GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 19:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: January 2021 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
HEC & IMD School Moderator
D
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: January 2021 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2020, 09:45
batred wrote:
Hi all, after your final interview with HEC alums how long does it typically take to hear back?

batred .. Hi, it generally takes 1-2 weeks. When did you apply?
Just for info: If you applied to the June 8 deadline, you will get your admission decision by 17th July.
Experts - Bunuel , GMATNinja , SajjadAhmad
Useful forums All you need for Quant , Quant Megathread
SC , CR , RC , SC Megathread , CR Megathread , RC Megathread
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HEC Jan20 Intake

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2020, 15:56
batred I interviewed the first week of June. I heard back June 12.

Would anyone know... regarding deferrals.
If I were to defer for one year, would the HEC scholarship be forfeited or carried over? Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 09:48
Hi Guys,

Anyone else confused here between applying now (Aug deadline) for Jan 2021 intake or wait for R1 Sept 2021? I am an Indian applicant 730 GMAT & 7 years investment management experience (top 4 global IBs) . I would ideally like to start at Jan 2021 but unsure about the competition / number of seats left for an over-represented pool here.

Would love to hear any opinions / suggestions regarding the same.

Thanks in advance!
HEC & IMD School Moderator
D
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 10:06
abso04 ..
Hi, there are only a few deadlines are left for Jan 21 intake. Also, many (I do not know exactly) admitted students have deferred from Sep 20 to Jan 21. However, this should not create a problem. The class size will remain the same (approx. 290). I am sure that there are more than 200 admitted students (Jan + Sep) as of now.

I think your chances depend on the strength of your profile. You have a great GMAT score. What will matter is how you present your story. I would suggest you apply for Jan intake if you can create the best application. Otherwise, wait for a couple of months and apply for Sep 21 intake.

abso04 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Anyone else confused here between applying now (Aug deadline) for Jan 2021 intake or wait for R1 Sept 2021? I am an Indian applicant 730 GMAT & 7 years investment management experience (top 4 global IBs) . I would ideally like to start at Jan 2021 but unsure about the competition / number of seats left for an over-represented pool here.

Thanks in advance!

Experts - Bunuel , GMATNinja , SajjadAhmad
Useful forums All you need for Quant , Quant Megathread
SC , CR , RC , SC Megathread , CR Megathread , RC Megathread
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Oxford "21 (II)

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2020, 23:58
Shoot your shot! Don’t focus on how the application pool may look like: just build a strong application and send it. I am international applicant (outside eu) and I applied for the sep 20 intake in June .... I was nervous because by then, there are few spots left. I talked to the marketing representative and she said they wouldn’t let go of a strong applicant. I am now interviewing for the sep 2020 intake and she told me that the jury loved my application. So I’m going to the interviews with some confidence.... I say contact the marketing representative and get their guidance. They will give you feedback on how to improve your application and they are quite helpful. Good
Luck
abso04 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2020, 22:49
Thank you - I will speak to the marketing representative and try to get her views. Wonder if the fact that many Sep 20 students decided to defer their admission to Jan 21 batch (in May/June) also had a positive impact to your application (more seats available in later rounds than usual). If true ,works the other way for Jan 21 applicants now because total batch size doesn't change but number of seats available reduce..

Mbaineuro2020 wrote:
Shoot your shot! Don’t focus on how the application pool may look like: just build a strong application and send it. I am international applicant (outside eu) and I applied for the sep 20 intake in June .... I was nervous because by then, there are few spots left. I talked to the marketing representative and she said they wouldn’t let go of a strong applicant. I am now interviewing for the sep 2020 intake and she told me that the jury loved my application. So I’m going to the interviews with some confidence.... I say contact the marketing representative and get their guidance. They will give you feedback on how to improve your application and they are quite helpful. Good
Luck
abso04 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance!

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Oxford "21 (II)

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2020, 23:21
Perhaps... there seems to be a lot of deferrals in USA and Europe.... and extended admissions for this year’s cycle. Perhaps that is one reason oxford added a round 5. But I am also interviewing with insead for next years admission. My test scores are WAY below yours. Just focus on what you can control. That is the dominant strategy.... But get your marketing representative... if they are all like my representative; they will at least tell you about how many deferred and what is their admissions plan

abso04 wrote:
Thank you - I will speak to the marketing representative and try to get her views. Wonder if the fact that many Sep 20 students decided to defer their admission to Jan 21 batch (in May/June) also had a positive impact to your application (more seats available in later rounds than usual). If true ,works the other way for Jan 21 applicants now because total batch size doesn't change but number of seats available reduce..

Mbaineuro2020 wrote:
Luck
abso04 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: January 2021 Intake   [#permalink] 05 Jul 2020, 23:21

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   [ 87 posts ] 

Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: January 2021 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Leadership