It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 02:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 23:26
Any new interview invites released lately? read in the previous posts that they release it in waves, so is there a wave 2 or 3?
Current Student
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 23:53
I received an email today saying I need to submit my undergrad and grad degree grading scale. Is this something I need to get from my school? Both used a 4.0 scale and I thought the transcripts were enough. Anyone else have this problem or already solve it? Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 00:37
SUPsurfer wrote:
I received an email today saying I need to submit my undergrad and grad degree grading scale. Is this something I need to get from my school? Both used a 4.0 scale and I thought the transcripts were enough. Anyone else have this problem or already solve it? Thanks.

Well, I did my undergrad from India and the back of my semester transcripts specifies the grading scale, for example: A for 10.0, B for 8.0, C for 6.0 and so on. I submitted the same. Look if your transcripts have such info. If not, I am afraid you will have to ask your school for the grading system explanation.
Current Student
Schools: Olin '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 02:16
RB3007 wrote:
freeflow wrote:
At the risk of asking the silliest question on GC ever :-D , here goes:
For a Skype interview, which type of headphones are better - those with the mic branch in front of one's face or those with the mic located on the cable itself?

Please suggest!

Haha, they won't mind any! If you do have options, go with the one that has better audio/microphone quality.

Thanks! Now I can choose one. :)
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 02:21
KingShark wrote:
RB3007 wrote:
Hakuna39 wrote:
Thanks...I checked in the portal and the status is showing as "Submitted"...Does anyone of the R2 applicants have a different status on the application portal?

It will always show "submitted", even after you get admitted. One of the admitted students from round 1 told me that. I gave my interview a few days ago, still the portal shows "submitted". So now we just have to wait for the results to be out. Guess that will happen on March 25th. Cheers!

P.S.: Not a very active forum this, compared to the Booths, Whartons, etc. Buck up people!

Mine shows up as 'Complete' in the application status section. You have to click 'View Application' [or a similar button] to look at this section.
I haven't got an invite yet, so I don't know what to make of it.

I noticed this "Application Status" section only yesterday. For the benefit of those who are wondering if their app is complete, click on "View Application", go to "Application Status" section and you can see status on individual items such as your transcript and GMAT/TOEFL scores.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 07:36
i am really confused...i can't see this "Application Status" part..i have got a "Check your application" where I can see the status as "Submitted" and when I go to individual items, I see the data I filled for the application, nothing on status...from the first date my application status is showing "Submitted" no changes...

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 08:36
Hakuna39 wrote:
i am really confused...i can't see this "Application Status" part..i have got a "Check your application" where I can see the status as "Submitted" and when I go to individual items, I see the data I filled for the application, nothing on status...from the first date my application status is showing "Submitted" no changes...

Ditto ...

Raves, rants and war stories of First Year MBA Students

Received an offer? Congrats! You might want to 'Negotiate the Offer'.

I'm happy to help if you wanna know about Ross & UMich, but please do not come to me with your GMAT issues or questions. And please add a bit of humor to your questions or you'll bore me to death.

Current Student
Reviews Badge
Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 10:31
Hakuna39 wrote:

Guys, this is what the "application status" window looks like. Can't confirm when this link appeared or started working cz I just checked it. But I didn't receive any mail regarding status change.

I would suggest to relax and not sweat over this. It will take care of itself. Still, if you want you can check with the admissions team. Cheers!
Attachments

Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 90.16 KiB | Viewed 1237 times ]

Last edited by RB3007 on 27 Jan 2015, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: 334 Q169 V165
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 10:41
RB3007 wrote:
Hakuna39 wrote:

I am uploading the screenshot of the "Check your application" section. Notice the part inside parentheses. If we go by this, our applications have not yet been processed, that's why we haven't received any mails nor our statuses have been updated, and that's why we can't see the "Application Status" part under "Check your application". Guys with updated status can confirm.

I wonder if they have sent out interview invites just on the basis of resumes. If they call this initial review, I would be very surprised.

Also, since they say that applications will be processed within 2-3 weeks and going by the 4th Jan deadline we are already beyond that, I think that it is time to give them a wake up call.

Thanks for the picture. I have also not received a confirmation, and don't have the "application status" link on the left. My interview is on Monday. Maybe things will update after that?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 13:38
I got confirmation that my application was received and complete just yesterday and being evaluated.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GRE 1: 326 Q165 V161
GPA: 3.6
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 18:48
RB3007 wrote:
Hakuna39 wrote:

I am uploading the screenshot of the "Check your application" section. Notice the part inside parentheses. If we go by this, our applications have not yet been processed, that's why we haven't received any mails nor our statuses have been updated, and that's why we can't see the "Application Status" part under "Check your application". Guys with updated status can confirm.

I wonder if they have sent out interview invites just on the basis of resumes. If they call this initial review, I would be very surprised.

Also, since they say that applications will be processed within 2-3 weeks and going by the 4th Jan deadline we are already beyond that, I think that it is time to give them a wake up call.

The 'Application Status' link is right above the 'Important Links' section. Did you check that? That's the one I referred to in one of my previous posts.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.25
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 19:09
KingShark wrote:
RB3007 wrote:
Hakuna39 wrote:

The 'Application Status' link is right above the 'Important Links' section. Did you check that? That's the one I referred to in one of my previous posts.

Mine does not even have an application status button. Even one right above the "Important Links" Section. Does this mean that they have not reviewed it yet? I'm assuming they already checked the application since I received an interview invite. Can anyone verify this?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: 334 Q169 V165
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 19:20
I wouldn't worry about it too much, guys and gals. If you got the interview, they have looked at your application. If there is something missing, they will let you know.
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 21:14
Is it just me or have the Tepper admissions been particularly slow in responding to emails this week? (mba-admissions@andrew.cmu.edu)

My Application Experience

Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 22:25
freeflow wrote:
For a Skype interview, which type of headphones are better - those with the mic branch in front of one's face or those with the mic located on the cable itself?

Please suggest!

You here sir deserve a kudos :)
Any thing will do. I went for the one without the mike, so that they can see my face without any obstruction :)
All the best!

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
GMAT 2: 620 Q48 V27
GMAT 3: 630 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.48
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 22:49
razordude1717 wrote:
Is it just me or have the Tepper admissions been particularly slow in responding to emails this week? (mba-admissions@andrew.cmu.edu)

Yes, they're a bit slow since last week, but I just received response from Dana Lovas yesterday about my TOEFL score.

Has anyone sent your TOEFL report recently? How long does it take for ETS to send the report as it's been 5 calendar days and the admission office hasn't received it yet? I posted a complaint to ETS two days ago and still no response from them.
Current Student
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 23:49
So I haven't received an interview invite and neither have I received any acknowledgement stating that my application is complete. That whole "Application Status" part is definitely missing. It's been more than 3 weeks now and they clearly haven't processed my application yet (or so it appears). Is it a good idea to mail them about this? Or should I just be patient and wait a while longer?
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2015, 00:21
FurrowedBrow wrote:
So I haven't received an interview invite and neither have I received any acknowledgement stating that my application is complete. That whole "Application Status" part is definitely missing. It's been more than 3 weeks now and they clearly haven't processed my application yet (or so it appears). Is it a good idea to mail them about this? Or should I just be patient and wait a while longer?

They will definitely update your status once your application has been processed and then the link will appear on the application portal. Leave it to them. Till that happens, keep checking the portal once a day. If still you want to contact them, there is absolutely no harm at all. They are sitting there to answer your genuine queries.

Just to add perspective, although I had received interview invite back on Jan 8th and I am already through with the interview process, I received my "application complete" mail just now. I received this mail after the portal started showing my application status.

The mail reads like this.
Attachments

Untitled1.png
Untitled1.png [ 96.48 KiB | Viewed 1227 times ]

Current Student
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2015, 00:37
RB3007 wrote:
FurrowedBrow wrote:

They will definitely update your status once your application has been processed and then the link will appear on the application portal. Leave it to them. Till that happens, keep checking the portal once a day. If still you want to contact them, there is absolutely no harm at all. They are sitting there to answer your genuine queries.

Just to add perspective, although I had received interview invite back on Jan 8th and I am already through with the interview process, I received my "application complete" mail just now. I received this mail after the portal started showing my application status.

The mail reads like this.

Aah, I think I'm going to wait then. It doesn't seem to have any bearing on whether or not you're invited to interview (which as a side note is really weird!). Thanks for the insight and hope your interview went well! All the best :)
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2015, 05:40
ankurgupta03 wrote:
freeflow wrote:

Please suggest!

You here sir deserve a kudos :)
Any thing will do. I went for the one without the mike, so that they can see my face without any obstruction :)
All the best!

Thanks, I have made the same choice.. and for the same reason :) Now if they would just hurry up and send that invite!
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2015, 05:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  40    Next  [ 788 posts ] 

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap