Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:14 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2016 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
jzeng wrote:
Pizzahut wrote:
I was accepted for Spring 2016 CBF, but will be deferring to Fall 2016 CBF due to some issues at work, looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Hey Pizzahut, could you tell us when you applied & interviewed and when you heard back from the school? I also applied to the spring program but haven't heard anything yet.

I submitted on Jan 8 and interviewed on the Dec CBF day, I think CBF might be a different admissions group yielding a different response time, I heard back last week. They have said 4-6 weeks frequently and that you can call them if you need a sooner response!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2016 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Get to know the students at Chicago Booth’s Evening MBA and Weekend MBA Programs

Students at Booth come from a wide variety of backgrounds and contribute to a rich and active community. From engineers, and product managers, consultants, and brand managers, to financial analysts and those interested in entrepreneurship and tech, there’s someone with similar interests to you at Booth. Whether you’re early on in your career, or have more experience, as you explore Booth’s Evening MBA or Weekend MBA Program we invite you to get to know some of our students and see what it would be like to experience Chicago Booth.

[youtube2]iframe>

Get to know more of the students in the Chicago Booth community.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Scrum Alliance
Own Kudos [?]: 169 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
I missed my Spring 2016 deadline due to some personal issues. Now targeting Autumn 2016 intake.

Deadline is in May 2016.

Originally posted by hideyoshi on 01 Feb 2016, 08:15.
Last edited by hideyoshi on 02 Mar 2016, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hey guys, I just got accepted to the Spring part-time! Turned in my application on Jan.4 and interviewed on Jan.16! Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Just was accepted to the Spring CBF Program!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Is anyone in the process of applying to the Fall Weekend CBF program? I just signed up for the April 30th interview day.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Most Frequently Asked Evening MBA and Weekend MBA Admissions Questions

Whether you’re considering starting your application, or are prepping for your admissions interview, we know that there are many admissions questions that often come up. Members of the Evening MBA and Weekend MBA admissions team compiled the top 5 most frequently asked questions to help assist during your admissions journey.

How will my application be evaluated?

Each applicant is reviewed individually in three parts, all weighed equally: academics (including the undergraduate institution, courses taken, grades earned, post-college work, and the GMAT/GRE test score), work experience (including quality and quantity of the applicant's career path), and life experience (community service, leadership). All applicants to the Evening MBA Program are required to interview with a member of the Admissions Committee—current students, alumni, or staff.

Will Booth waive my GMAT or GRE requirement? What if I already have an advanced degree?

Yes, all applicants for the Evening MBA Program are required to submit GMAT or GRE test scores—even if you have an advanced degree. Neither test is favored more over the other. If you have previously taken the GMAT or GRE, keep in mind test scores are valid for five years. The LSAT and MCAT are not accepted. 80th% for GMAT scores are 620-750.

When can I expect to hear back on my admissions decision?

On average, the decision timeline is four to six weeks. This timeline starts when you submit all of your materials, not when you come in for your admissions interview.

When and what time would I take classes?

Classes in the Evening MBA Program meet Monday through Friday. Your class will meet one night a week from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. for approximately 11 weeks at the Gleacher Center in downtown Chicago. Most students who are enrolled in the Evening MBA Program live and/or work in or around Chicago.

Classes in the Weekend MBA Program meet on Saturdays, with the opportunity to take classes on Friday’s. Your classes will meet one day each week from either 9 am-12pm or 1:30pm-4pm at the Gleacher Center in downtown Chicago. 75% of the students enrolled in the Weekend MBA Program commute from outside of Chicago weekly to attend class.

Depending on your individual schedule, you have the flexibility to choose when and how often you take classes. On average, it takes most students two and a half years to complete the Evening MBA Program or Weekend MBA Program; allowing for a quarter off or a reduction of courses per quarter. Students have up to five years to complete the program. Students have up to five years to complete the program.

Have additional questions?

We are always here to help guide you through your admissions journey, and welcome your questions. To get started you can visit our FAQ’s page, or review previous admissions chat transcripts. Please feel free to reach out to the admissions email hotline (eveningweekend-admissions@chicagobooth.edu), or give us a call at 312.464.8660.

As you’re exploring the Evening MBA and Weekend MBA Programs, get to know the stories of a few of our current students and alumni.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
kylesoumar wrote:
Just was accepted to the Spring CBF Program!

For those being accepted (especially in CBF), if you could provide some stats (even by PM) that would be SO appreciated! Wondering if someone (not me) with a 3.0 GPA / 660 GMAT has a chance... Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Friends,

I am admitted to Booth Weekend MBA program (Spring 2016). I am live in Boston.

Two things:
- I am calling for the students of Weekend Spring 2016 class to connect with them.
- I am also looking for other weekend candidates that travel from Boston to Chicago every week and want to connect with them.

Thanks
AB

PS: Moderators, I am new to the forum, please move this post to the appropriate thread per forum rules.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
angeldog wrote:
Hi Friends,

I am admitted to Booth Weekend MBA program (Spring 2016). I am live in Boston.

Two things:
- I am calling for the students of Weekend Spring 2016 class to connect with them.
- I am also looking for other weekend candidates that travel from Boston to Chicago every week and want to connect with them.

Thanks
AB

PS: Moderators, I am new to the forum, please move this post to the appropriate thread per forum rules.

Hi AB,

Glad someone came forward to connect with fellow students for Booth weekend MBA admits for Spring quarter. I will be travelling from Bloomington ,IL(not too far from CHI).Would be pleased to connect to fellow students.
BTW Did anyone go the SQA cum Welcome event for Spring Event invite sent by Booth ?I myself went there but found very few new fellow admits to spring quarter2016 ,although i did get a chance to interact with many current students.

Also, i wanted to confirm if the bidding for new classes will happen prior to launch. I actually have one event showing up in my booth upcoming events calender on the portal as "Phase -I spring quarter bidding". So was curious whether it is relevant to us.
Eagerly awaiting replies from fellow students.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Michael D. Armstrong ’02, EVP & GM at Viacom shares hard-won lessons

“It’s OK to trust your gut, but only if you know it has enough experience and data to make sound decisions,” Michael D. Armstrong ’02, EVP & GM, International Brand Development at Viacom

In 2002, 30 year-old Michael D. Armstrong, brand new to management with a brand-new MBA in strategy and marketing, made a radio buy without doing his research-making a few hundred thousand dollar mistake in his first managerial job. It nearly derailed his career. Today, as executive vice president and general manager of international brand development for Viacom, Armstrong shares how he recovered- and shares his hard-won lesson about the importance of research. Read more >>
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Anyone interested in sharing their interview experience at Gleacher? Haven't seen any from this cycle - much appreciated!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Data Dunk: Booth Marketing Club hears from Chicago Bulls marketers

As co-chair of the Booth Marketing Club leading Events, I’m always looking for new ways to help our members supplement the theory we learn in the Gleacher Center classrooms with real world marketer interactions. We recently hosted Juan Bell from Google, who spoke about how the fundamentals of marketing have remained constant through the digital revolution. We also took a Marketing Trek to some top companies with offices in Chicago – Tyson Foods, Wrigley and LinkedIn (you can read more about this Trek in an upcoming blog post!)

In my early quarters at Booth, I found these types of experiences to be among the most impactful elements of my educational process, so now as events lead for the Booth Marketing Club, I try to arrange as many of these activities as possible so that our new members can be exposed to what marketing looks like in its real world applications.

For this reason, when a former co-worker of mine who now leads digital strategy for the Chicago Bulls offered us the opportunity to meet with senior members of the Bulls marketing team, I knew it was too valuable an experience to pass up. Recently, a group of 25 Booth Marketing Club members attended the Chicago Bulls game at the United Center vs. the Miami Heat – but first, we had a meeting with a special panel comprised of some of the top minds driving the marketing behind the local team.

The panel was impressive indeed. Represented on it were members of the Chicago Bulls marketing team:

• Susan Goodenow, VP, Branding and Communications

• Matthew Kobe, Director – Business Strategy and Analytics

• Kevin Brilliant, Manager – Business Strategy and Analytics

• Lisa Nucci, Senior Manager – Branding

• Josh Kahn, Senior Creative Producer – BullsTV

• Luka Dukich, Manager – Digital Content

The hour-long panel, which was driven primarily by Booth Marketing Club member questions, covered a range of interesting topics, and shed new light on everything that goes into creating a sports brand behind the scenes. Far from the “jock” stereotypes, the brains behind the Bulls are strategic and deliberate in how they maintain an iconic brand with a heavy focus on measurement and analytics.

We learned about how the current Bulls marketers balance the legacy of Michael Jordan – which defines the brand for a generation of sports and culture fans alike – with an emphasis on the present. Kevin Brilliant, manager of business strategy and analytics, pointed out that even today, the most popular colors for basketball shoes globally are red and black; certainly a byproduct of the six-time Champion, His Airness. But, Jordan hasn’t played for the Bulls in more than a decade, and Jordan brand isn’t even currently officially affiliated with the Bulls at all. Why has this shoe trend maintained for so long? In many respects, the players on the current Bulls teams embody the same characteristics of the teams of the 90’s; grit, workmanship and a blue-collar toughness. The Bulls marketers have managed to identify this, and thereby translate the success of the past into equity in the present.

With a diverse student body at Booth, we were fortunate to have students in the Booth Marketing Club attend this event that grew up overseas and could speak to what it was like following Jordan on the other side of the world. In fact, we learned that experience was not unique and the Bulls have a massive following all over the globe. The challenge they have faced is monetizing that, due to the franchise model.  The Bulls can’t sell products outside of a defined geographic territory, so they spoke to us about some of the creative strategies they use to connect with their passionate fans overseas.

Finally, there was a large amount of discussion around the fact that no matter how much data and advanced marketing the six people in the room with us deployed, they had no ability to control the product on the floor. This is different than in a traditional consumer packaged goods marketing environment, where a brand manager can pull the “product” lever in a number of ways. With sports, whether the team is competitive or not has a major impact on the level to which fans engage, but there is nothing that can be done to control team quality from the marketing suite. The Bulls laid out a number of ways that they work to “record-proof” their team, from showcasing the in-arena experience to building equity in characters like Benny the Bull.

Following the panel, a number of the panelists generously stayed and answered individual questions from students. We then all posed for a picture at mid-court, and went to our seats to enjoy a competitive game vs. the Miami Heat. Both Marketing Club was even featured on the jumbo-tron at half time! While the Heat won a close game at the end, without a question the experience for all attendees was a slam dunk – a great opportunity to see the back of the house at one of the most legendary brands in the world.

Jake Toplitt | Current Evening MBA student | Co-chair, Booth Marketing Club
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Joyce Frost, ’89 on Making a Difference in the Lives of Others

During her keynote address at the 2015 Booth Women Connect Conference, Joyce Frost, ’89, partner at Riverside Risk Advisors, shared a piece of advice that has guided her like a beacon: “Follow your heart and see where your skillset can make a difference.”

From assembling Easter baskets at her father’s Lions Club in her hometown of Chicago, to founding Bronx Charter School for Excellence, sitting on the board of Friends of Bronx Charter School for Excellence, and serving as secretary of New York Cares, Frost has turned her passion into something greater. Read more about her story >>
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Preparing for the GMAT or GRE exam

We know that deciding to pursue an MBA is a big decision, and choosing the right program is an even bigger one. There are a few things that might seem like big steps in the application process such as letters of recommendation, updating your resume, to submitting transcripts and essays, to name a few. One big step is preparing for and taking the GMAT of GRE exam, a requirement for all Chicago Booth applicants.

To help you as you prepare to take the GMAT, or GRE exam, Current student Jackie DiMonte offers her advice on preparing for the GMAT, including:

• What to consider when choosing a part-time MBA program

• Planning your remedy for pre-test nerves

• How to fit studying for the exam into your busy schedule

• Planning your day before the exam

Read more about Jackie's advice, and start creating your preparation plan. We look forward to working with you throughout your admissions journey.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Meenakshi Dash, ’08 on her time at Booth and her newest collection

With a BFA in painting from the Art Institute of Chicago and an MBA from Booth, Meenakshi Dash, ‘08 is as adept at making business decisions as she is at making neon street murals in New Jersey or necklaces of melted-down silver she procures from Indian pawn shops.

At bal’d?r-dash’, the one-woman multidisciplinary art and jewelry studio she founded in 2009, Dash draws on influences from her international upbringing—from Delhi to Brooklyn, Chicago to London, Singapore, and China. Now based in Jersey City, she’s equally omnivorous in her cultural samplings.

Read more about what she’s into this winter, and about her time as an Evening MBA student at Chicago Booth.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Did anyone apply for both FT and PT programs at the same time?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts