Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 21:47 It is currently 01 May 2024, 21:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Stern '13 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
I am trying so hard to apply here. The school is located in the best city in the US, great reputation, excellent network... I even wrote the essays.
Problem is I cant imagine myself interviewing with the admissions officers here. They were so arrogant during my visits that I just wanted to smack them. I turned down a masters opportunity at Columbia for the very same reason. Why couldnt they be more down to earth :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
efet wrote:
I am trying so hard to apply here. The school is located in the best city in the US, great reputation, excellent network... I even wrote the essays.
Problem is I cant imagine myself interviewing with the admissions officers here. They were so arrogant during my visits that I just wanted to smack them. I turned down a masters opportunity at Columbia for the very same reason. Why couldnt they be more down to earth :)

LOL!
Intern
Intern
Schools:UNC(R1)
Send PM
Just submitted R2!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
 Q50  V34
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Private Banking
WE 2: Private Equity
WE 3: Indian Government Project
Send PM
hi, someone from india got an invite. i am a R2 applicant, as I undertstand interviews in Mumbai will be conducted all together (R1, R2). when is the interview for those who already have got a call?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
ashindia wrote:
hi, someone from india got an invite. i am a R2 applicant, as I undertstand interviews in Mumbai will be conducted all together (R1, R2). when is the interview for those who already have got a call?

thats wat I think.. I applied R2 and I asked adcom about offsite interview.. I cudn apply R1 coz of certain reasons and so asked them if applying R2 wud be an issue for international (Indian) appliants.. I was told that interviews are typically conducted in India, China & UK in March and R1 candidates are given priority.. so I can assume that even R1 candidates will be interviewed in March along with R2 candidates.. although on GC I have not seen more than 1 applicant from India who got the interview invite.. scary but still wanted to give Stern a shot..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Schools:Cornell (accepted)
Send PM
efet wrote:

i wonder if that's just a new york thing lol.... i work in the city so i don't notice it anymore
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 519 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
money9111 wrote:
efet wrote:

i wonder if that's just a new york thing lol.... i work in the city so i don't notice it anymore

Definitely not. Some of the other schools, which I won't mention,, and far from the Northeast are just as bad. I've visited schools in the NE and to the west of the Mississippi and there was no difference with some of the schools.
Current Student
Send PM
lagomez wrote:
money9111 wrote:
efet wrote:

Definitely not. Some of the other schools, which I won't mention,, and far from the Northeast are just as bad. I've visited schools in the NE and to the west of the Mississippi and there was no difference with some of the schools.

interesting interesting... i did notice that from one school but i didn't apply to it
Current Student
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
xeon216 wrote:
application question:

If I submit my resume...do I still have to submit that work history excel form?

yes.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
josiebella wrote:
I love the t-shirt. Why couldn't Columbia give me one? Lol.

They gave you something much better -- you can always buy a tshirt! :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I applied in R1 and still don't have any change in my status. Has anyone from Mexico received an invitation for an interview yet???
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
Kudos
While I'm not particularly fond of the arrogant attitudes, I think it's probably something you should get used to. You'll find arrogance at top schools among the students and faculty, and probably even more so among the firms you'll be applying to. The group of schools we all aspire to attend are incredibly selective, and that can get to some people's heads.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 519 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
VictoryMBA wrote:
While I'm not particularly fond of the arrogant attitudes, I think it's probably something you should get used to. You'll find arrogance at top schools among the students and faculty, and probably even more so among the firms you'll be applying to. The group of schools we all aspire to attend are incredibly selective, and that can get to some people's heads.

Well said
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
In for R2! My final application submitted. In euphoric mood right now!
Current Student
Send PM
VictoryMBA wrote:

true story
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: CMU (Tepper) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
What a grinder today has been. Submitted for January Round. Woo!!

Absolutely insane that they have a 600kb limit on uploaded docs... Absolutely insane...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
International applicant here. Waitlisted last Tuesday :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53  ...  110   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert