GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jul 2018, 07:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 10:23
coblin wrote:
illuminator wrote:
coblin wrote:
I know an earlier analysis suggested that invites occur in a uniform distribution as time passes - does this seem to have held this year or are we over the peak of invites?

hehe well...how do i put this...hmmm if we refer to the last 2 weeks as uniform, then I really think the oxford dictionary ought to revise its definition of uniform lol i think it has been very low/ad-hoc/non-existant (well, unless they've not been reported but history suggests that ppl usually do state when they receive an invite in an excited fashion!), even lower than last year having had a look a while ago at roughly the same time...they had more action in 2014. so, lets hope they've just been holding their foot off the gas over the last 2 weeks (despite the odd invite here and there) and that more invites come out soon!
i should add that, from expert consultant posts on this forum, it appears that many receive invites in the last few days of the period, even last day (i.e. 17th for us now) and got in. so timing of an invite has no correlation to admission chances. i believe it is random.

OK - so based on your gut feel you think there's actually been a lull (rather than a peak) and there could be many more to come? Hope your thinking isn't merely wishful :)

well yeah non-existent invites, ad-hoc....lull is a good word. well, based on data on this forum, rarely anyone has had an invite, like a handful or so, maybe 10 PUSHING! even MBA live wire has like 3 invites lol so its not wishful thinking...its reality. caveat as per my comment above = that peeps haven't been posting updates but that goes against human nature to share good news and last year's forum had way more (and this time last year they had 22 pages in this forum, whereas we have 6 fewer = all tamed down)...so i am using data available to me to make that call....and i hope its the right one and that more invites come through SOON coz i am dyingggggggggggggg over here hahahaha
Current Student
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 10:55
Across the board (HBS, Wharton, Booth, GSB), it looks like gmatclub is getting much less traction than in previous years. Anyone have any intelligent potential explanations ? I'm struggling to come up with any besides a timing issue around people updating their profiles.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 04 Nov 2015, 11:23
thinkingaboutbschool wrote:
Across the board (HBS, Wharton, Booth, GSB), it looks like gmatclub is getting much less traction than in previous years. Anyone have any intelligent potential explanations ? I'm struggling to come up with any besides a timing issue around people updating their profiles.

unless there's fewer applicants.... i cant find a reasonable explanation to be honest. maybe combined with the fact of fewer interview invites, ppl aren't creating profiles and logging on to share (and we have seen a few recently just joined to share invite news, as expected

Originally posted by illuminator on 04 Nov 2015, 10:57.
Last edited by illuminator on 04 Nov 2015, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 12:42
Write it off brothers and sisters.

I know I have :(
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 12:44
[quote="TheLostOne"]Write it off brothers and sisters.

I know I have :([/quote]

:-(

Well I'm gonna hit up a nice cheesy lasagna and drown myself in food coma haha
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 12:45
illuminator wrote:
thinkingaboutbschool wrote:

unless there's fewer applicants.... i cant find a reasonable explanation to be honest. maybe combined with the fact of fewer interview invites, ppl aren't creating profiles and logging on to share (and we have seen a few recently just joined to share invite news, as expected

Good way to test whether the GMATClub traction is site-specific or not is to benchmark LiveWire : GMATClub reporting this year vs prior years. Not sure if anyone has already done that analysis!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 12:48
Just got an email from Stanford education centre for something completely different hahaha man! So this is how butterflies feel lol basically threw myself on the phone and quickly gave up lol
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 12:53
[quote="coblin"][quote="illuminator"][quote="thinkingaboutbschool"]Across the board (HBS, Wharton, Booth, GSB), it looks like gmatclub is getting much less traction than in previous years. Anyone have any intelligent potential explanations ? I'm struggling to come up with any besides a timing issue around people updating their profiles.[/quote]

unless there's fewer applicants.... i cant find a reasonable explanation to be honest. maybe combined with the fact of fewer interview invites, ppl aren't creating profiles and logging on to share (and we have seen a few recently just joined to share invite news, as expected[/quote]

