Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:05 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2016 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: The Booth Professor and India's Path to Growth

Taking leave from his position as Distinguished Service Professor of Finance at Chicago Booth in 2013 to become Governor of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuran G. Rajan gained global recognition as “one of the best central bank governors worldwide.” In June 2016, Rajan announced that he will leave that position when his term expires in September to rejoin the University of Chicago Booth School of Business faculty. Read more.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2016 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Hear How Katerina Gains Confidence With A Trial MBA Course

Katerina Steele was six years out of college and at a point in life when many people start wondering whether business school might be the right path for them. Working in advertising at AbelsonTaylor, however, meant she was in an industry where an MBA was not required. It was a question then of how to invest her time. She wanted what would be most useful for her career. Would it be better to seek out a stretch project at work and invest her time that way, or would a more formal learning path be the smartest approach?

And yet the question had an additional layer of complexity to it. As a senior account executive, her schedule was already, by her own account, unreasonable. Whether she’d even have time to pursue a business degree was a definite question. How would it affect her ability to perform at work? Would she have time ever to see her boyfriend? Enrolling at the Graham School Graduate Student-At-Large: Business (GSALB) was therefore a trial run for Katerina. Over a two-year period she took two classes, both of which happened to coincide with some of the busiest months of her career until then. In the end, her success proved to her that she could do it. And what was more, the classes she took at the GSALB confirmed for her that business school was something she wanted to pursue.

As part of the University of Chicago, the GSALB program mirrors the institution’s core values and encourages the same level of intellectual curiosity and academic confidence within its students. Though she sometimes calls it leverage, she admits that it was the confidence she gained in the GSALB program that allowed her to sit down with her manager and let him know that business school was something she truly wanted. “I sat down with him and told him that I’d need to switch departments because of the time commitments,” she explains. “I wouldn’t have had that confidence without the classes I’d already taken through GSALB.” And it paid off. In fact, rather than switching departments, her manager offered to dial back her workload in her current department. Today, Katerina is associate director of business development and analysis at AbelsonTaylor and preparing to finish her MBA in Booth’s Evening MBA Program in 2016.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Sharpen Your Sales Skills: Booth professor offers new course on Coursera

Ever wonder how to convince someone that your idea is the right one, or maybe you’re curious about how to acquire more customers and grow your business? Both questions are examples of different types of sales situations. Even though you may not be in sales, selling is a life skill applicable to many different aspects of business. Chicago Booth’s clinical professor of entrepreneurship, Craig Wortmann, launched a new course on Coursera called “Sales Strategies: Mastering the Selling Process.” Designed for career changers, entrepreneurs, or sales professionals, this five-week course will give you a sampling of the frameworks, approach to problem solving, and critical skills that you learn a Booth MBA class. Find out more.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Hear How Katerina Gains Confidence WIth A Trial MBA Course
Katerina Steele was six years out of college and at a point in life when many people start wondering whether business school might be the right path for them.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Sharpen Your Sales Skills: Booth professor offers new course on Coursera
Ever wonder how to convince someone that your idea is the right one, or maybe you’re curious about how to acquire more customers and grow your business?
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Weekend Warriors: Booth's Weekend MBA Program Celebrates 30 Years
Alumni and faculty across generations discuss the power of the Weekend MBA Program as it celebrates its 30th anniversary
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: What to Expect Year One
Getting your MBA part-time while continuing to work comes with many questions off the bat: How will this affect my work? What will I do if I'm overwhelmed with homework? How do I get involved with school activities outside the classroom? Will I still be able to play in my Thursday night basketball league?
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: 5 Tips (and a few secrets) from the Director of Admissions
Curious about whether to take the GRE or the GMAT? Wondering which quarter gives you a better chance of admission? Our Director of Admissions, Kara Northcutt, has answers to these questions and more.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Immediate Impact: Putting your Booth MBA to Work
Product manager Kedaresh Deshpande '16 is designing better products and helping his company get rid of unprofitable inventory using tools he’s learning in Chicago Booth’s Evening MBA Program: “We expedited our product rationalization process to discontinue unprofitable products before the technology became obsolete, which helped improve our margins significantly.”
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: From Medicine to an MBA: A University of Chicago Graham School Story
Some Booth students experience a Chicago Booth course before applying through the Graham School's Graduate Student at Large Business Program (GSALB). By attending a class taught by Booth faculty, with Booth students, and in a Booth classroom, these students were able to confidently pursue their MBAs. This is Peter's story.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Community
yes
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Evening Student Insight
yes
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Combining Medicine, Business, and Sports
Dr. Ari Levy, '10 brings a new focus to wellness.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Too Young for an MBA? Booth Disagrees.
You’re young, eager, and intelligent, with a strong work ethic and drive for success. You’re everything a business school should want out of an MBA prospect– until you find out are too young or inexperienced for most MBA programs. Quite frankly, we don’t think that is fair.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Booth Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Booth Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Booth Forum for all fresh things related to the Booth MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts