Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Asset Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.48
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools: Olin '17 (M$)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
asib wrote:
I am a little concerned here since there seems to be no new interview invite reported but the stats on first page shows that 44 people have been either been interviewed or invited to interview. 44 is a large number for the R2 gmatclub forum. Are people getting interview invites in the second wave?

From last year's stats, the number of interviews was 74 for the same number of GMATClub applicants as this year in R2(129). I think we can remain hopeful for some more time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
freeflow wrote:
asib wrote:
I am a little concerned here since there seems to be no new interview invite reported but the stats on first page shows that 44 people have been either been interviewed or invited to interview. 44 is a large number for the R2 gmatclub forum. Are people getting interview invites in the second wave?

From last year's stats, the number of interviews was 74 for the same number of GMATClub applicants as this year in R2(129). I think we can remain hopeful for some more time.

There is hope but I cant figure out when so many invites went out. I am sure the first wave didn't have 44 invites and looks like the second wave is yet to happen. Also the fact that after the initial reports of interview invites there have been none except one. So what am I missing here?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey guys, no worries! I received email from Tepper yesterday. It seems lots of applications are still under review.
"Thank you for your application to the Tepper MBA program at Carnegie Mellon University. Your Tepper MBA application has been processed and is now complete and under review by the Admissions Committee."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [5]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
One fact I would like to mention...i submitted my application on the 4th, got the interview invite on the 8th, and interviewed on the 12th through Skype. We were given a link to choose a time slot for the interview. There were around 450 time slots (including skype and face-to-face) available. By 12th Jan, over 200 of them were filled (some slots being in Feb). So in any case, that Tepper at least interviews around 450 for only R2 can be inferred.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools: Olin '17 (M$)
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Hakuna39 wrote:
One fact I would like to mention...i submitted my application on the 4th, got the interview invite on the 8th, and interviewed on the 12th through Skype. We were given a link to choose a time slot for the interview. There were around 450 time slots (including skype and face-to-face) available. By 12th Jan, over 200 of them were filled (some slots being in Feb). So in any case, that Tepper at least interviews around 450 for only R2 can be inferred.

This is good to know, thanks for sharing :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Just got information from the admissions office that they had an uptick in applications for R2 and so processing applications for completion is taking longer than expected. Reviews for completion should be finished next week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Statistics
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
thanks for the update alwayswaiting. I'm starting to get a bit concerned. My status still shows submitted and yesterday I got an another email asking for original transcripts, which I had already given them last week. Apparently if things aren't completed by Friday, I get moved to round 3....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
scoobyd wrote:
thanks for the update alwayswaiting. I'm starting to get a bit concerned. My status still shows submitted and yesterday I got an another email asking for original transcripts, which I had already given them last week. Apparently if things aren't completed by Friday, I get moved to round 3....

I'd give the admissions office a call just in case. Just to make sure they actually received the transcript, even if they haven't entered it in the system yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Any advice on how to prepare for the Tepper interview? Flying out to Tepper next week and want to make sure I am prepared :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Send PM
tpz wrote:
Any advice on how to prepare for the Tepper interview? Flying out to Tepper next week and want to make sure I am prepared :)

Bring a coat.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Look back a little way and you will see a bunch of examples of questions asked. I found that these sample questions were pretty much on point. Read about Pittsburgh as a city and CMU/Tepper and be familiar with their history and their plans for the future. This really helped me craft some questions to ask my interviewer. I was interviewed by a member of Adcom and it was nice and relaxed, though I felt stressed out because it was my first interview! Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tpz wrote:

All the best! When did you get the interview invite
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am definitely missing something here, the number of people invited to interview + interviewed is steadily increasing (now at 49) but there are no reports of interview invites..Anybody got an interview invite in the last week?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.12
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
FurrowedBrow wrote:

Haha I'm glad one of us thinks so :-D

Haha ... even I got the same mail, and it proved out in the end for me that I was indeed one step closer to getting an Admit :P :-D

I received this mail around 17th Jan only but haven't got an interview call. Should I be worried? :S
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
vibsaxena wrote:

I received this mail around 17th Jan only but haven't got an interview call. Should I be worried? :S

No you should not be. I think they would send out a wave or two more for the interview invites ... Sit back tight :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.12
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
vibsaxena wrote:

No you should not be. I think they would send out a wave or two more for the interview invites ... Sit back tight :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence ! : D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [11]
Send PM
Kudos