Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 12:41 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
It is exam week so everyone is either super busy or already in "spring break" mode.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Wharton (Rd 2 - Interview), Kellogg (Rd 2 - Interview), Anderson (Rd 2 - Interview), Booth (Rd 2)
 Q49  V44
WE 1: 5 years in software engineering
Send PM
Hi,

I have interviewed with Wharton already for R2. When I check my application status online though, I still see "Invited to Interview." Is this what I should expect to see until the final decision date later this month?

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
edman688 wrote:
Hi,

I have interviewed with Wharton already for R2. When I check my application status online though, I still see "Invited to Interview." Is this what I should expect to see until the final decision date later this month?

Thanks!

Yes.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
A great set of tips from an alumni interviewer on BW:

"this is probably a little late for u but some free advice for everyone else. i'm really surprised how different the interview looks from outside than from the inside. i'm an alumni interviewer, did 6 this last round. i won't tell u exactly what guidelines adcom gives, there's a lot and some is pretty specific. interviewers are looking for specific qualities no matter what question they ask. we might probe into areas that concern us, but i've been seeing candidates that just really miss the ball, even though we give them chances to answer. it's not a stress interview, it's really a time for the candidate to show off their best stuff.
tips:
1. DO NOT RAMBLE. even if your answers suck, if the candidate sticks to structured answers, they'll get the benefit of the doubt. rambling = interpreted as unable to grasp and communicate main ideas.
2. Frame your answers. numbering your points generally scores points.
3. leadership stories matter. it's up to you to make sure those get told no matter what question gets answered.
4. know your transitions/'why i made these decisions' down cold. how you reason demonstrates your judgement, your maturity and insight.
5. describe processes. how you got from A to B. mba is highly concerned with breaking down problems into pieces.
6. show that you're a person who's going somewhere in life. passion, energy & direction.
a typical interviewer can get a lot of this out of a 'walk through resume', why mba, goals, why wharton. pre-know where weaknesses/perceived resume stereotypes are and speak to them proactively to pre-empt interviewer concerns before they bring it up.
hope that helps, good luck y'all!!"

Original location: https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=83540
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
A great set of tips from an alumni interviewer on BW:

"this is probably a little late for u but some free advice for everyone else. i'm really surprised how different the interview looks from outside than from the inside. i'm an alumni interviewer, did 6 this last round. i won't tell u exactly what guidelines adcom gives, there's a lot and some is pretty specific. interviewers are looking for specific qualities no matter what question they ask. we might probe into areas that concern us, but i've been seeing candidates that just really miss the ball, even though we give them chances to answer. it's not a stress interview, it's really a time for the candidate to show off their best stuff.
tips:
1. DO NOT RAMBLE. even if your answers suck, if the candidate sticks to structured answers, they'll get the benefit of the doubt. rambling = interpreted as unable to grasp and communicate main ideas.
2. Frame your answers. numbering your points generally scores points.
3. leadership stories matter. it's up to you to make sure those get told no matter what question gets answered.
4. know your transitions/'why i made these decisions' down cold. how you reason demonstrates your judgement, your maturity and insight.
5. describe processes. how you got from A to B. mba is highly concerned with breaking down problems into pieces.
6. show that you're a person who's going somewhere in life. passion, energy & direction.
a typical interviewer can get a lot of this out of a 'walk through resume', why mba, goals, why wharton. pre-know where weaknesses/perceived resume stereotypes are and speak to them proactively to pre-empt interviewer concerns before they bring it up.
hope that helps, good luck y'all!!"

Original location: https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=83540

Wonderful, spot-on advice.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Solid advice as i retrospect my W int a few days ago. Now the excruciating wait begins!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Those who did their interviews, I hope you guys crushed them! I think most of the R2 interviews are done, so the question is in regards to the final decision (IN, dinged, WL)

This question may have been answered, but I went looking back previous 5 pages, and couldn't find the answer.

Do Wharton release final decisions on March 26th, or do they start release decisions soon leading up to March 26th? My hunch is the latter, but if so, I am most curious when they start doing that... so I can have my portable defib right next to me and have my e-mail and cell phone on a lock-down mode...

thanks a bunch
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate, Grad w/ Highest Honors
Own Kudos [?]: 288 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:Chicago Booth R2 (WL), Wharton R2 w/ int, Kellogg R2 w/ int
GMAT 2: 680  Q44  V38
GPA: 3.877
WE 1: Global Operations (Futures & Portfolio Financing) - Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
WE 2: Investment Analyst (Credit strategies) - Fund of Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
Send PM
At the end of my interview....my interviewer actually said he was going to write a positive review of me. Did anyone else have this experience? I wasn't sure if it was something common.....
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Global Operations (Futures & Portfolio Financing) - Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
WE 2: Investment Analyst (Credit strategies) - Fund of Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
Send PM
pulandasu wrote:
Those who did their interviews, I hope you guys crushed them! I think most of the R2 interviews are done, so the question is in regards to the final decision (IN, dinged, WL)

This question may have been answered, but I went looking back previous 5 pages, and couldn't find the answer.

Do Wharton release final decisions on March 26th, or do they start release decisions soon leading up to March 26th? My hunch is the latter, but if so, I am most curious when they start doing that... so I can have my portable defib right next to me and have my e-mail and cell phone on a lock-down mode...

thanks a bunch

From what I have gathered the vast majority of decisions are released on the 26th with some decisions being released 1 or 2 days before the deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
robertrdzak wrote:
At the end of my interview....my interviewer actually said he was going to write a positive review of me. Did anyone else have this experience? I wasn't sure if it was something common.....

Definitely not! I envy you that. My interviewer seemed cool but she was definitely an old hand (has been interviewing for Wharton and/or MBB for the last eight years), perfect poker face, her reply to my thank you note very even-keeled -- and hence I have no idea how I did. I rambled though (see excellent advice above) so I can't stop second-guessing how it went. Glad yours seems to have gone really well!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
robertrdzak wrote:
pulandasu wrote:

thanks a bunch

From what I have gathered the vast majority of decisions are released on the 26th with some decisions being released 1 or 2 days before the deadline.

Thanks a lot. I guess I can put my mind at ease til 24th or so then
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Aenigma wrote:
robertrdzak wrote:

Definitely not! I envy you that. My interviewer seemed cool but she was definitely an old hand (has been interviewing for Wharton and/or MBB for the last eight years), perfect poker face, her reply to my thank you note very even-keeled -- and hence I have no idea how I did. I rambled though (see excellent advice above) so I can't stop second-guessing how it went. Glad yours seems to have gone really well!

Well I actually went fishing for feedback and he took it....I was freaking out in my mind as my interview was really tough....sounded like yours....and i was trying to figure out how bad I did. That said, I'm sure you did great. In fact I bet 75% of interviewers write positive reviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Ross R2
GPA: 3.0
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Private Equity
Send PM
Please add me to the roll call

Applied: 1/5/2010 (Rd 2)
Interview invitation: 2/15/2010
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Corporate Finance
Send PM
Joining the party a bit late. Please count me in for R2 applicants batch.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
While we're in the middle of waiting, I would like to test the box theory in R2. Since the interview invite I keep seeing three boxes on mywharton:

Create a myWharton MBA Account
Recommendations Received
View Your Decision

Does anyone see anything different after you have completed your interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg Wharton
 Q51  V41
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
While we're in the middle of waiting, I would like to test the box theory in R2. Since the interview invite I keep seeing three boxes on mywharton:

Recommendations Received
View Your Decision

I see
Application Submitted (mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss PM)
Recommendations Received
View Your Decision

Not sure that's any different.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:

Recommendations Received
View Your Decision

I don't want to encourage the mass hysteria over boxes that I saw earlier on this thread for R1, but just for the purpose of data points, I have 4 boxes.

Application Submitted
Recommendations Received
View Your Decision
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  72   73   74   75   76  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts