It is currently 22 Aug 2017, 21:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Waitlisted // UCLA Anderson Class of 2017

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling All Waitlisted // UCLA Anderson Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2015, 07:15
Any news guys?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Status: Current Student - UCLA Anderson FEMBA Class of 2018

Kudos [?]: 10 [3] , given: 19

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.87
WE: General Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2015, 17:05
This post received
KUDOS
Officially gave up my spot in Anderson 2017. Hope it helps someone here!

Kudos [?]: 10 [3] , given: 19

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2015, 16:38
anyone heard anything yet? i feel like the school still keeps hundreds of people on the waitlist and there are just a few spots left (ti be optimistic lol)...will they send out release letter to at least part of the wait pool sometime this summer? i just want to hear their final decision, whatever it is :(

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.3
WE: Asset Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2015, 16:18
annie8919 wrote:
anyone heard anything yet? i feel like the school still keeps hundreds of people on the waitlist and there are just a few spots left (ti be optimistic lol)...will they send out release letter to at least part of the wait pool sometime this summer? i just want to hear their final decision, whatever it is :(

I have a strong suspicion that they are keeping a sizable waitlist in anticipation of the summer melt. The means that we might get a call anytime between now and September as people drop out for various reasons.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2015, 13:33
toocrispy wrote:
annie8919 wrote:

I have a strong suspicion that they are keeping a sizable waitlist in anticipation of the summer melt. The means that we might get a call anytime between now and September as people drop out for various reasons.

I haven't looked at past years to see what kind of "melt" behavior exists but I would have imagined must of that volatility would have occurred between rounds 2 and 3.....

That said how many of you have/are starting on next year's app?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1015 [0], given: 548

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2015, 23:36
csi wrote:
toocrispy wrote:
annie8919 wrote:

I haven't looked at past years to see what kind of "melt" behavior exists but I would have imagined must of that volatility would have occurred between rounds 2 and 3.....

Guys can anybody explain what is "melt" behavior ? :shock:

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Kudos [?]: 1015 [0], given: 548

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2015, 11:37
kinjiGC wrote:
csi wrote:
toocrispy wrote:

Guys can anybody explain what is "melt" behavior ? :shock:

"Melt behavior" probably isn't the proper term, but melt is the trickle of people moving from school to school. Essentially a student may elect to matriculate at one school but remain on a waitlist for another. If that student on the waitlist gains acceptance, he/she may elect to leave the school they currently are admitted at to attend the other institution. I've heard of people changing schools even a week into given school year.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2015, 11:54
Anyone heard anything from the admission office yet? My friend said she just got a call from the admission office and they mentioned that waitlist candidates will hear more updates next week or so? Kinda nervous now...

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 102

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2015, 07:53
annie8919 wrote:
Anyone heard anything from the admission office yet? My friend said she just got a call from the admission office and they mentioned that waitlist candidates will hear more updates next week or so? Kinda nervous now...

I am an admitted Anderson FT student. In the next two weeks, admitted students will receive our initial financial aid packages. I assume that once students receive the initial packages and see where they stand financially, you may start to see some students balk on the offer. Don't give up hope. Last year's thread had people admitted off of the waitlist just a few days before the school year started.

If you can't be first, be ahead of who's second.

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 102

Manager
Manager

Calling All Waitlisted // UCLA Anderson Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2015, 17:52
Good luck all.

Rd1 WLer here and I just finally got my ding.

Emailed: Decision release 4:37 PST 8/6/2015

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 26

Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2015, 18:34
csi wrote:
Good luck all.

Rd1 WLer here and I just finally got my ding.

Emailed: Decision release 4:37 PST 8/6/2015

Same here. I'm happy it's over.

Anyone know if it's too late to ask for feedback?

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 26

Re: Calling All Waitlisted // UCLA Anderson Class of 2017   [#permalink] 06 Aug 2015, 18:34

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 31 posts ]