Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 01:29 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.47
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance: HF/IM
Schools:Haas R1, Sloan R1, Anderson R2, Wharton R2, Booth R2
 Q41  V47 GMAT 2: 730  Q47  V44
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:HBS, Wharton, Columbia, Kellogg
 Q49  V40
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
Just had my interview with an alum yesterday. Here is a list of questions that I remember:

-Why did choose your current profession?
-Why did you decide to work for xxx company?
-How has your perception of your current job changed since you started?
-Why MBA / why Wharton?
-What would be the biggest challenge if you were called on by the professor to talk about your experience working on xxx project?
-What extra curriculars do you participate in?
-Tell me something that is not on your resume that I should know about you
-Asked about my experience with founding a club at my undergrad

Overall it was extremely relaxed and very conversational which made it really easy to tell my story / convey my desire to attend Wharton.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
Roll Call Updated

Please add me to roll call, R2, invited to interview. thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I've been trying to push this question out of my head, but it won't go, so I just thought I'd get your opinions on this:

For those who were invited very very late in the interview invitation window, does it mean they are not as high up in the adcom's "priority-list" as those who were invited earlier on?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Ivey, INSEAD, Columbia (no, im joking, not this many)
Send PM
Reality wrote:
I've been trying to push this question out of my head, but it won't go, so I just thought I'd get your opinions on this:

For those who were invited very very late in the interview invitation window, does it mean they are not as high up in the adcom's "priority-list" as those who were invited earlier on?

naw... that's blasphemy.... this may apply to Harvard who releases all of their invites in one day, but not here. I think you're over analyzing the situation. Instead, I'd spend this time on interview preparation if I were you. At the end of the day, no matter the answer to your question above, you're still gonna put your best foot forward, so really... your question is irrelevant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
poshmaster wrote:
Reality wrote:

naw... that's blasphemy.... this may apply to Harvard who releases all of their invites in one day, but not here. I think you're over analyzing the situation. Instead, I'd spend this time on interview preparation if I were you. At the end of the day, no matter the answer to your question above, you're still gonna put your best foot forward, so really... your question is irrelevant.

I know my question is not productive - it's not gonna change anything and I'm still gonna give the interview my very best shot. But even then, it makes me wonder whether I stand an equal chance...

For example, by the time I was invited, all the HUB interview spots were already taken...and I don't think that's fair...every invited applicant must get equal opportunity to select between a hub or alumni interview...so it kind of seems like people who got an invite before me were given the luxury of choice (b/w hub and interview)...

But yeah, I agree, I probably am over-analyzing the situation...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I need some advice on how to schedule alumni interview. I searched for alumni and found 3 of them. I wrote with tentative date and time and asking her to change. Never heard back and system shows
my name,
when,
where:Alumni Interview

What does that mean? My interviewer is yet to confirm? If not, how to chase or can I find another alumni?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
 Q49  V38
Send PM
mittalankur wrote:
I need some advice on how to schedule alumni interview. I searched for alumni and found 3 of them. I wrote with tentative date and time and asking her to change. Never heard back and system shows
my name,
when,
where:Alumni Interview

What does that mean? My interviewer is yet to confirm? If not, how to chase or can I find another alumni?

Did you "confirm" on the system BEFORE the Alumnus agreed to interview you over email/phone? If yes, you did it incorrectly. The system had clearly asked you to confirm date/time with an alumnus before you do it online.

You were supposed to 1) search 2) get max 9 email IDs 3) contact them one by one 4) get response from one of them 5) confirm date/time with him/her 6) confirmed him/her on the system and put the date/time there.

If anyone else disagrees, please write in. I am doing an alumni interview and did the above and no issues so far. I'll be speaking to her this tuesday.

If everyone agrees you did the sequence incorrectly, I recommend calling up adcom asap.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, I did that mistake :( I need to call adcom and check further process. Thanks for your reply.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Schools: Stern '13 (M)
Send PM
Anyone have a lauder interview yet? Do they ask the same questions as the Wharton interview?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
mittalankur wrote:
Yes, I did that mistake :( I need to call adcom and check further process. Thanks for your reply.

Another thing I would add is, when you speak to Ad-Com take responsibility for your mistake. Do not beat around the bush or try to pass the blame on any of the alumni members. Be honest, and speak the truth.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yeh sure.. thanks for advice, it was indeed my mistake
Manager
Manager
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Could someone list out a few interesting questions to ask an alumnus at the end of the interview? I have 2-3 questions prepared but need more in case my interviewee is talkative (I hope!) and is looking for me to ask more.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
KarBare33 wrote:
Just had my interview with an alum yesterday. Here is a list of questions that I remember:

-Why did choose your current profession?
-Why did you decide to work for xxx company?
-How has your perception of your current job changed since you started?
-Why MBA / why Wharton?
-What would be the biggest challenge if you were called on by the professor to talk about your experience working on xxx project?
-What extra curriculars do you participate in?
-Tell me something that is not on your resume that I should know about you
-Asked about my experience with founding a club at my undergrad

Overall it was extremely relaxed and very conversational which made it really easy to tell my story / convey my desire to attend Wharton.

more questions from https://essaycritique.blogspot.com:

More Interview Tips from Recent Interview Experiences

Folks,

Based on what we are hearing from our clients who are interviewing at HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Ross, Duke, Booth, Kellogg, LBS, etc., some new interview tips for you.

Before you go, a few reminders to be prepared...

- To speak to each experience on your resume in detail, if asked to, and don't be caught by surprise when asked to deep dive on a extra curricular hidden away at the bottom of your resume
- To introspect and explain what your REAL weaknesses are when asked - 7 of 10 people say they "over commit" and are "perfectionists"
- For a probing / not so casual interview, especially if you are interviewing with Ad Com at any school
- To discuss why you chose the academic track that you did or the undergraduate university that you did
- To discuss why you switched careers or companies if you did
- To explain your short term and long term goals in the context of your experiences
- To explain a major accomplishment in any specific role
- To discuss behavioral situations that applied in various professional and community experiences - e.g., tell me about a time when you faced conflict in company xyz

Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
should i send a friendly reminder to the interviewer one day before the interview?

Nath99
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate, Grad w/ Highest Honors
Own Kudos [?]: 288 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:Chicago Booth R2 (WL), Wharton R2 w/ int, Kellogg R2 w/ int
GMAT 2: 680  Q44  V38
GPA: 3.877
WE 1: Global Operations (Futures & Portfolio Financing) - Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
WE 2: Investment Analyst (Credit strategies) - Fund of Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
Send PM
nath99 wrote:
should i send a friendly reminder to the interviewer one day before the interview?

Nath99

I think so, better that then showing up and getting blown off. I'm taking a day off from work and driving out to a suburb for my interview. I am definitely going to send a reminder.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Maybe better to word it as a confirmation than reminder?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate, Grad w/ Highest Honors
Own Kudos [?]: 288 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:Chicago Booth R2 (WL), Wharton R2 w/ int, Kellogg R2 w/ int
GMAT 2: 680  Q44  V38
GPA: 3.877
WE 1: Global Operations (Futures & Portfolio Financing) - Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
WE 2: Investment Analyst (Credit strategies) - Fund of Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
Send PM
csino wrote:
Maybe better to word it as a confirmation than reminder?

Everyone should use discretion when communicating it to your respective interviewer but no matter what it may be called, its still a reminder.

When final results are released, are they all submitted on the same day (March 26th) or is it rolling? Can a R1 please clarify?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  69   70   71   72   73  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts