Quote:
*ZS1997 writes:*
> They have given calls to almost everyone this year. Selection % will be very low.
I see, so you mean that out of applicants in round 1, almost everyone receive interview call.
So the ration of interview calls to admitted students will be very small.
But how do you know that " They have given calls to almost everyone this year."? Do you have the data?
So, I've spoken to many admissions directors informally
2-3 things to note
1. International applications have reduced quite a lot (I read 50% in a newspaper)
2. They are prioritizing R1 over other rounds thanks to visa processing issues
3. They are looking to diversify their class, so Yale is trying to get in more tech folks, MIT is trying to get in more non-tech etc
So, we can't predict, just hang in there till the 5th and be positive!