Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [1]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: January 2021 Intake [#permalink]
Not exactly ..9 yrs ..

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Sorry to hear this.

Do other R2 candidates have also received an update?

I haven't received any update.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
acme786

Sorry to hear this .. what is your plan at this point? Are you going to apply for other January intake schools?

acme786 wrote:
Hi ... heard back from them but disappointing...

Thank you for the time and effort invested in your application to the HEC Paris MBA program.

We have completed the review of applications for this round and we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for pre-selection, therefore you will not be admitted to the program.

We realize this is disappointing news and we want to assure you that our decision was not an easy one, we receive thousands of applications for a small program, meaning that there are more qualified applicants than spaces in our program.

Considering your professional experience and your current position, we also encourage you to explore the option of our EMBA program.

The HEC Paris Executive MBA (EMBA) is aimed at senior managers and executives who want to give their career a new lease of life by developing their strategy and leadership skills.

The program is available in 5 different modular formats in France and Qatar.

Should our EMBA program interest you, let us know and we will present your current application to the EMBA pre-selection committee (there will not be additional application fees).

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes...i have insead and ie on my mind..imd i am apprehensive of the interview as it is on campus and traveling...

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Anyone heard from HEC yet? Today is the final decision date for Feb 3rd deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
ankitbharti987 wrote:
Anyone heard from HEC yet? Today is the final decision date for Feb 3rd deadline.

I heard from them some 2 weeks back about per-selection. I was then given the contact of two interviewers, but I could only have one interview till 4th evening and so I will now have to wait for next jury which will be on 9th April.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Send PM
Hi vijayupadhyay ..
Thank you for sharing the status. How was your interview experience? Kindly share about the interview and your profile :)

vijayupadhyay wrote:
ankitbharti987 wrote:

I heard from them some 2 weeks back about per-selection. I was then given the contact of two interviewers, but I could only have one interview till 4th evening and so I will now have to wait for next jury which will be on 9th April.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Leadership wrote:
Hi vijayupadhyay ..
Thank you for sharing the status. How was your interview experience? Kindly share about the interview and your profile :)

vijayupadhyay wrote:
ankitbharti987 wrote:

My Profile:
GMAT - 710
Work Ex - 6.5 year (Automotive and Transportation Industries)
Education: Masters in Engineering
International Exposure: A couple of trips to Europe, but have always been working in international setting.
But I think essays are very important as they give you a lot of scope to show the diversity of your experiences and tell a story of who you are as a person.

Interview Experience:
The interview was quite easy, though I was worried about it. The guy was from 2014 batch he gave me a lot of insights about the program, college, scholarships, co-curricular activities, field projects things like that. He just asked me 3 questions: 1) Tell me about yourself, 2) Why HEC 3) In longer term will I prefer to stay in Europe or come back to India. I had (in my application) indicated that I am also applying to IMD and he lives in Lausanne, so he also gave me insights about IMD. We discussed the presentation for sometime but he didn't ask specific questions rather we were having a conversation about a topic that (fortunately) we both liked.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
vijayupadhyay ..
I agree with you that Essays are really important to showcase yourself. Did you already apply to IMD in R1 or will you apply in R2? I am curious. What other schools are you targeting?

vijayupadhyay wrote:
My Profile:
GMAT - 710
International Exposure: A couple of trips to Europe, but have always been working in international setting.
But I think essays are very important as they give you a lot of scope to show the diversity of your experiences and tell a story of who you are as a person.

Interview Experience:
The interview was quite easy, though I was worried about it. The guy was from 2014 batch he gave me a lot of insights about the program, college, scholarships, co-curricular activities, field projects things like that. He just asked me 3 questions: 1) Tell me about yourself, 2) Why HEC 3) In longer term will I prefer to stay in Europe or come back to India. I had (in my application) indicated that I am also applying to IMD and he lives in Lausanne, so he also gave me insights about IMD. We discussed the presentation for sometime but he didn't ask specific questions rather we were having a conversation about a topic that (fortunately) we both liked.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Leadership wrote:
vijayupadhyay ..
I agree with you that Essays are really important to showcase yourself. Did you already apply to IMD in R1 or will you apply in R2? I am curious. What other schools are you targeting?

vijayupadhyay wrote:
My Profile:
GMAT - 710

Interview Experience:

No, I won't be applying to IMD. I have got the interview scheduled for NUS next week and I am in the process of writing my essays for Judge (4th deadline). I will think of other programs after I get the results for these.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Thank you vijayupadhyay ..
I wish you all the best for HEC and other schools :angel:
vijayupadhyay wrote:
No, I won't be applying to IMD. I have got the interview scheduled for NUS next week and I am in the process of writing my essays for Judge (4th deadline). I will think of other programs after I get the results for these.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Leadership wrote:
Thank you vijayupadhyay ..
I wish you all the best for HEC and other schools :angel:
vijayupadhyay wrote:

Thanks a lot :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi. Has anyone who applied on the Feb 3rd deadline received an update from HEC? The result date was 6th March. It's been a week now.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi there! I am thinking of applying to HEC in a few months in the 6/7 round (by August tops) for the Jan 2021 intake. This is because my current GMAT score is a 680 which is pretty average for an Indian female engineer! Also, my work experience is just 3 years. So hoping to improve on my score there! Don't have an international work exposure but looking for one! Hence the motivation for an international mba! Right out of college in 2017 I had my own venture but also took up a campus offer for a few months. I eventually quit that and pursued the venture full time. Exited the venture and started a social something for a few months post which I applied for jobs and got into one of the biggest oil and gas companies out there. (A fortune 10)
I really need someone to help me out with my essays!
So the plan is that since I'm home-bound anyway, I'm planning to prep for GMAT for the next few months. Nevertheless, I'll start my application and keep brushing up on my essays!
I need the experts and the coaches on this thread (and even others for that matter) to give me their two cents on this approach and how I can really improve my chances of getting in and get into the Jan cohort! Are there any courses I can take to improve my chances? Any inputs are welcome. I still have some time. :)

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Did anyone who appied during March deadline and interviewed recently get any admission update.?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Did anyone receive call for January intake.?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
[quote="Gandhar1996"]Did anyone receive call for January intake.?

Not yet! Any idea whether they will release the results today for Jan 2021 intake or on Monday?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts