GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 08:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member
Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2008, 16:49
The call for volunteers to make admit congratulatory calls came out today.... The time is near!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Chicago

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2008, 17:02
rhyme wrote:
The call for volunteers to make admit congratulatory calls came out today.... The time is near!

Do you know if the names are given randomly, or could a volunteer potentially request to call an admit that they knew personally?
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2008, 17:15
Thanks for the info rhyme. I was hoping they would start calling admits earlier than 18th. I'm actually gonna be on a long flight to India on 18th and that would have been really tough for me to not be able to see my decision till 19th. This way, if I don't hear before I leave on 17th evening, at least I will know what the decision is gonna be, even though I won't like it.
Current Student
Schools: Wharton '11

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2008, 17:16
Let's hope we all get a call from you Rhyme!! 8-)
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2008, 17:22
mbagal2011 wrote:
Thanks for the info rhyme. I was hoping they would start calling admits earlier than 18th. I'm actually gonna be on a long flight to India on 18th and that would have been really tough for me to not be able to see my decision till 19th. This way, if I don't hear before I leave on 17th evening, at least I will know what the decision is gonna be, even though I won't like it.

I think someone said on an earlier page that admit calls start going out a few days before the 18th...so you'll hopefully hear before your flight!
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2008, 17:35
cougarblue wrote:
rhyme wrote:

Do you know if the names are given randomly, or could a volunteer potentially request to call an admit that they knew personally?

They are not totally random, in my case I chose to call people with my citizenship. Volunteers could request to call a specific candidate if we knew someone applying.

Rhyme´s guide to interviewing
http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/t55030

Kwam's Profile
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t57360

Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2008, 19:46
kwam wrote:
They are not totally random, in my case I chose to call people with my citizenship. Volunteers could request to call a specific candidate if we knew someone applying.

So do you already know the names of the people you will be calling? Or did you just indicate that when you signed up?

I would assume the adcoms are still making decisions.
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2008, 20:11
sonibubu wrote:
kwam wrote:

So do you already know the names of the people you will be calling? Or did you just indicate that when you signed up?

Just to make it clear. We volunteers have no idea about the people who will get admissions. We signed a form with some characteristics of people we would like to call and a final question was if we know any applicant and if she/he gets admissions we would like to call her/him.

Volunteers will receive only after Jan/5 the contacts and will call only after this date.

Adcom is certainly still working on decisions.

Kwam's Profile

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2008, 20:27
Guys, since I am going to be away, if I change my phone number in my personal details in the application section, do you know whether this change will take immediate effect? I am now in Asia but I am going back to South America for the holidays.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone!!!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2008, 21:38
kwam wrote:
sonibubu wrote:
kwam wrote:

Just to make it clear. We volunteers have no idea about the people who will get admissions. We signed a form with some characteristics of people we would like to call and a final question was if we know any applicant and if she/he gets admissions we would like to call her/him.

Volunteers will receive only after Jan/5 the contacts and will call only after this date.

Adcom is certainly still working on decisions.

After Jan 5th? So your calls are just additional phone calls to congratulate people who already know they are admitted - you are not making the actual admit calls, right?
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2008, 22:59
You're right, it's just a additional welcome call. Adcom actually makes the official call, and last year they started 2 days before. I received the night - in my place around 9PM, it was around 3PM in Chicago - before the deadline. Last year it seems that they tried to reach everybody before the deadline, but for some especial cases, such as people in transit of extremely time zone differences, people got to know with at the deadline.

Good Luck!

Kwam's Profile

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 05:57
ac8706 wrote:

I think someone said on an earlier page that admit calls start going out a few days before the 18th...so you'll hopefully hear before your flight!

That will be great, if I do hear before I leave!
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 09:22
Here's an article about top MBA schools offering more full scholarships.

Booth is featured with their Barclays Fellowship program. I wonder if there will be one of us who will be selected for this fellowship

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/12/prweb1696064.htm

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 10:46
kwam wrote:
You're right, it's just a additional welcome call. Adcom actually makes the official call, and last year they started 2 days before. I received the night - in my place around 9PM, it was around 3PM in Chicago - before the deadline. Last year it seems that they tried to reach everybody before the deadline, but for some especial cases, such as people in transit of extremely time zone differences, people got to know with at the deadline.

Good Luck!

I think I am just going to turn off my phone during the day - last year was just too nerve-racking for me...I couldn't focus on anything.
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 16:08
sigity wrote:
kwam wrote:

Good Luck!

I think I am just going to turn off my phone during the day - last year was just too nerve-racking for me...I couldn't focus on anything.

I agree, I couldn't do anything at that day.

Kwam's Profile

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2008, 15:45
hang in there r1 gmat clubbers! best of luck!

i'm frantically getting my act together for r2 application and i'm a little confused by the format.
i thought the 2008 application had a template for standard resume (can't remember what it looked like exactly, but something about salary info and # of people managed?) but i don't see one for 2009. is there a chicago-specific resume format for the application or is it ok to use a standard format (used for other applications, no info on salary)?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2008, 19:55
js594 wrote:
hang in there r1 gmat clubbers! best of luck!

i'm frantically getting my act together for r2 application and i'm a little confused by the format.
i thought the 2008 application had a template for standard resume (can't remember what it looked like exactly, but something about salary info and # of people managed?) but i don't see one for 2009. is there a chicago-specific resume format for the application or is it ok to use a standard format (used for other applications, no info on salary)?

I think they eliminated the standard resume format for 2009 - its your resume, in whatever format you please.
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2008, 10:23
Studying for my Investments Finals:

Practice Exam:
18. Your uncle has asked for investment advice. Currently his entire savings are invested
in one-year treasury bills. He has been listening to his friends, however, and they are
advising him about some good stock picks. Using al l of the lessons from this course
what issues would you think about in designing a better portfolio for your uncle.
Provide a discussion of why these issues are important. Clearly indicate what advice
you would give your uncle.

My Answer: I'd say to my uncle to sell his T-bills, buy gold and other currencies, and keep his money out of banks. Actually I'd advise him to stay out of the market at all and invest all his money in traveling and beers as no matter what he does at these markets he will lose money.

Kwam's Profile

Director
Director
Schools: Oxford'10

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2008, 10:30
Cool! So they teach you about travelling and beers in Investments Class at Booth? I want in.
:-D
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2008, 10:57
thanks sigity!
Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 &nbs [#permalink] 08 Dec 2008, 10:57

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  45   46   47   48   49   50   51  ...  95    Next  [ 1889 posts ] 

Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap