It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 10:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 1

Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 10:15
1
This post received
KUDOS
Posted from my mobile device

Last edited by LaLaBusinessman on 26 Mar 2015, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Jun 2014
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.95
WE: Account Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 13:51
jdharris wrote:
DavidVeritas wrote:
jdharris wrote:
I'm surprised there haven't been more updates... am I the only one who received a decision this morning?



Got mine in an email this morning...Sad, but time to move on. jdharris, will you be re-applying?
I considered it for a moment, but then losing a year doesn't look like a good option given I won't be getting anywhere new at my current job.

CONGRATS to all who got in!:) Have a terrific time at GSB!
:-D

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2015
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 17:09
LaLaBusinessman wrote:
Wait listed!


Same boat here.

The waiting continues...

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Stanford Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 124

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 86

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75
Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 17:15
JWag wrote:
LaLaBusinessman wrote:
Wait listed!


Same boat here.

The waiting continues...


Better than a ding! Positive thinking :)

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 86

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2014
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 08:11
Hey - does anyone see something under the "view next steps" besides the decision letter?

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

Stanford Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 124

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 86

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 08:57
HACT369 wrote:
Got mine in an email this morning...Sad, but time to move on. jdharris, will you be re-applying?
I considered it for a moment, but then losing a year doesn't look like a good option given I won't be getting anywhere new at my current job.

CONGRATS to all who got in!:) Have a terrific time at GSB!
:-D


Yes, I'll be re-applying. I want to give it one more shot... If I don't get in next year, then I'll likely go somewhere else. Which schools did you get an acceptance from?

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 86

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Jun 2014
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.95
WE: Account Management (Energy and Utilities)
Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 09:18
jdharris wrote:
HACT369 wrote:
Got mine in an email this morning...Sad, but time to move on. jdharris, will you be re-applying?
I considered it for a moment, but then losing a year doesn't look like a good option given I won't be getting anywhere new at my current job.

CONGRATS to all who got in!:) Have a terrific time at GSB!
:-D


Yes, I'll be re-applying. I want to give it one more shot... If I don't get in next year, then I'll likely go somewhere else. Which schools did you get an acceptance from?



Good for you. Yes, I know, I felt so connected with everything about the school - it is very tough to let it go.
Still waiting on one more program, but I'm in at Duke. Did you apply elsewhere?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Stanford Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 124

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 86

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 09:43
1
This post received
KUDOS
HACT369 wrote:
jdharris wrote:
HACT369 wrote:
Got mine in an email this morning...Sad, but time to move on. jdharris, will you be re-applying?
I considered it for a moment, but then losing a year doesn't look like a good option given I won't be getting anywhere new at my current job.

CONGRATS to all who got in!:) Have a terrific time at GSB!
:-D


Yes, I'll be re-applying. I want to give it one more shot... If I don't get in next year, then I'll likely go somewhere else. Which schools did you get an acceptance from?



Good for you. Yes, I know, I felt so connected with everything about the school - it is very tough to let it go.
Still waiting on one more program, but I'm in at Duke. Did you apply elsewhere?


Nope, I only applied to Stanford. With a full-time job, part-time grad school (Applied Math), and my extracurricular activities, I only had enough time to apply to one school (with a high level of devotion), so I decided to "shoot for the moon" by applying to my top choice. It didn't work out, but next application season I won't have grad school to worry about so I'll be able to put together more applications. Probably more than you wanted to know :roll:

Congrats on Duke and good luck on the other school!

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 86

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Jun 2014
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.95
WE: Account Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 10:24
Yes, I'll be re-applying. I want to give it one more shot... If I don't get in next year, then I'll likely go somewhere else. Which schools did you get an acceptance from?[/quote]


Good for you. Yes, I know, I felt so connected with everything about the school - it is very tough to let it go.
Still waiting on one more program, but I'm in at Duke. Did you apply elsewhere?[/quote]

Nope, I only applied to Stanford. With a full-time job, part-time grad school (Applied Math), and my extracurricular activities, I only had enough time to apply to one school (with a high level of devotion), so I decided to "shoot for the moon" by applying to my top choice. It didn't work out, but next application season I won't have grad school to worry about so I'll be able to put together more applications. Probably more than you wanted to know :roll:

Congrats on Duke and good luck on the other school![/quote]

Thanks so much! Best of luck with completing your Masters and applying again next year!!! I'm confident you'll make it then!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Stanford Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 124

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 86

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 10:34
HACT369 wrote:
Thanks so much! Best of luck with completing your Masters and applying again next year!!! I'm confident you'll make it then!


Thanks, I appreciate it!

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 86

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 31 Dec 2014
Posts: 42

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 53

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.8
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 15:23
jdharris wrote:
HACT369 wrote:
Thanks so much! Best of luck with completing your Masters and applying again next year!!! I'm confident you'll make it then!


Thanks, I appreciate it!


JD, can I ask how many years of work experience you have? I was considering reapplying as well but I am an older/nontraditional applicant and if that was the ding against me it will only get worse in a year's time!

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 53

Stanford Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 124

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 86

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 16:26
mbs17 wrote:
jdharris wrote:
HACT369 wrote:
Thanks so much! Best of luck with completing your Masters and applying again next year!!! I'm confident you'll make it then!


Thanks, I appreciate it!


JD, can I ask how many years of work experience you have? I was considering reapplying as well but I am an older/nontraditional applicant and if that was the ding against me it will only get worse in a year's time!


I would have had 3 years of experience at matriculation. When you say old, how old do you mean? Over 30?

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 86

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 31 Dec 2014
Posts: 42

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 53

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.8
Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 16:30
JD, can I ask how many years of work experience you have? I was considering reapplying as well but I am an older/nontraditional applicant and if that was the ding against me it will only get worse in a year's time![/quote]

I would have had 3 years of experience at matriculation. When you say old, how old do you mean? Over 30?[/quote]

haha, yes, over 30. :cry: Think 8 years work experience.

So your application will just get stronger with more work experience. I bet you will do great reapplying. good luck.

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 53

1 KUDOS received
Stanford Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 124

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 86

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75
Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 16:44
1
This post received
KUDOS
mbs17 wrote:
jdharris wrote:

I would have had 3 years of experience at matriculation. When you say old, how old do you mean? Over 30?


haha, yes, over 30. :cry: Think 8 years work experience.


NYU is a great school so I'm not sure it would be worth risking it. If you do reapply, you might want to consider some of the programs that require more work experience (like Stanford's MSx program). I'm sure someone has told you that before, but you should at least consider it. Since those programs have more experienced people, their students typically have "higher" positions in different companies, so it could prove to be a great networking opportunity.

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 86

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2015
Posts: 15

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Schools: Stanford '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.25
Reviews Badge
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 18:32
I ll be there for the Admit weekend. Pl post if you are gonna be there as well.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2014
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 05:38
Anyone's in for R3? :)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2015
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 23:18
giathuyho wrote:
Anyone's in for R3? :)


Hey!
I am applying for round 3 as a college senior.

Anyone else around?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Stanford Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 124

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 86

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 06:20
tanchoco wrote:
giathuyho wrote:
Anyone's in for R3? :)


Hey!
I am applying for round 3 as a college senior.

Anyone else around?


I'm still around!

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 86

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2014
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 13:57
szybe wrote:
I ll be there for the Admit weekend. Pl post if you are gonna be there as well.

Posted from my mobile device



I'll be there!

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Apr 2015
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Schools: Stanford '17 (S)
WE: Project Management (Other)
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2015, 03:29
jdharris wrote:
tanchoco wrote:
giathuyho wrote:
Anyone's in for R3? :)


Hey!
I am applying for round 3 as a college senior.

Anyone else around?


I'm still around!



Hey, I just registered on this forum. Ive applied for Round 3 as well

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!   [#permalink] 04 Apr 2015, 03:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  76   77   78   79   80   81   82  ...  87    Next  [ 1733 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
118 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! diehardmbafan 539 31 May 2017, 17:08
Experts publish their posts in the topic Stanford Class of 2017 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Narenn 7 09 Jun 2015, 12:57
8 Experts publish their posts in the topic Stanford GSB Class of 2017 - Calling all Admitted Students NandoParrado 28 11 May 2015, 09:08
Calling all Stanford GSB Applicants 2017 scorehigh800 2 07 Jun 2014, 09:33
661 Experts publish their posts in the topic Stanford GSB Calling all applicants for Class of 2016! azowu 1256 23 Nov 2014, 23:38
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: ydmuley, mvictor



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.