Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:10 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Scrum Alliance
Own Kudos [?]: 169 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2016 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: Satya Nadella ’97, ceo at Microsoft on 'How he Works'

Satya Nadella ’97, ceo at Microsoft, recently sat down with Wall Street Journal to discuss topics from his morning routine, to best piece of career advice he’s received. While a student Nadella returns to Booth to meet with students and talk about his experiences.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V26
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2016 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
kylesoumar wrote:
Just was accepted to the Spring CBF Program!

Hey, congrats on your admit!! I am planning to apply for spring 2017 and I am taking my GMAT in June. My target score is around 650-660. Is that score sufficient to get in to evening MBA at booth or do I need to get around 700? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
Send PM
Kudos
I just submitted my app to the Autumn 2016 weekend program, and will have the interview next week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shynic89 wrote:
I just submitted my app to the Autumn 2016 weekend program, and will have the interview next week.

Do you mind sharing your stats. I am planning to apply for winter 2017.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V42
GPA: 3.79
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
hideyoshi wrote:
Anyone applying for the Autumn 2016 Weekend MBA program?

Hey hideyoshi ! I just sent my app for Autumn 2016 Weekend CBF yesterday. Had my interview way back in January (since CBF interviews all applicants). Trying my hand at this despite super unimpressive stats and recently quitting my job.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
banty1987 wrote:
shynic89 wrote:

Sure.

Chicago, IL Resident
WE - 48 months
Industry - Private Equity
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shynic89 wrote:
banty1987 wrote:
shynic89 wrote:

Sure.

Chicago, IL Resident
WE - 48 months

Thanks! whats your GMAT score? my target score is 650-660 is that enough for evening MBA at booth??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
banty1987 wrote:
shynic89 wrote:
banty1987 wrote:

Sure.

Chicago, IL Resident
WE - 48 months

Thanks! whats your GMAT score? my target score is 650-660 is that enough for evening MBA at booth??

With that target range, I think you'd be on the lower end of the middle 80 percent of GMAT scores Booth admits for part-time (if I remember, it's something like 650-720). Granted, I'm applying with a 660 GMAT and an unspeakable quant score for weekend so...I'll see where that goes.

Anywho, if you could bump your target up to 690-710, you would position yourself more competitively.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for your reply. Since I have couple more months before I take my gmat I will try to bump up my score to 690ish. Good luck on your application

Intern
Intern
Send PM
banty1987 wrote:

[/quote]

https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/evening#simple2

I got 770, but the middle 80% range is 610-730. I think your target score should work, but obviously the higher the better.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
banty1987 wrote:
kylesoumar wrote:
Just was accepted to the Spring CBF Program!

Hey, congrats on your admit!! I am planning to apply for spring 2017 and I am taking my GMAT in June. My target score is around 650-660. Is that score sufficient to get in to evening MBA at booth or do I need to get around 700? Thanks.

Depending on what kind of work experience you have, I would highly recommend retaking the exam; the lower end of the GMAT score range that is presented on the Booth website is generally represented by those in quant intensive/management consulting/other business related job in which the work the applicant has been doing usually is able to speak for itself (that the applicant is able to handle working while taking classes)

Source: extensive research and talking to students on campus
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog: From the Military to Booth

The shift from the military to a part-time MBA and a business career can be daunting—veterans benefit from support to smooth the transition. At Chicago Booth, veterans can count on assistance from alumni, school administrators, and members of the student Part-Time Armed Forces Group, to financial help under the government’s Yellow Ribbon Programs. Here, some Evening MBA and Weekend MBA students share their experiences.

“When I was ready to apply to business school in the summer of 2014, I was still deployed. I had missed the deadline for other programs. But Booth let me interview, and I jumped on the next flight to Chicago. On my way back home, I got the call that I was accepted. Booth took a chance on me.”

--Victor Perez |Current Weekend MBA student

“When I became interested in applying to Booth, the admissions staff put me in touch with other veterans. I sent them my essays and they gave me feedback. The veteran community was supportive throughout the process.”

--Kate Besser | Current Evening MBA student

“Kate Besser recruited me to the Armed Forces Group pretty quickly. We help prospective students in the same way that we were helped. They want to know, what is the interview like? What were your best classes? I told them about my experiences—the lessons learned and what I could have done better.”

--Breg Hughes | Current Evening MBA student

“Booth has a welcoming, accepting culture. You can open up and express yourself. When I started in the Weekend MBA program, I was teaching at Notre Dame. Talking with fellow students who were working in finance made me want to try something else. I loved the idea of the fast pace and doing $100 million deals. I decided to leave the military and I was accepted into an intern program for veterans at Wells Fargo.”

--Victor Perez | Current Weekend MBA student

“Booth teaches you the value of networking.  That’s not something that is necessarily encouraged in the military. You go where the Navy needs you. But it’s a critical component to a professional career.”

--Kate Besser |Current Evening MBA student

“My finance classes in quantitative investment, central banks, and money and banking provided phenomenal information on the way the economy works. That helped me right away in my job in wealth management at Merrill Lynch. I was able to have more sophisticated conversations with clients.”

--Breg Hughes |Current Evening MBA student

To learn more about the student experience visit https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/ewviewbook
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got into the Weekend Program - Autumn 2016. Anyone who has been accepted from Madison, WI ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sam2188 wrote:
I got into the Weekend Program - Autumn 2016. Anyone who has been accepted from Madison, WI ?

Not from Madison, but congrats!

I applied up against the deadline last week and am still waiting to hear back. How quick was the turnaround for you?

Also, did you apply for any of the special weekend offerings (Chicago Business Fellows or Civic Scholars)? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
it took 3 weeks since I submitted my application to hear about the decision. I applied for the regular weekend MBA program. Good luck with your application!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone, nice to meet you here. I also applied to the autumn 2016 and will have my interview on Sat 6/4.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks, sam2188 ! I just received a request of some supplemental material. Hopefully everything works and, and I may just see you at LAUNCH this August. :)

Congrats, mj2013 ! Are you heading out to Gleacher Center for your interview? If so, I might bump into you that day because I have a Saturday PM class there. Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts