students & Congrats, Soon-to-be-Grads!

University-wide Commencement events and ceremonies are May 22-23, 2015

Graduation for our Texas MBA Class of 2015 is only one month away! The “home stretch” is always a bitter-sweet time for McCombs students, since they are such a valued and dynamic part of the Texas MBA, but also eager to jump into the new ventures their future holds. The program is changed for the better because of their time here and we are proud of their hard work and accomplishments over the past 2 years and the legacy they will continue as new Texas MBA alumni. Congratulations, Class of 2015!

This time of year also means we are welcoming the newest members of the Texas MBA network: The newly admitted Class of 2017!

Texas Saturday & Preview Weekend Recap

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Kjohnson wrote:

I had my round 3 interview last week. It was with a second year student. Very laid back. Why mba? Why ut? One good question was, what is your backup plan if finance doesn't work out? Still waiting to hear back. I imagine they make you wait pretty close to the deadline to hear ? Anyways, good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.52
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
jhite233 wrote:
Kjohnson wrote:

I had my round 3 interview last week. It was with a second year student. Very laid back. Why mba? Why ut? One good question was, what is your backup plan if finance doesn't work out? Still waiting to hear back. I imagine they make you wait pretty close to the deadline to hear ? Anyways, good luck everyone!

Congrats on the invite/interview! I'm still waiting to hear from McCombs (applied R3), which likely means an unfortunately outcome. As for when they let you know about acceptance, I believe it's normally a couple weeks before the deadline. But I also believe not everyone who is accepted gets this advance notice. Either way, good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anyone receive a decision for round 3 yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jhite233 wrote:

It doesn't look like anyone gets notification until at most a week before decision day. Good luck, I'm still hoping for an interview, but time is running out so I don't have high hopes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kjohnson wrote:
jhite233 wrote:

It doesn't look like anyone gets notification until at most a week before decision day. Good luck, I'm still hoping for an interview, but time is running out so I don't have high hopes.

Thanks for the heads up, i'm getting restless here! Ah, sorry to hear that, you hear back from any of your other schools ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
jhite233 wrote:

I interviewed via Skype last night, and I was told that I would hear back at least by the response deadline but I could hear early as they admit people on a rolling basis. She also said that I was near the end of the interviews so I might not have to wait that long. I think when I got my interview invite I had to schedule it by the end of this week so I wouldn't be shocked if the first responses came out on Friday. With that said I also wouldn't be shocked if it took another week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jhite233 wrote:
Kjohnson wrote:
jhite233 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, i'm getting restless here! Ah, sorry to hear that, you hear back from any of your other schools ?

Yeah I did get one admit so far, but I had high hopes for McCombs. Oh well. Good luck to you, hopefully you have good news coming.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts