Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 13:08 It is currently 10 May 2024, 13:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate, Grad w/ Highest Honors
Own Kudos [?]: 288 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:Chicago Booth R2 (WL), Wharton R2 w/ int, Kellogg R2 w/ int
GMAT 2: 680  Q44  V38
GPA: 3.877
WE 1: Global Operations (Futures & Portfolio Financing) - Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
WE 2: Investment Analyst (Credit strategies) - Fund of Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Wharton!!! Stern Columbia HBS
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
mba2012lfh wrote:
I really don't think the box theory applies at this stage in the game... I had four boxes before I had my interview. From the round one discussions, it looks like the infamous fifth box was really the teller, and that showed up 2-3 days before the decision date.

I also would love to assume that they will have gotten it fixed prior to R2 decisions, especially since it seemed like they fixed some of it after the problem was first noticed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Stern '13 (M)
Send PM
hmm, I actually never logged into the myWharton thing before this. I wonder if that is bad.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I thought I would make a separate thread on this, since it was such a huge issue for Wharton applicants during Round 1. Have we gotten confirmation on whether or not the box issue has been fixed? I would have to imagine so given the outcry over the issue last round. Would be curious to hear the thoughts of someone who has more insights into this. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
hey all....nothing to do with the box theory...but wanted to hear folks thoughts on getting alums calling adcom for you. Does it make any difference/hold any weight to get alums (not rec'ders) to call or shoot an email for you? no hot shot alums but junior to high levels execs at PE or hedge funds?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
mba2010please wrote:
hey all....nothing to do with the box theory...but wanted to hear folks thoughts on getting alums calling adcom for you. Does it make any difference/hold any weight to get alums (not rec'ders) to call or shoot an email for you? no hot shot alums but junior to high levels execs at PE or hedge funds?

You need to be really careful about that because people could perceive such recommendation in both positive and negative way. Frankly speaking I do not think an alumi recommendation at this stage will add more weight but definitely at a risk of you being protraited as "lack of confidence".
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hpz wrote:
mba2010please wrote:

You need to be really careful about that because people could perceive such recommendation in both positive and negative way. Frankly speaking I do not think an alumi recommendation at this stage will add more weight but definitely at a risk of you being protraited as "lack of confidence".

I disagree. I was involved in a Wharton chat room a few weeks back with an admissions officer and she said adcom really appreciates alumni opinion and would gladly incorporate any extra information/letters to an applicants file. That said, I do agree that it's a bit late to send any new information.
Intern
Intern
WE 1: IT
Send PM
Please add me to the roll call as one of those waiting patiently for a decision on the 26th of March.

Has anyone discovered a technique to dull the suspense? Meditation perhaps? :wink:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools:HBS R2, Stanford R2, Wharton R2, Columbia RD, Tuck R2, Darden R2, Texas R2
Send PM
ZedLep wrote:

Has anyone discovered a technique to dull the suspense? Meditation perhaps? :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYqnoULgD30

Inpisrational advice from someone who left us far too young......
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Business Administration & Economics
Schools:Wharton (R1 WL), Booth (R1 WL, R2 accepted), Duke (R1 accedpted), Kellogg (Ding w/IV), Columbia (Ding w/o IV), LBS (R2 app)
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
Someone in BW said that he saw a change in his boxes....here is the post:

"Hi, R1 Wler....Just checked my "mywharton" page....I went now from 4 boxes to 3 boxes:

Create account
app submitted
recs received
The "view your decision" box went away.

Any one else with similar changes? Anyone with 4 or 5 boxes? ....Does this change mean anything???

Comments are welcome!!"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
Mine has done the same thing.

My guess is that one of two things will happen in the next few weeks:

1. All our accounts will have three boxes until decisions are out, meaning that Wharton has identified and fixed the give-away glitch; or

2. Some accounts will change a couple of days before decisions are out, meaning, incredibly, that Wharton has not fixed the glitch.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Schools:Wharton!!! Stern Columbia HBS
Send PM
Mine also only has 3 boxes now. I also noticed that when you log into the ApplyYourself page, there's no longer a link to your "decision" which used to link to a pop-up stating that I had been invited to interview.

I sincerely hope they fixed the glitch--otherwise I will literally go insane on the 24/25/26. 15 days friends. 15 days.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
I see only 3 boxes now!The create my account, application submitted, and recommendations received boxes!! The view your decision box is gone! anyone else see this? any idea what this means??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
What is the glitch? I'm not sure I understand...can someone please explain this to me? Thanks!
Current Student
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey bud, what are you waiting for exactly? Interviews for round 2 have been completed. R2 applicants will find out AdCom's decision on the 26th of March.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
same here. I could see 4 yesterday 3 today :(. unless this has happened to everyone (so they fixed the issues) this doesnt look good.

nath
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Folks, please relax. Since this is universal, I don't think it's time yet to start freakin out. The time will come on 03/24/10.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Wharton (Accepted R2), HBS (Accepted R2)
Send PM
I'm also down to 3 boxes.

wow the wait after the interview is way more stressful than before the interview!! 14 days to go...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  73   74   75   76   77  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts