Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GRE 1: Q46 V37
GPA: 3.14
WE:Architecture (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling All Texas-McCombs Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink]
horseboat wrote:
Hello aspiring Longhorns! This is my first time posting, so pardon my ignorance. I've read through most of this thread and haven't seen an anwer yet, so thought I'd throw it up to you all.

I submitted my electronic application 1/15. I have had various LORs and transcripts overnighted (with a confirmation) that have arrived the 15th - 25th. Specifically, I overnighted to the GIAC on Whitis Ave, and I used the little document matching form each time. None of these are showing in my status. I called GIAC, and they seemed a little annoyed that I was already asking them about this. I know about the 2-3 weeks they suggest, but I've heard some inspirational stories on here about people calling and getting things done. I was told they are just now geting to mail from the 15th.

I was wondering what sort of experiences other people have had with this. I'm seeing a few people already got interview invites who submitted around the same time as me. How were your transcripts sent? Are there any ways I can politely nudge them to get my stuff together?

I'm in the exact same boat, with respect to transcripts. I have not called them yet but if they still show as missing by this Friday I will probably call the GIAC. Glad you found out they are getting to mail from the 15th, hopefully something will update in the next couple of days.
VP
VP
Send PM
Roll Call Updated w/ horseboat
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Product/Brand Management, Strategy
Schools:McCombs, Cox, Owen, Eller
GPA: 3.1
WE 1: Investments
Send PM
Everything received on 12/21. Went to review on 1/15, still have heard nothing. Already have interviewed at SMU, Vandy, and Northwestern part-time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the call just now. I am in too. Guys, don't be disheartened by the long wait. I applied in October, interviewed in November and I heard back today.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:UT, UNC, Northwestern, Notre Dame
GPA: 3.5 - NYU Stern Undergrad
WE 1: Boutique Investment Banking - 4 Years
Send PM
austinwriter wrote:
Got the call just now. I am in too. Guys, don't be disheartened by the long wait. I applied in October, interviewed in November and I heard back today.

Congratulations and thanks for the encouragement!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
asimov wrote:
Roll Call Updated w/ horseboat

Hello

please add me in R2. Application on Nov/30, interview on Dec/06. No response yet.

thanks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
Out of curiousity, has anyone not visited AND interviewed locally? I really want to go visit and interview on campus, but the logistics aren't going to work out to do it in the next couple weeks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
unhedged wrote:
Out of curiousity, has anyone not visited AND interviewed locally? I really want to go visit and interview on campus, but the logistics aren't going to work out to do it in the next couple weeks.

You could always schedule a class visit and a lunch on a future date and do the interview locally. You can mention to your interviewer you are planning to visit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
merkin wrote:
horseboat wrote:
Hello aspiring Longhorns! This is my first time posting, so pardon my ignorance. I've read through most of this thread and haven't seen an anwer yet, so thought I'd throw it up to you all.

I submitted my electronic application 1/15. I have had various LORs and transcripts overnighted (with a confirmation) that have arrived the 15th - 25th. Specifically, I overnighted to the GIAC on Whitis Ave, and I used the little document matching form each time. None of these are showing in my status. I called GIAC, and they seemed a little annoyed that I was already asking them about this. I know about the 2-3 weeks they suggest, but I've heard some inspirational stories on here about people calling and getting things done. I was told they are just now geting to mail from the 15th.

I was wondering what sort of experiences other people have had with this. I'm seeing a few people already got interview invites who submitted around the same time as me. How were your transcripts sent? Are there any ways I can politely nudge them to get my stuff together?

I'm in the exact same boat, with respect to transcripts. I have not called them yet but if they still show as missing by this Friday I will probably call the GIAC. Glad you found out they are getting to mail from the 15th, hopefully something will update in the next couple of days.

Just checked for the 10th time today....transcripts finally show.
VP
VP
Send PM
Roll Call Updated w/ austinwriter and superdkny
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Frenz,

Add me to R2 roll call...Applied on 15th Jan.

Grv
Intern
Intern
Schools:Smith, Foster, Kenan-Flagler, McCombs, Freeman
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
I received an interview invite on saturday. does everyone who applies get an invite?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V35
WE 1: 5- hr
Send PM
mstrkrft1 wrote:
I received an interview invite on saturday. does everyone who applies get an invite?

well, I do not think so- I applied on the January 15th and no invite for me yet...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1825 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools:Fuqua
 Q49  V29
Send PM
Applied on 1/15 but until now the status was shown as Pending official transcripts. I was worried whether my application will ever be considered for review because there was some confusion with my official transcripts.

Now my fingers are crossed.......Well finally my application is turned over Graduate Committee for review.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My status has said, "We've received all the items needed to review your application for admission," and it has been like that for almost 2 weeks now. Will my status change again (hopefully soon) to "turned over Graduate Committee for review?" I did have an issue with my transcript but that was cleared up almost 2 weeks ago, and I figure this can't be good my status has stayed stagnant this long. Any insight??
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Michigan 2012
Send PM
catmando wrote:
My status has said, "We've received all the items needed to review your application for admission," and it has been like that for almost 2 weeks now. Will my status change again (hopefully soon) to "turned over Graduate Committee for review?" I did have an issue with my transcript but that was cleared up almost 2 weeks ago, and I figure this can't be good my status has stayed stagnant this long. Any insight??

I'm in the same boat...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
austinwriter wrote:

Congrats Awriter, I'm glad to hear that you're in!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  70