Good way to test whether the GMATClub traction is site-specific or not is to benchmark LiveWire : GMATClub reporting this year vs prior years. Not sure if anyone has already done that analysis![/quote]

Good call. Just tried but live wire goes back to Dec only. But say live wire for last year had 50 invites compared to current period like for like, we still can't say whether this years lack of posts (ie only 3 invites recorded atm) are due to applicants who can't be bothered posting (low traction forums argument) or simply due to fewer (and delayed) invites or fewer applicants. So I still wouldn't be able to pin point the cause.... Where's my lasagna! Lol

At least we're engaging in 'critical analytical' thinking here boys and girls!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 13:04
[quote="illuminator"][quote="coblin"][quote="illuminator"][quote="thinkingaboutbschool"]Across the board (HBS, Wharton, Booth, GSB), it looks like gmatclub is getting much less traction than in previous years. Anyone have any intelligent potential explanations ? I'm struggling to come up with any besides a timing issue around people updating their profiles.[/quote]

unless there's fewer applicants.... i cant find a reasonable explanation to be honest. maybe combined with the fact of fewer interview invites, ppl aren't creating profiles and logging on to share (and we have seen a few recently just joined to share invite news, as expected[/quote]

Good way to test whether the GMATClub traction is site-specific or not is to benchmark LiveWire : GMATClub reporting this year vs prior years. Not sure if anyone has already done that analysis![/quote]

Good call. Just tried but live wire goes back to Dec only. But say live wire for last year had 50 invites compared to current period like for like, we still can't say whether this years lack of posts (ie only 3 invites recorded atm) are due to applicants who can't be bothered posting (low traction forums argument) or simply due to fewer (and delayed) invites or fewer applicants. So I still wouldn't be able to pin point the cause.... Where's my lasagna! Lol

At least we're engaging in 'critical analytical' thinking here boys and girls![/quote]

Just had a look at other schools interview invites on live wire and there's heaps across lbs, Wharton, booth....obviously there will always be fewer gsb invites but folks are actively posting on live wire which suggests people haven't completely gone cold turkey on forums and this reflects other gnat club forums. So it really may be gsb specific (delayed invites and a combo of fewer applicants perhaps)...who knows. For now my lasagna is calling my name so I'm gonna dig in. Cheers. ;)
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 15:37
Seems like there was 1 interview invite (Boston, 3.6, 740) recorded at 2:53pmtoday on live wire. Less than 40mins ago!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Booth '18 (M)
GPA: 3.5
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 20:24
Shamelessly joining the conversation here after two direct dings.. It does seem like there was a burst of invites in the last week for Stanford in 2014. I think we should really start writing off Stanford by Friday afternoon next week.. You would think after two dings I'd have no hope left.. well..
Current Student
Schools: Booth '18 (A)

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 20:42
I think the only way we can figure out whether the participation is low or not many invites have gone out is by requesting all those who are active on this forum to post a one-line reply confirming that they are active and their status... below is my update:

No email so far... :(
Current Student
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 20:46
I'm still waiting, too. No e-mail.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2015, 00:36
[quote="bSchool2018"]Shamelessly joining the conversation here after two direct dings.. It does seem like there was a burst of invites in the last week for Stanford in 2014. I think we should really start writing off Stanford by Friday afternoon next week.. You would think after two dings I'd have no hope left.. well..[/quote]

Hang in there! And thanks for the Intel re last year!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2015, 05:55
nada
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2015, 05:56
2-3 of my friends in PE / Consulting also have not heard
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 2: 690 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.31
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2015, 08:51
mbawannabe2018 wrote:
2-3 of my friends in PE / Consulting also have not heard

No email so far. Africa/Entrepreneurship.
Current Student
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2015, 08:59
Nothing yet for me.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2015, 09:00
Nothing on my end, U.S. PE
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2015, 09:05
Nothing...
PE, Europe
I guess we're probably all just waiting for an email on the 17th saying "sorry, but no invite for you"...
Re: Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 05 Nov 2015, 09:05

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  43    Next  [ 853 posts ] 

Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: ydmuley, mvictor

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap