It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 19:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2015
Posts: 124
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 01:17
Since Sloan sends out invite gradually, I assume they review and sends out interview invite when the applicant passed the threshold. Does that mean they make final decision first come first serve as well? Or do they finish all the interviews then decide?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2015
Posts: 26
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 02:14
Malluce wrote:
Since Sloan sends out invite gradually, I assume they review and sends out interview invite when the applicant passed the threshold. Does that mean they make final decision first come first serve as well? Or do they finish all the interviews then decide?


Sloan releases all invites on the same day (just not all at once). From what I understand they evaluate the class holistically so decisions are not first in first out.

What I want to know is how late in the day do dings come out on the portal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 14
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 07:59
Just got an email:

Quote:
We are putting the final touches on the Round 1 Decision List.

Next Wednesday, December 16th, all interviewed applicants will receive an email by 5:00 p.m. ET notifying them of their MIT Sloan Round 1 Decision.

Please let us know if your mailing address has changed since the time of your application by updating it on your application status page by end of day Monday, December 14th. If your plans have changed and you no longer want to be considered for the MIT Sloan MBA Class of 2018, please inform us as soon as possible by replying to this email.

Thank you,

The Admissions Committee
MIT Sloan School of Management
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2015
Posts: 11
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 08:36
mbaby18 wrote:
Just got an email:

Quote:
We are putting the final touches on the Round 1 Decision List.

Next Wednesday, December 16th, all interviewed applicants will receive an email by 5:00 p.m. ET notifying them of their MIT Sloan Round 1 Decision.

Please let us know if your mailing address has changed since the time of your application by updating it on your application status page by end of day Monday, December 14th. If your plans have changed and you no longer want to be considered for the MIT Sloan MBA Class of 2018, please inform us as soon as possible by replying to this email.

Thank you,

The Admissions Committee
MIT Sloan School of Management


I guess they are starting to select the class now. They probably send this to everyone who interviewed.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 14
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 08:38
slack wrote:
mbaby18 wrote:
Just got an email:

Quote:
We are putting the final touches on the Round 1 Decision List.

Next Wednesday, December 16th, all interviewed applicants will receive an email by 5:00 p.m. ET notifying them of their MIT Sloan Round 1 Decision.

Please let us know if your mailing address has changed since the time of your application by updating it on your application status page by end of day Monday, December 14th. If your plans have changed and you no longer want to be considered for the MIT Sloan MBA Class of 2018, please inform us as soon as possible by replying to this email.

Thank you,

The Admissions Committee
MIT Sloan School of Management


I guess they are starting to select the class now. They probably send this to everyone who interviewed.


I'm sure they've mostly decided by now. But yes, I bet this was sent to all interviewees!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2014
Posts: 107
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 08:42
1
This post received
KUDOS
And Sloan of course continues the tradition of heart stopping email headers.

I bet they are having a good time with it.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 34
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 09:22
2
This post received
KUDOS
jwang27 wrote:
And Sloan of course continues the tradition of heart stopping email headers.

I bet they are having a good time with it.


Agreed.

Next Tuesday:

"You're Accepted...to an MIT Sloan Google Hangout!"
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2013
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.83
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 10:25
The comment about updating your address makes me think that they'll be calling regions based on time zone, so they want to know where you are.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2015
Posts: 26
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V48
GPA: 3.42
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 10:53
maximum15 wrote:
The comment about updating your address makes me think that they'll be calling regions based on time zone, so they want to know where you are.

I'm pretty sure it's because they do all merit scholarships through mailed letters.
Chat Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2013
Posts: 683
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Sloan '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 00:25
So guys, admits and scholarships are received at the same time?
_________________

If my post was helpful, press Kudos. If not, then just press Kudos !!!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2015
Posts: 22
Location: United States (CA)
Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 01:51
1
This post received
KUDOS
-

Last edited by HopefulFella on 23 Mar 2016, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 21:50
Hi all,

Today I received a mail from MIT-Fudan IMBA program.
Does this mean that I got rejected from MIT.
In my application I had checked the box "Occasionally, we share application information of candidates we cannot admit to MIT sloan MBA program with other MIT programs and international partner universities... ". I agreed for this information sharing.
So, I guess it is game over for me.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Mar 2015
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 21:52
qwerty183 wrote:
Hi all,

Today I received a mail from MIT-Fudan IMBA program.
Does this mean that I got rejected from MIT.
In my application I had checked the box "Occasionally, we share application information of candidates we cannot admit to MIT sloan MBA program with other MIT programs and international partner universities... ". I agreed for this information sharing.
So, I guess it is game over for me.


If this is true, then that would be a major misstep to unintentionally release a decision signal like this.

It would be interesting to hear if others ticked this box but did not receive the email? I am pretty sure I did not tick this box.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2015
Posts: 38
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: International Business, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 21:55
qwerty183 wrote:
Hi all,

Today I received a mail from MIT-Fudan IMBA program.
Does this mean that I got rejected from MIT.
In my application I had checked the box "Occasionally, we share application information of candidates we cannot admit to MIT sloan MBA program with other MIT programs and international partner universities... ". I agreed for this information sharing.
So, I guess it is game over for me.



i have no idea, and it serves no good to speculate. but please do keep us posted on your results on wednesday, would be interesting to hear if there was a correlation.

i also checked the box but have not received promotional material of another program.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Reviews Badge
Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 22:02
gadela wrote:
qwerty183 wrote:
Hi all,

Today I received a mail from MIT-Fudan IMBA program.
Does this mean that I got rejected from MIT.
In my application I had checked the box "Occasionally, we share application information of candidates we cannot admit to MIT sloan MBA program with other MIT programs and international partner universities... ". I agreed for this information sharing.
So, I guess it is game over for me.



i have no idea, and it serves no good to speculate. but please do keep us posted on your results on wednesday, would be interesting to hear if there was a correlation.

i also checked the box but have not received promotional material of another program.


I also have an account on QS mba tour. It is normal for me to receive such promotional mails. Receiving one from MIT`s partner school is little unnerving.

Last edited by qwerty183 on 14 Dec 2015, 04:58, edited 1 time in total.
Chat Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2013
Posts: 683
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Sloan '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2015, 03:45
Yeah, it is creepy.
_________________

If my post was helpful, press Kudos. If not, then just press Kudos !!!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2015
Posts: 11
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2015, 07:03
qwerty183 wrote:
gadela wrote:
qwerty183 wrote:
Hi all,

Today I received a mail from MIT-Fudan IMBA program.
Does this mean that I got rejected from MIT.
In my application I had checked the box "Occasionally, we share application information of candidates we cannot admit to MIT sloan MBA program with other MIT programs and international partner universities... ". I agreed for this information sharing.
So, I guess it is game over for me.



i have no idea, and it serves no good to speculate. but please do keep us posted on your results on wednesday, would be interesting to hear if there was a correlation.

i also checked the box but have not received promotional material of another program.


I also have an account on QS mba tour. It is normal for me to receive such promotional mails. Receiving one from MIT`s partner school is little unnerving.


I checked the box as well and didn't get anything. It is possible you were on this mailing list through your account with QS mba tour and that it isn't relevant to your application status.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2015
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2015, 07:53
1
This post received
KUDOS
Any one else losing a significant amount of sleep in anticipation of wednesday's verdict? ?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2015
Posts: 21
Schools: Wharton '18 (A)
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2015, 08:03
MBApleaseee wrote:
Any one else losing a significant amount of sleep in anticipation of wednesday's verdict? ?

Very irrelevant but has anyone gotten any "swag" from any schools they've been admitted to? Coffee mugs, stickers, etc?
Chat Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2013
Posts: 683
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Sloan '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2015, 08:12
Prospective2016 wrote:
MBApleaseee wrote:
Any one else losing a significant amount of sleep in anticipation of wednesday's verdict? ?

Very irrelevant but has anyone gotten any "swag" from any schools they've been admitted to? Coffee mugs, stickers, etc?



Interesting question. Can you elaborate?
_________________

If my post was helpful, press Kudos. If not, then just press Kudos !!!

Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 14 Dec 2015, 08:12

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  63    Next  [ 1259 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.