GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Nov 2019, 22:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Wharton EMBA Applicants(Ph/SF) 2018 Intake Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Affiliations: SPG
Re: Calling all Wharton EMBA Applicants(Ph/SF) 2018 Intake Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 07:36
Top Contributor
Hi folks, Has anyone heard anything as of today - 3/23 (10:30 am-ish)?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.7
Calling all Wharton EMBA Applicants(Ph/SF) 2018 Intake Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 08:00
dimitri92 wrote:
Hi folks, Has anyone heard anything as of today - 3/23 (10:30 am-ish)?

West Coast applicant here. Nothing yet for me. I've looked around for other forums where folks may be posting and I haven't been able to find one like this. A twitter search doesn't find much - no one seems to be announcing their admission there, either.

Very hard to read the tea leaves on this. Note that, at least as far as this post is concerned, no one began posting about their acceptance until January 23rd - a day before the official announcement. It's possible that the admissions folks ask admitted students to keep it under their hat until the last minute. Or it's certainly possible that I'm reading too much into that.

Looks like wait and see is the best policy.

Best of luck to all. Here's hoping someone reading this has an especially-great Friday.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.45
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Wharton EMBA Applicants(Ph/SF) 2018 Intake Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 10:00
Personally, i highly doubt the committee saying, "hey you, here is a secret: you're in, but don't announce it yet".
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 10:18
sanfrancisco wrote:
Personally, i highly doubt the committee saying, "hey you, here is a secret: you're in, but don't announce it yet".

Agreed. Pure speculation on my part above. Just trying to think of some reason why admits are stating their admission came on January 17/18 but didn't post until the 23rd. Plenty of other possible reasons for the delay, though.

Are there any R1 admits out there who would be willing to shed some more light on how the admissions notification process worked? More than a few of your (possible) future classmates would love to know.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Calling all Wharton EMBA Applicants(Ph/SF) 2018 Intake Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 19:24
Hey Guys - Anyone heard anything?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 08:57
Top Contributor
any news today? Did someone get a call? Goodluck everyone! Can someone, who has already been admitted give details of the call? Does someone from the Admissions email you before calling you or is it a call that just comes in without a formal notification? Does it comes on Friday or do people start getting the calls on Monday and Tuesday before the decision day (Wednesday)?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 09:40
dimitri92 wrote:
any news today? Did someone get a call? Goodluck everyone! Can someone, who has already been admitted give details of the call? Does someone from the Admissions email you before calling you or is it a call that just comes in without a formal notification? Does it comes on Friday or do people start getting the calls on Monday and Tuesday before the decision day (Wednesday)?

Nope. No call yet. Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 09:46
I'm posting this to hopefully lessen everyone's anxiety. I'm a former student. I received my call 2 days before the actual date (I actually received my call on a Saturday). Some other classmates received a call earlier, some received a call later. I also had a number of classmates that said they never received a call at all, but were admitted only after looking on the website. Please don't read too much into when/if you receive a call, everyone will know this week. I hope this helps at least someone sleep better over the next two nights.

Best of luck to all!
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 13:54
DeltaOfOne wrote:
I'm posting this to hopefully lessen everyone's anxiety. I'm a former student. I received my call 2 days before the actual date (I actually received my call on a Saturday). Some other classmates received a call earlier, some received a call later. I also had a number of classmates that said they never received a call at all, but were admitted only after looking on the website. Please don't read too much into when/if you receive a call, everyone will know this week. I hope this helps at least someone sleep better over the next two nights.

Best of luck to all!

Which website to look - Where I submitted the application ?
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.45
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 13:57
Yes, applyWeb
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 14:05
anyone heard?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 14:12
OK. Spoke to the current student ( graduating within a month or so ) and he said, he heard via phone on the day they had promised to communicate . Interestingly, he said, if you get-in ...you would receive a phone call and if didn't, then you would be informed via e-mail :)

He didn't mention anything about checking over website .

Well, I don't read too much since it's individual's experience as how did they get to know....and could be totally different so ... I will wait for one more day ( officially it's 28th I guess ) before worrying too much.

Best of luck guys !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 17:00
Hey Guys - Anyone from R2 heard anything (as of Tuesday 5:00PM PST)?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 07:49
Top Contributor
March 28, 11:00 AM Eastern: Did anyone hear anything or get an update at the website?

Wharton's online page has timings associated with Submission of Application - i.e. - "11:59 p.m. PST"; However, there is no time mentioned against the Decision Release Dates for R1 and R2.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 07:58
dimitri92 wrote:
March 28, 11:00 AM Eastern: Did anyone hear anything or get an update at the website?

Wharton's online page has timings associated with Submission of Application - i.e. - "11:59 p.m. PST"; However, there is no time mentioned against the Decision Release Dates for R1 and R2.

Per Wharton EMBA website:

"Admissions decisions are announced online; you can view the decision by logging into your online application account after 5:00 p.m. ET (Philadelphia applicants) and 5:00 p.m. PT (San Francisco applicants) on the decision release date."

Good luck Dimitri!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GPA: 3.94

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 11:49
Did anyone hear back on R2 decisions? SF or Philly?
Current Student
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.75
WE: Consulting (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 13:14
Nothing yet, I guess did not make the cut.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 13:40
...............And Admitted !!! Wow!!! What a relief ... Looking forward to meet the SF Guys !
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 13:41
Congratulations, well done! How did the notice come?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 28 Mar 2018, 13:45
seekingdelta wrote:
Congratulations, well done! How did the notice come?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

EMAIL - Receive the email with a link that took me to a PDF document ( welcome letter )

Originally posted by amsey1382 on 28 Mar 2018, 13:43.
Last edited by amsey1382 on 28 Mar 2018, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all Wharton EMBA Applicants(Ph/SF) 2018 Intake Class of 2020   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2018, 13:43

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 147 posts ] 

Calling all Wharton EMBA Applicants(Ph/SF) 2018 Intake Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: xprometheusx