GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 01:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Admissions Consulting: Five-Day Special for Hourly Services

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

09:00 PM PST

10:00 PM PST

There’s still time to enhance your resume, essays, and applications! Avanti Prep is offering Hourly Services for a flat rate of $175 per hour (no minimum) – a significantly below-market offer for one of the most well-regarded services available.
  • R1 Admission Decisions: Estimated Decision Timelines and Chat Links for Major BSchools

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

From Dec 5th onward, American programs will start releasing R1 decisions. Chat Rooms: We have also assigned chat rooms for every school so that applicants can stay in touch and exchange information/update during decision period.

Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Thread Master - Part Time MBA Programs
S
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.32
WE: Operations (Retail)
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2018, 16:13
rob22 wrote:
I have a question about the application section under "Motivation and Goals". There are two questions:

What is your short-term career goal? (250 word max)
What is your long-term post-MBA goal? (250 word max)

These are non-essay questions, and are short answer questions. I am wondering whether most people get close to the 250 word max, or put a simple answer of a few sentences. I feel like I could succinctly answer these in 2-3 sentences each and be < 100 words, but I could also put a lot more background to get closer to the max if they are looking for a more detailed response. I was surprised they give you this much room, because that's pretty close to the essay lengths (300 and 400 words).

Any thoughts on these questions and the level of detail in response?

This is actually a great question. For those who have received admission to the program, can you please provide insights?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Booth PT '22
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2018, 16:40
I am in the process of starting my application. I feel like my GPA is going to haunt me in all my applications. I have a consultation with Square One Prep tonight. I am going to re-take the GMAT on 01/12 and hopefully I can raise my score. Good luck to everyone who is currently awaiting a decision and hopefully I see some of you Spring 2019!!! :please

-Age = 37

-Race/ethnicity = Chinese American

- GMAT = 640 (Quant 44. Verbal 33. IR 5. AWA 6) - I have a scheduled re-take 01/12

- GPA = 2.52 ( UCI - B.A. Economics ) - Worked full time to pay for college. Did not really have the time to focus on school due to personal/family issues.

- Own my own Real Estate Investment start up - 3 years young. 5 rental properties. All paid off free and clear. Positive cash flow on all units. Increased revenue 200% YOY

- Work Experience = 19 years - Started when I entered undergrad at UCI overlooking a wholesale/distributor in the fashion industry. Started working in corp finance in 2008 - 2011 then switched over to Mortgage Banking Sales in 2012 till present.
S

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2018, 08:45
soloyolodolo wrote:
I am in the process of starting my application. I feel like my GPA is going to haunt me in all my applications. I have a consultation with Square One Prep tonight. I am going to re-take the GMAT on 01/12 and hopefully I can raise my score. Good luck to everyone who is currently awaiting a decision and hopefully I see some of you Spring 2019!!! :please

-Age = 37

- GMAT = 640 (Quant 44. Verbal 33. IR 5. AWA 6) - I have a scheduled re-take 01/12

- GPA = 2.52 ( UCI - B.A. Economics ) - Worked full time to pay for college. Did not really have the time to focus on school due to personal/family issues.

- Own my own Real Estate Investment start up - 3 years young. 5 rental properties. All paid off free and clear. Positive cash flow on all units. Increased revenue 200% YOY

- Work Experience = 19 years - Started when I entered undergrad at UCI overlooking a wholesale/distributor in the fashion industry. Started working in corp finance in 2008 - 2011 then switched over to Mortgage Banking Sales in 2012 till present.

Are you sure MBA is the right move with 19 years of WE? You could be a better fit for Executive if you're also running your own firm. I want to make sure you have evaluated both Executive and PT MBA before applying.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Booth PT '22
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 23:43
hanamana wrote:
soloyolodolo wrote:

-Age = 37

Are you sure MBA is the right move with 19 years of WE? You could be a better fit for Executive if you're also running your own firm. I want to make sure you have evaluated both Executive and PT MBA before applying.

Mybad I haven’t been on the forum in awhile. I just logged in and saw this post. Yes I considered executive but I really want to experience part time. I have a retake of the GMAT 12/22 and 01/12. I’ve been nose deep in studying hopefully raising my score to offset GPA. I’ve also signed up for mathematics for management at UCLA to help with GPA.

After I complete my GMATs I will re-assess my profile. How is everyone coming along with their apps? Hope all is well!!!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 570 Q41 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.07

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 08:12
soloyolodolo wrote:
hanamana wrote:
soloyolodolo wrote:

-Age = 37

Mybad I haven’t been on the forum in awhile. I just logged in and saw this post. Yes I considered executive but I really want to experience part time. I have a retake of the GMAT 12/22 and 01/12. I’ve been nose deep in studying hopefully raising my score to offset GPA. I’ve also signed up for mathematics for management at UCLA to help with GPA.

After I complete my GMATs I will re-assess my profile. How is everyone coming along with their apps? Hope all is well!!!

Sign up for a GSAL - Business Class and see how you do. If you do well and get in to Booth, you can use it as course credit. This will let you know if you are ready for Booth and also let admissions know if you are ready for Booth. https://grahamschool.uchicago.edu/acade ... e-business
BSchool Forum Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2018, 08:36
soloyolodolo wrote:
hanamana wrote:
soloyolodolo wrote:

-Age = 37

Hey soloyolodolo you seem to know exactly what you want. All the best with your GMAT and application.

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.

S

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2018, 16:34
rob22 wrote:
I have a question about the application section under "Motivation and Goals". There are two questions:

What is your short-term career goal? (250 word max)
What is your long-term post-MBA goal? (250 word max)

These are non-essay questions, and are short answer questions. I am wondering whether most people get close to the 250 word max, or put a simple answer of a few sentences. I feel like I could succinctly answer these in 2-3 sentences each and be < 100 words, but I could also put a lot more background to get closer to the max if they are looking for a more detailed response. I was surprised they give you this much room, because that's pretty close to the essay lengths (300 and 400 words).

Any thoughts on these questions and the level of detail in response?

How many words did you end up writing?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022 &nbs [#permalink] 16 Dec 2018, 16:34

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 47 posts ] 

Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap