Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 13:44 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Simon '18 (S)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.27
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
varunverma123 wrote:
varunjogi wrote:
any round 3 interview invites? what is the normal timeline for the interview invites?

Last year R3 invites started around 2nd Feb...lets see when it starts this year

The information helps.
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Guys

In case you have missed attending this article on Poets & Quants. Foster has beaten MIT, Northwestern, Duke, Columbia, Ross in terms of "the percentage of its graduating students moving to a technical background". I was super happy to learn this and thought I should share it with you all -

https://poetsandquants.com/2016/01/16/wh ... ba-talent/
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Hello,
I have submitted my application in 3rd Round, but I haven't received any mail from the school.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Guys, We are hosting a webinar for Waitlisted applicants. If any of those who are waitlisted is interested in attending this event, sign up here how-to-get-off-the-mba-waitlist-webinar-by-gmat-club-and-mbamission-212335.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V28
Send PM
Submitted on 1/13/16 for R3, received status update, saying "Your application has been processed and moved into review."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.27
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
asker wrote:
Submitted on 1/13/16 for R3, received status update, saying "Your application has been processed and moved into review."

Yeah..same here..seems pretty much like last year...by monday or tuesday invites should start on rolling basis..
Director
Director
Send PM
varunverma123 wrote:
asker wrote:

Yeah..same here..seems pretty much like last year...by monday or tuesday invites should start on rolling basis..

I received the same e mail. *Fingers crossed*
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
FROM Foster Admissions Blog: Predicting Coffee Demand with a Crystal Ball: My summer internship at Starbucks
This week we have a great post by Peter Kazarian (Class of 2016)! You might remember him from his writeup on the Japan study tour and the 2015 Silicon Valley Tech Trek. Just last summer, Peter had a great opportunity to intern at Starbucks in their channel development department. Read on for more about his experience at one of the most exciting brands in the world!

Peter and other 2015 Starbucks Interns, Day 1. Learning what it means #ToBeAnIntern

Predicting Coffee Demand with a Crystal Ball
That might sound like something out of Harry Potter. But in the plain ol’ world of normal economics, it describes my 10-week internship at Starbucks HQ. At the Starbucks Support Center (aka the “SSC”), the iconic Starbucks green siren lady overlooks Seattle at 2401 Utah St South. Over 3,500 employees walk the halls, typing, sipping and lab-testing our way to caffeine excellence on 6 continents.

How’d I Get There?
How’d I get there? Foster’s On-Campus Recruiting office connected us with Starbucks’ University Recruiting team – and a selected group of classmates interviewed for the pleasure of becoming a “partner,” as all Starbucks employees are known. I got the call and the offer in the middle of my Foster Study Tour in Japan and celebrated a bit too loudly in a hotel lobby for 6am Tokyo time.

The Internship
Internship programs can differ, with some firms hiring based on short term need and budget. Starbucks takes a longer, more deliberate approach. With part MBAs and the rest technical and undergrad interns, there was a formal on-boarding program, weekly meetings with SVP/C-suite leadership, and great experiences like a Sounders game or fancy catered dinners at museums. You also get a free pound of coffee per week, just like if you were a store partner. One of my favorite parts was the connections we were able to form with MBAs from other schools like Kellogg, Booth and Stanford – now good friends of mine who are returning next summer.

My department was under the Channel Development arm of Starbucks, which included Consumer Packaged Goods and anything else not in a Starbucks retail store, like grocery bottled Frappuccinos, licensed stores, and in my case, bulk B2B customers like airlines, hotel chains, restaurants and campus cafes. As part of the Digital and Loyalty team, my main project this summer involved e-commerce enhancements to our B2B team’s website, and forecasting new sales revenue and cost savings from these changes.

The Single Most Helpful Thing
My e-commerce and direct marketing background really helped me understand the data I was working with. Over six years in digital and advertising agencies, running reports, doing quality assurance on microsites, making databases play nice with one another – those were past marketing experiences I could lean on. But I really benefitted from a few specific Foster classes I had taken. Dr. Foad Iravani’s Business Statistics class helped me become more confident at “talking about numbers”, not just reading them. Elizabeth Stearns’ Advertising and Promotions class was great exposure to the artifice and skills that make a good pitch/presentation.

The single most helpful thing wasn’t a class, though. While quarterbacking this complex project between three Starbucks stakeholder teams, I really relied on all the team-focused group work that Foster builds into almost every class. Sure, I was using some technical skills I’d brought with me to Seattle, but things like delegating, project planning, and checking in without micromanaging helped me “land the plane” with a much more complex project than I’d ever done before.

The “Where Are You Going?” Question
And it went great! My initiative (part of a larger plan) received a green light, the final presentation was well received, and I’ll be returning to Starbucks next summer as a Product Manager. Also I got to meet Howard Schultz for like 30 seconds one time. I had a great experience this summer, and I’m lucky to have the “where are you going” question answered early. My Foster classmates and I are happy to head back for the weekly coffee tastings, sample kitchens and food truck pods, once we graduate of course.

Maybe I’ll see you there!

Want to read about more Foster internship experiences? We have a whole category of those!

About the Author

Prior to Foster, Peter Kazarian was a lifelong Californian and veteran of the LA/SF digital/ad agency scene. As a digital strategist, he focused on web strategy, e-commerce and database-driven marketing for major nonprofits like the American Red Cross and the City of Hope cancer treatment center.

After winning a few industry-specific awards, he came to Foster to move fully into consumer marketing on behalf of for-profits. He really enjoys his UW education and bonding with classmates and alums, and he had a great time working at Starbucks HQ doing Brand and Channel marketing this past summer. When not networking or studying, he spends his time cooking, hiking, and going deep in the blogosphere. And trying to adjust to the PNW’s weather and lack of Mexican food.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Guys, anyone with interview invites yet?...Round 3 applicant from India here.
Director
Director
Send PM
jayanthjanardhan wrote:
Guys, anyone with interview invites yet?...Round 3 applicant from India here.

Nope. Even I am waiting to hear from 'em. I think we should wait till Friday.
Director
Director
Send PM
Is there anyone with an interview invite here? Has the school started rolling out the calls ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
GPA: 4
Send PM
Steinbeck wrote:
Is there anyone with an interview invite here? Has the school started rolling out the calls ?

Not yet. Anxious to hear soon though!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V28
Send PM
Submitted on 1/13/2016, received video interview invite today. It's not the formal admission interview, just supplement of the application materials. I felt its similar to Kellogg's video essay.

"
Thank you for applying to the Foster School of Business Full-time MBA Program at the University of Washington. We are currently in the process of reviewing the applications received on January 15th, and you have been selected to participate in a video interview. This is different from an admission interview in that the questions have been pre-recorded and you will record the video on your own time. Once you have completed your video, it will be added to your application for further review. Please note that some candidates who complete the video interview may still be invited to complete a formal admission interview at a later date, as we continue issuing invitations throughout the review period.

The video interview invitation and instructions will be sent out via e-mail later today, and your deadline to complete the video is Wednesday, February 10th. You will find detailed instructions on completing the video interview once you register using the link provided in the e-mail. If you do not receive the invitation e-mail within the next 24 hours, first check your junk mail folder. Gmail users may also want to check the “promotions” tab if the e-mail does not show up in your main inbox.

Thank you again for your interest in Foster. We look forward to getting to know you better!

"
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [0]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
I just received the invite for the video interview which I'll have to complete by the 10th.

Based on the mail, I might also be invited for an admissions interview later on.

Excited! ☺

rnhh wrote:
Steinbeck wrote:

Not yet. Anxious to hear soon though!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
anyone got both video interview and in-person interview? from what i saw in past year posts, not many people move on to get in-person interview after receiving only video interview first
Intern
Intern
Schools: Simon '18 (S)
Send PM
received video interview invite!
Director
Director
Send PM
Same here. Video interview invite!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts