GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Feb 2019, 07:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • GMAT vs GRE - Insider Insights and Tips to Help You Decide

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

12:00 PM EST

01:00 PM EST

Planning to apply to business school? Don't know which standardized test to take? Noodle Pros experts will discuss the nitty gritty of the GMAT vs GRE. Monday, Feb. 11th at 12 PM and 7 PM ET
  • Choosing the Right B-School

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

06:00 PM EST

07:00 PM EST

Which MBA program is right for me? How can I find the best fit? An experienced senior consultant from our partner MBA admissions consulting firm, mbaMission, will help prospective MBAs understand the differences that exist among top MBA programs.

Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 10:04
cg1990 wrote:
hanamana wrote:
For those who have interviewed at Booth - how long is the typical interview? 30 mins or 1 hour?

My interview lasted about 40 minutes.

I believe typical interviews are 30 minutes. :)
Current Student
B
Schools: Booth '19
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V50
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 16:14
dlee61 wrote:
cg1990 wrote:
hanamana wrote:
For those who have interviewed at Booth - how long is the typical interview? 30 mins or 1 hour?

My interview lasted about 40 minutes.

I believe typical interviews are 30 minutes. :)

The typical interview is around 60 minutes, but might spillover or get over sooner depending on the alumni. Alumni interviews are often unstructured and can take different paths. I had one back in India 2 years back and actually got a pre-MBA internship offer from the alumni!

Nakul Gupta
Chicago Booth MBA 2019
Founder at MyMBACircle

MyMBACircle is the leading network of MBA students and alumni mentoring MBA candidates throughout their journey. Join our community!

Intern
Intern
B
Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 17:21
NakulChicagoBooth wrote:

The typical interview is around 60 minutes, but might spillover or get over sooner depending on the alumni. Alumni interviews are often unstructured and can take different paths. I had one back in India 2 years back and actually got a pre-MBA internship offer from the alumni!

Ahh, so interesting! I did my interview last week on the Chicago campus, and the admissions staff gave a nice prelude before the official process began informing me the interview is usually 30 minutes with a current student or an admissions team member. Sometimes alumni if their schedules permit. After interviewing, I could definitely see it varying on different campuses with different people, for sure! Mine felt like it could have gone on forever since the conversation was so natural and easy-going!

Is the interview time different for evening/weekend applicants versus full time applicants?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.9
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 17:54
dlee61 wrote:
NakulChicagoBooth wrote:

Ahh, so interesting! I did my interview last week on the Chicago campus, and the admissions staff gave a nice prelude before the official process began informing me the interview is usually 30 minutes with a current student or an admissions team member. Sometimes alumni if their schedules permit. After interviewing, I could definitely see it varying on different campuses with different people, for sure! Mine felt like it could have gone on forever since the conversation was so natural and easy-going!

Is the interview time different for evening/weekend applicants versus full time applicants?

Hi,

Would you please let us know what questions you were asked?
Current Student
B
Schools: Booth '19
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V50
Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 18:16
arminy wrote:
dlee61 wrote:
NakulChicagoBooth wrote:

Hi,

Here are the common interview questions:
Tell me about yourself
Why do you want to do an MBA? Why now?
Why did you choose this business school?
What can you contribute to the class?
How do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years?

Remember that the Chicago Booth interview is blind. This means that your interviewer doesn’t have access to your essays and will only have a copy of your resume (they might or might not have read it), so be prepared for questions related to your previous studies and work. The questions you might get asked might vary tremendously but there are 5 questions above that we hear over and over again and that you should master.

Best of luck!

Nakul Gupta
Chicago Booth MBA 2019
Founder at MyMBACircle

MyMBACircle is the leading network of MBA students and alumni mentoring MBA candidates throughout their journey. Join our community!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 18:19
arminy wrote:

Hi,

Yea, definitely!

Note: I used this page (https://gmatclub.com/forum/booth-189/in ... brief.html) heavily to prep for this interview, and the questions were incredibly similar so I may be redundant in this post, but it was a great reference for myself and all the questions were straight forward and true to the people's experience in the booth debrief page. I highly recommend checking this out if you have an interview scheduled with Booth. I'll probably add my debrief in there as well!

My experience: I was interviewed by a 2nd year female student. It was incredibly casual, and as soon as we started she emphasized that she would prefer to keep it as casual as possible so the questions were a bit more natural and flowed well with our dialogue. They weren't direct questions since they were leading off from my answers, so I'll try my best to summarize the questions she was asking.

Tell me about yourself (I used this to not talk about my resume and more about myself personally).
Walk me through your resume (Next four questions were lumped into one answer for me since it was more conversational but I could tell this is what she was interested in).
Short-term/Long-term goals with MBA.
Why MBA now?
Why Booth?
What role do you play in a group setting/group project?
How would your friends describe you in one word?
What do you like to do in your free time?
Any questions for her?

During our banter, I asked several questions naturally between these "questions" and provided information in that direction as well. Such as, what classes I would like to take. I asked her what her favorite classes were in her time at Booth while we were on the "Why Booth?" part. She was part of clubs that I was interested in so we chatted about that heavily. How much interaction she had with FT and weekend/weekday students, etc. I was genuinely interested since this was my number one choice so the conversation flowed very well and was enjoyable.

Hope that helped!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.9
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2019, 16:27
dlee61 wrote:
arminy wrote:

Hi,

Yea, definitely!

Note: I used this page (https://gmatclub.com/forum/booth-189/in ... brief.html) heavily to prep for this interview, and the questions were incredibly similar so I may be redundant in this post, but it was a great reference for myself and all the questions were straight forward and true to the people's experience in the booth debrief page. I highly recommend checking this out if you have an interview scheduled with Booth. I'll probably add my debrief in there as well!

My experience: I was interviewed by a 2nd year female student. It was incredibly casual, and as soon as we started she emphasized that she would prefer to keep it as casual as possible so the questions were a bit more natural and flowed well with our dialogue. They weren't direct questions since they were leading off from my answers, so I'll try my best to summarize the questions she was asking.

Tell me about yourself (I used this to not talk about my resume and more about myself personally).
Walk me through your resume (Next four questions were lumped into one answer for me since it was more conversational but I could tell this is what she was interested in).
Short-term/Long-term goals with MBA.
Why MBA now?
Why Booth?
What role do you play in a group setting/group project?
How would your friends describe you in one word?
What do you like to do in your free time?
Any questions for her?

During our banter, I asked several questions naturally between these "questions" and provided information in that direction as well. Such as, what classes I would like to take. I asked her what her favorite classes were in her time at Booth while we were on the "Why Booth?" part. She was part of clubs that I was interested in so we chatted about that heavily. How much interaction she had with FT and weekend/weekday students, etc. I was genuinely interested since this was my number one choice so the conversation flowed very well and was enjoyable.

Hope that helped!

Thank you so much!!! Wish you good luck.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 14:11
I'm planning to apply to the Autumn 2019 entry well before the deadline - sometime early March.
If I were to complete the interview in March/April, does Booth still wait until after the deadline to make the decision?
I never got a clear answer from admissions about this.

Anyone familiar with the process, would appreciate the help.
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 14:58
Chicago 0-3 WE ppl, does anyone have the inside scoop on Chicago Business Fellows? Just learned about this program. Deadlines May & June for fall. https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/e ... candidates

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 15:07
If you are applying in April for summer start make sure to get an admissions event under your belt before applying. There's one downtown March 1 (linked below) If you cant make it at least participate in the online chat on March 5. https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/e ... ns-chicago

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 16:20
gmatkarma20 my understanding is that it is rolling and you should hear within 4-6 weeks.

Thread Master - Part Time MBA Programs
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 11:53
gmatkarma20 wrote:
I'm planning to apply to the Autumn 2019 entry well before the deadline - sometime early March.
If I were to complete the interview in March/April, does Booth still wait until after the deadline to make the decision?
I never got a clear answer from admissions about this.

Anyone familiar with the process, would appreciate the help.

Hi,

You will hear back within 4-6 weeks. I applied for the Autumn 2019 in December and heard back by early February. If you give them a heads up that you're awaiting fro application status from other schools, they are usually very flexible.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 17:33
hanamana I'm in a similar scenario. What did your email to Booth look like asking for an expedited decision? Most of what I read advises against it.

I was thinking of first asking for an extension on deposits. Did you try that route?

Thread Master - Part Time MBA Programs
S

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 07:59
hopeMBA321 wrote:
hanamana I'm in a similar scenario. What did your email to Booth look like asking for an expedited decision? Most of what I read advises against it.

I was thinking of first asking for an extension on deposits. Did you try that route?

Hi, I told them that I've already heard back from Berkeley Haas and Northwestern Kellogg and would love to hear back from Booth as soon as possible to make the informed decision. They will expedite the process (IMO), not sure why this would be perceived against it. With regard to deposits, I would also give them a reason why you need an extension for. Booth has proclaimed its flexibility throughout info sessions and chats, so hopefully they accommodate your needs
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 15:54
hanamana wrote:
hopeMBA321 wrote:

Hi, I told them that I've already heard back from Berkeley Haas and Northwestern Kellogg and would love to hear back from Booth as soon as possible to make the informed decision. They will expedite the process (IMO), not sure why this would be perceived against it. With regard to deposits, I would also give them a reason why you need an extension for. Booth has proclaimed its flexibility throughout info sessions and chats, so hopefully they accommodate your needs

I didn't request an extension on deposit, but I did request an expedited decision and also an extension of my decision deadline to accept at both Kellogg and Booth, and everyone was incredibly kind and understanding. I believe as long as you're polite, there is absolutely no negative connotation on requesting an expedited decision or extension on decision to matriculate. I specifically let them know that there were competing programs (listed the schools) who have notified me already, and I wanted to see if it was possible to expedite my decision in order to make sure I made the best decision based on all my options available. I never got a negative feeling from either program when requesting. I was even told by Kellogg's admissions via email and phone that it's very common for both schools (Booth and Kellogg) to accommodate and it's not frowned upon at all before I even requested the expedited decision, hence I felt more comfortable doing it as well.

By my personal experience, they were all in fact very friendly! Even got a call notifying me about a merit scholarship even after asking for an extension. I don't think extending is what got me the scholarship, so don't play that card, but it definitely didn't play any negative role in my application or interactions with either schools that I can see!

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 18:58
dlee61 thank you so much for your insight. How long did it take for you to hear about a merit scholarship after the decision (assuming booth as it's one of the few that does).

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 10:43
hopeMBA321 wrote:
dlee61 thank you so much for your insight. How long did it take for you to hear about a merit scholarship after the decision (assuming booth as it's one of the few that does).

I heard back within three business days after my acceptance call!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022   [#permalink] 18 Feb 2019, 10:43

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 77 posts ] 

Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap