Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Finance: Financial Engg
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 580 Q48 V28
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Is there any chance of getting a decision earlier than 25 th of March? I have to pay a deposit for Simon in February. If I pay the deposit , can I forfeit it and enroll with Tepper if admitted?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
RaduMerla wrote:
Is there any chance of getting a decision earlier than 25 th of March? I have to pay a deposit for Simon in February. If I pay the deposit , can I forfeit it and enroll with Tepper if admitted?

The decisions are all released on the date provided.
You would have to forfeit the amount paid in Simon if you want to join Tepper post an admit and yes you can very well forfeit the amount and tell it to the ADCOM, so that the waitlist moves
Has any R2 applicant received an illegible transcript status update? I emailed fresh copies to the email address provided but haven't heard back in 4days. How soon did you hear back? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
I did get an email to upload legit transcripts..but I got the confirmation next day..that my application is now complete and ready to review...I think you should mail and ask them for the update...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hi guys! Had my Skype interview. As discussed previously on this forum, the interview is quite relaxed and pretty basic. Mine lasted for about 25 minutes.

As for the questions asked, this list compiled by ankurgupta03 should suffice: calling-all-tepper-cmu-applicants-2015-intake-class-of-173847-420.html#p1466490

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi All, please let me know if everyone has received "application is now complete and ready for review"? I have received no such mail although I had received my interview invite and am done with it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Statistics
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
I had my interview last week over skype. My interviewer was super nice and had read my application beforehand. My interview lasted only about fifteen minutes before it was question time... not sure if this is a good or bad sign. Only regret is that my interviewer answered my questions so thoroughly that i had trouble thinking of a follow up response!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hakuna39 wrote:
Hi All, please let me know if everyone has received "application is now complete and ready for review"? I have received no such mail although I had received my interview invite and am done with it.

I didn't receive it either but obviously there is nothing to worry about cz you have been invited to the interview and it means that the application has been reviewed (initial review as they say)

The "thank you" mail received after submitting the application says: Once we receive all of your supporting documents, your completed application file will be forwarded to our MBA admissions committee for review and decision. Your application will not be reviewed until all the application materials and supporting documents are received by our office. Candidates who have submitted complete applications (with all supporting documents) will receive their admission decision according to our posted deadlines.

Since the application has already been reviewed, it means that it was complete. Still, keep an eye on the inbox and also keep checking the application portal for any updates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
RB3007 wrote:
Hakuna39 wrote:

I didn't receive it either but obviously there is nothing to worry about cz you have been invited to the interview and it means that the application has been reviewed (initial review as they say)

The "thank you" mail received after submitting the application says: Once we receive all of your supporting documents, your completed application file will be forwarded to our MBA admissions committee for review and decision. Your application will not be reviewed until all the application materials and supporting documents are received by our office. Candidates who have submitted complete applications (with all supporting documents) will receive their admission decision according to our posted deadlines.

Since the application has already been reviewed, it means that it was complete. Still, keep an eye on the inbox and also keep checking the application portal for any updates.

Thanks...I checked in the portal and the status is showing as "Submitted"...Does anyone of the R2 applicants have a different status on the application portal?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hakuna39 wrote:
Thanks...I checked in the portal and the status is showing as "Submitted"...Does anyone of the R2 applicants have a different status on the application portal?

It will always show "submitted", even after you get admitted. One of the admitted students from round 1 told me that. I gave my interview a few days ago, still the portal shows "submitted". So now we just have to wait for the results to be out. Guess that will happen on March 25th. Cheers!

P.S.: Not a very active forum this, compared to the Booths, Whartons, etc. Buck up people!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q165 V161
GPA: 3.6
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
RB3007 wrote:
Hakuna39 wrote:

It will always show "submitted", even after you get admitted. One of the admitted students from round 1 told me that. I gave my interview a few days ago, still the portal shows "submitted". So now we just have to wait for the results to be out. Guess that will happen on March 25th. Cheers!

P.S.: Not a very active forum this, compared to the Booths, Whartons, etc. Buck up people!

Mine shows up as 'Complete' in the application status section. You have to click 'View Application' [or a similar button] to look at this section.
I haven't got an invite yet, so I don't know what to make of it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
RB3007 wrote:

I disagree. I received the invite in the first wave, but today I received an email from one of the office coordinators that she checked my application for completeness and found something missing. This clearly implies that my application hadn't even received it's first review.
For the record, my application status on portal is "Submitted".
Intern
Intern
Send PM
neo656 wrote:
I disagree. I received the invite in the first wave, but today I received an email from one of the office coordinators that she checked my application for completeness and found something missing. This clearly implies that my application hadn't even received it's first review.

Thanks for this info. Will watch out for any such mail.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.48
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
neo656 wrote:
RB3007 wrote:

I second this. I was interviewed two weeks ago and also received an incomplete notification from the admission office last week. When I check my application status, they said that I need to send official GMAT and TOEFL score report, which I just did on Friday. Quite surprised by this, because I thought an official record only required after final decision has been made? Nevertheless the e-mail stated if I don't complete the application, I might be bumped to R3, so I just follow their instruction
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools: Olin '17 (M$)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Kudos
At the risk of asking the silliest question on GC ever :-D , here goes:
For a Skype interview, which type of headphones are better - those with the mic branch in front of one's face or those with the mic located on the cable itself?

Please suggest!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
freeflow wrote:
At the risk of asking the silliest question on GC ever :-D , here goes:
For a Skype interview, which type of headphones are better - those with the mic branch in front of one's face or those with the mic located on the cable itself?

Please suggest!

Haha, they won't mind any! If you do have options, go with the one that has better audio/microphone quality.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Any new interview invites released lately? read in the previous posts that they release it in waves, so is there a wave 2 or 3?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts