Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.7
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Write it off brothers and sisters.

I know I have :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="TheLostOne"]Write it off brothers and sisters.

I know I have :([/quote]

:-(

Well I'm gonna hit up a nice cheesy lasagna and drown myself in food coma haha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
illuminator wrote:
thinkingaboutbschool wrote:
Across the board (HBS, Wharton, Booth, GSB), it looks like gmatclub is getting much less traction than in previous years. Anyone have any intelligent potential explanations ? I'm struggling to come up with any besides a timing issue around people updating their profiles.

unless there's fewer applicants.... i cant find a reasonable explanation to be honest. maybe combined with the fact of fewer interview invites, ppl aren't creating profiles and logging on to share (and we have seen a few recently just joined to share invite news, as expected

Good way to test whether the GMATClub traction is site-specific or not is to benchmark LiveWire : GMATClub reporting this year vs prior years. Not sure if anyone has already done that analysis!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just got an email from Stanford education centre for something completely different hahaha man! So this is how butterflies feel lol basically threw myself on the phone and quickly gave up lol
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="coblin"][quote="illuminator"][quote="thinkingaboutbschool"]Across the board (HBS, Wharton, Booth, GSB), it looks like gmatclub is getting much less traction than in previous years. Anyone have any intelligent potential explanations ? I'm struggling to come up with any besides a timing issue around people updating their profiles.[/quote]

unless there's fewer applicants.... i cant find a reasonable explanation to be honest. maybe combined with the fact of fewer interview invites, ppl aren't creating profiles and logging on to share (and we have seen a few recently just joined to share invite news, as expected[/quote]

Good way to test whether the GMATClub traction is site-specific or not is to benchmark LiveWire : GMATClub reporting this year vs prior years. Not sure if anyone has already done that analysis![/quote]

Good call. Just tried but live wire goes back to Dec only. But say live wire for last year had 50 invites compared to current period like for like, we still can't say whether this years lack of posts (ie only 3 invites recorded atm) are due to applicants who can't be bothered posting (low traction forums argument) or simply due to fewer (and delayed) invites or fewer applicants. So I still wouldn't be able to pin point the cause.... Where's my lasagna! Lol

At least we're engaging in 'critical analytical' thinking here boys and girls!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="illuminator"][quote="coblin"][quote="illuminator"][quote="thinkingaboutbschool"]Across the board (HBS, Wharton, Booth, GSB), it looks like gmatclub is getting much less traction than in previous years. Anyone have any intelligent potential explanations ? I'm struggling to come up with any besides a timing issue around people updating their profiles.[/quote]

unless there's fewer applicants.... i cant find a reasonable explanation to be honest. maybe combined with the fact of fewer interview invites, ppl aren't creating profiles and logging on to share (and we have seen a few recently just joined to share invite news, as expected[/quote]

Good way to test whether the GMATClub traction is site-specific or not is to benchmark LiveWire : GMATClub reporting this year vs prior years. Not sure if anyone has already done that analysis![/quote]

Good call. Just tried but live wire goes back to Dec only. But say live wire for last year had 50 invites compared to current period like for like, we still can't say whether this years lack of posts (ie only 3 invites recorded atm) are due to applicants who can't be bothered posting (low traction forums argument) or simply due to fewer (and delayed) invites or fewer applicants. So I still wouldn't be able to pin point the cause.... Where's my lasagna! Lol

At least we're engaging in 'critical analytical' thinking here boys and girls![/quote]

Just had a look at other schools interview invites on live wire and there's heaps across lbs, Wharton, booth....obviously there will always be fewer gsb invites but folks are actively posting on live wire which suggests people haven't completely gone cold turkey on forums and this reflects other gnat club forums. So it really may be gsb specific (delayed invites and a combo of fewer applicants perhaps)...who knows. For now my lasagna is calling my name so I'm gonna dig in. Cheers. ;)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Seems like there was 1 interview invite (Boston, 3.6, 740) recorded at 2:53pmtoday on live wire. Less than 40mins ago!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Booth '18 (M)
GPA: 3.5
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Shamelessly joining the conversation here after two direct dings.. It does seem like there was a burst of invites in the last week for Stanford in 2014. I think we should really start writing off Stanford by Friday afternoon next week.. You would think after two dings I'd have no hope left.. well..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Booth '18 (A)
Send PM
I think the only way we can figure out whether the participation is low or not many invites have gone out is by requesting all those who are active on this forum to post a one-line reply confirming that they are active and their status... below is my update:

No email so far... :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
I'm still waiting, too. No e-mail.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="bSchool2018"]Shamelessly joining the conversation here after two direct dings.. It does seem like there was a burst of invites in the last week for Stanford in 2014. I think we should really start writing off Stanford by Friday afternoon next week.. You would think after two dings I'd have no hope left.. well..[/quote]

Hang in there! And thanks for the Intel re last year!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nada
Intern
Intern
Send PM
2-3 of my friends in PE / Consulting also have not heard
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 2: 690 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
mbawannabe2018 wrote:
2-3 of my friends in PE / Consulting also have not heard

No email so far. Africa/Entrepreneurship.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 4
Send PM
Nothing yet for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Nothing on my end, U.S. PE
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
Nothing...
PE, Europe
I guess we're probably all just waiting for an email on the 17th saying "sorry, but no invite for you"...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts