It is currently 16 Jan 2018, 13:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 98

Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2015, 02:17
if you know, let me know so I can add it to this list

all-2015-admitted-student-weekends-193951.html

energyrachel wrote:
I interviewed but did not receive the email today. Does anyone know the date of their admit weekend (called GBR I think)?

Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 985 [0], given: 621

GPA: 3.77
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2015, 10:46
RaduMerla wrote:
I received the e-mail last night but I had not interviewed.

salutare frate ;)

Guys, again please calm down and... love Ross :)
If you are serious about Ross and admissions process you must be following Soojin's blog. If you dont for any particular reason here you are: https://michiganross.umich.edu/admissio ... sions-week
She was pretty clear about admissions decisions. If you were not interviewed neither received ding this or past week, chances are you will get a waitlist offer.

If you are waitlisted, please strictly follow the waitlist instructions to avoid unnecessary moves (adcoms really hate spamming them about how much you are committed to Ross).

Please follow the "Calling all Ross waitlisted candidates" thread for more useful info, discussions and opinions calling-all-waitlisted-ross-applicants-intake-2015-class-of-190394.html

Audaces fortuna juvat!

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 985 [0], given: 621

Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 1118 [0], given: 548

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2015, 11:29
PTK wrote:
RaduMerla wrote:
I received the e-mail last night but I had not interviewed.

salutare frate ;)

Guys, again please calm down and... love Ross :)
If you are serious about Ross and admissions process you must be following Soojin's blog. If you dont for any particular reason here you are: https://michiganross.umich.edu/admissio ... sions-week
She was pretty clear about admissions decisions. If you were not interviewed neither received ding this or past week, chances are you will get a waitlist offer.

If you are waitlisted, please strictly follow the waitlist instructions to avoid unnecessary moves (adcoms really hate spamming them about how much you are committed to Ross).

Please follow the "Calling all Ross waitlisted candidates" thread for more useful info, discussions and opinions calling-all-waitlisted-ross-applicants-intake-2015-class-of-190394.html

I agree "Love Ross" . I hope all of us can be happy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkFWxnbrf5c

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Kudos [?]: 1118 [0], given: 548

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

4 Tips for Team Interviews [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2015, 11:32
Since so much of b-school life and learning includes team discussions, the adcom needed a tool for assessing how applicants will fit in the team-based discussion culture of their programs. Thus, the Team-Based Discussion (TBD) was born.

In team-based interviews, applicants need to use a different set of skills than they use during traditional, individual interviews. Personal interviews require one-on-one presentation, interpersonal skills, and self-awareness, while team interviews require critical thinking, listening, persuasion, and leadership.

Here are four to-do’s to help you win an Academy Award for your performance in an interview:
1. Review school material. This includes the specific materials that the school provides prior to the interview, as well as all other material about the program. As with an individual interview, you need to know the school well – its mission, curriculum, teaching style, etc. Review the school’s website and speak with current students and recent grads so you get a clear picture of what it’s like to be a student at B-School X.

2. Read Case in Point. This is an excellent book by Marc Consentino that will teach you how to state your position during team-based interviews, and then clearly and succinctly support your position.

3. Role-play. Use family, friends, colleagues, and consultants at Accepted.com to role-play with you. The more in-the-know your mock interviewer and peers are, the better idea you’ll get of how the interview will run on the big day.

4. Take notes. You are allowed to bring notes to the interview, and while you don’t want to read off a piece of paper or even refer to it frequently, it may help you feel more confident knowing that some of your key points are written down in case you need them. You never know how performance anxiety may set in, and if your brain freezes and you completely forget your plan, you’ll be glad you jotted some ideas down beforehand.

TIP: Don’t bring a 400-page stack of papers! You don’t want to spend the whole time shuffling through your notes, making noise and ignoring your co-interviewees while they speak. Paperless notes on a tablet may reduce the shuffle, but they won’t reduce the distraction – keep paperless notes to a minimum as well.

Coming up next: 4 Tips for the Interview Itself

Related Resources:
How to Ace Your MBA Interviews
7 Tips for MBA Interview Prep
The 10 Commandments of MBA Interviews

Accepted.com's experienced admissions consultants can help you create the most impressive application possible with comprehensive packages, or provide targeted assistance from picking perfect programs to designing a dazzling resume, constructing engaging essays, or preparing for intense interviews…and more! Accepted.com has guided thousands of applicants to acceptances at top MBA programs since 1994 – we know what works and what doesn't, so contact us to get started now!

This article originally appeared on the Accepted Admissions Consulting Blog, the official blog of Accepted.com.

Director
Director

How to Ace Your Team Based Interview [4 Tips for the Big Day] [#permalink]

Show Tags

Last week we shared our tips for preparing for Team Based Interviews. Today we’re going to move forward and offer 4 tips for acing the interview itself:
1. Don’t be confrontational. This is not a debate in which you’re trying to score points. It’s not Crossfire. It’s not a verbal battle. It’s a simulation of what you may encounter in a b-school classroom or group project, and so it’s that vibe and model that you’ll want to emulate. Interviewees should build on one another’s points, contributing to the conversation; they shouldn’t cut each other down with rude or judgmental remarks. Of course you’re allowed to disagree, and you should be persuasive and enthusiastic about your positions, but do so with respect and grace.

2. Think quality, not quantity. Participants are judged on the quality – and not the quantity – of their comments. You should add to the conversation, but certainly not dominate it. Refrain from speaking for the sake of being heard. Thoughtful and succinct comments are appreciated; chatter is not.

Don’t let this tip backfire on you! Qualitative comments are a must, so don’t hold back from speaking because you’re worried that your contributions won’t hit the mark. You need to find a balance – don’t blab on incessantly, but don’t be too shy to open your mouth either. You’re there to contribute; make sure you do!

3. Keep it real. While many of the topics or prompts given may lead you to a world of theoretical thought, you need to work to push through the theory to arrive at concrete points that are supported with evidence from your own firsthand experiences. Business schools are interested in students who have paid attention to their life stories and who are able to draw deep understanding and practical results from them.

4. Keep notes to a minimum. Just as a treatise of pre-interview notes will distract you from the interview action (as we mentioned in last week’s article), so will scribbling notes furiously during the interview. You definitely want to have a pen and clipboard or a tablet available if you need to quickly jot something down, but remember – this is a group discussion and you want to keep the flow of the conversation natural. Taking notes and then reading your monologue will certainly disrupt that flow.

Good luck!

Related Resources:
Get Ready, Get Set, and ACE that Team Interview Challenge!
Four Tips for the Wharton Interview
Wharton B-Scool Zone

Accepted.com's experienced admissions consultants can help you create the most impressive application possible with comprehensive packages, or provide targeted assistance from picking perfect programs to designing a dazzling resume, constructing engaging essays, or preparing for intense interviews…and more! Accepted.com has guided thousands of applicants to acceptances at top MBA programs since 1994 – we know what works and what doesn't, so contact us to get started now!

This article originally appeared on the Accepted Admissions Consulting Blog, the official blog of Accepted.com.

Director
Director

Michigan Ross to Release Early Deny Decisions [#permalink]

Show Tags

The University of Michigan Ross School of Business continues to streamline and improve the transparency of MBA admissions by piloting a new process that will release unsuccessful applicants from Rounds 1 and 2 before the official Round 2 notification date on March 13th to give them more time to make other plans for the fall.

Admissions Director Soojin Kwon posted this diagram on her blog to help illustrate the change:
credit: University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business

“This is not to say that all applicants who weren’t invited to interview will be denied early,” Kwon clarifies. “If you weren’t invited to interview and you don’t receive an early release notification, you will be notified on the regular notification date.”

The admissions committee plans to send out the early deny notifications by the end of this week (February 27).
You may also be interested in:
Michigan Ross Director on Interviewing, Team Exercise

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 22 [1], given: 93

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.25
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge
Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 06:09
This post received
KUDOS
Some US applicants should start getting calls in about 24 hours.. Good luck guys & girls..

RelishMBA.com

Kudos [?]: 22 [1], given: 93

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 12:06
usmabama wrote:
Some US applicants should start getting calls in about 24 hours.. Good luck guys & girls..

Are they calling all admitted students or will they just send an email to the international students on Thursday?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 93

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.25
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 12:11
EntMBA wrote:
Are they calling all admitted students or will they just send an email to the international students on Thursday?

Based on the link below I think they are going to call all admits...

http://michiganross.umich.edu/admission ... pplication

RelishMBA.com

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 93

Current Student

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 12:17
So it's going to really suck if I don't get a call on Thursday...
I hope they know that I'm 6 hours ahead of EST and therefore they'll call me early :)

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 8

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 12:26
For me in India I feel a bit like when I used to put my tooth below my pillow expecting the tooth fairy. I have my phone next to my pillow with expectations of seeing an international call out there. Best of luck people!!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 8

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 13:04
Anyone notice adcoms checking out their LinkedIn? (Not that they checked mine, just curious)

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 44

Schools: Johnson '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.29
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 22:09
This post received
KUDOS
sulmona wrote:
Anyone notice adcoms checking out their LinkedIn? (Not that they checked mine, just curious)
Even if they do it, they have premium accounts and their profile set as anonymous so that you and me don't have panic attacks when we see someone viewed our profile :-D

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 44

Current Student

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 22:31
You don't have to have a premium account in order to be anonymous :) it's just a privacy setting

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 44

Schools: Johnson '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.29
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 22:44
EntMBA wrote:
You don't have to have a premium account in order to be anonymous :) it's just a privacy setting
lolzz ! In that case you cant check if someone else has checked your profile ! I was assuming they dont want that :-D

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 44

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 00:13
Excitement peaks! Decisions are aproaching! Good luck to you all.
We international applicants should wait some more.
It's like waiting your shipment to arrive home :-D

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 01:40
D day for a lot of folks - Good luck all!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 39

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Asset Management (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 04:24

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 39

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 04:26
she's up early!!

gonna start stalking my phone
TheLevin wrote:

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 04:43
Looks like calls began at roughly 10:45 EST in R1. Going to be a long and stressful day for me since I do not get good cell service in my office.

After visiting Ross, it became my favorite campus and I thought it was my best interview so I will be pretty disappointed and not very bullish about my odds at other schools if I do not make it in here today. Best of luck everyone.

Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2015, 04:43

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45  ...  58    Next  [ 1160 posts ] 

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap