GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 May 2020, 01:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
P
Joined: 10 Apr 2018
Posts: 309
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge
Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2019, 01:14
~80% invites for interviews in Bangalore, Delhi, and Mumbai have gone out. Remaining interviews will be held on Skype or on one of the campuses.

For people who have opted for Hyderabad as their preferred interview location, more invites will be rolled out in days to come.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jan 2018
Posts: 42
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V24
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2019, 01:22
Hey Siddharth . Does the application status also reflect on the application login ? If invited for the interview.

I have selected my location as Mumbai . So there is still lot of time right ?

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
"All problems are illusions of the mind"
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
P
Joined: 10 Apr 2018
Posts: 309
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2019, 01:35
rohitsubr wrote:
Hey Siddharth . Does the application status also reflect on the application login ? If invited for the interview.

I have selected my location as Mumbai . So there is still lot of time right ?

Posted from my mobile device


It should, but I can't confirm. In my case my application status does reflect in the account.

Yeah. Hope for the best.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Aug 2015
Posts: 14
Location: India
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2019, 01:40
1
Siddharth.

So it’s almost certain that people who have not got the invites yet should just accept that the hopes are dinged?

Thanks,
VG

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Aug 2019
Posts: 8
Schools: ISB '21 (D)
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2019, 06:53
I have chosen Mumbai as my interview date, but haven't received call yet. Does that mean I am rejected? If they are still in process of shortlisting, can anybody tell what cut-off that I can expect for last list?
Also, anybody with GRE score has received any call? If yes, please post your scores.
*Very Anxious*

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Dec 2019
Posts: 8
Location: India
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2019, 00:31
Those who are done with their interview, Can u update ur debrief asap?
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2019, 20:01
iamsiddharthkapoor wrote:
~80% invites for interviews in Bangalore, Delhi, and Mumbai have gone out. Remaining interviews will be held on Skype or on one of the campuses.

For people who have opted for Hyderabad as their preferred interview location, more invites will be rolled out in days to come.



iamsiddharthkapoor Is this confirmed news?

Anyone in this thread got an interview invite for Bangalore?

Also, will they let the candidate know of rejection also via an email or the portal or should we take "no invite" as rejection?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
P
Joined: 10 Apr 2018
Posts: 309
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2019, 22:32
JK2808 wrote:
iamsiddharthkapoor wrote:
~80% invites for interviews in Bangalore, Delhi, and Mumbai have gone out. Remaining interviews will be held on Skype or on one of the campuses.

For people who have opted for Hyderabad as their preferred interview location, more invites will be rolled out in days to come.



iamsiddharthkapoor Is this confirmed news?

Anyone in this thread got an interview invite for Bangalore?

Also, will they let the candidate know of rejection also via an email or the portal or should we take "no invite" as rejection?


JK2808

Yes. Those are the exact words of an ISB official.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Aug 2015
Posts: 14
Location: India
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2019, 23:20
Hope of getting a call is dimming by the day. :(

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jan 2018
Posts: 42
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V24
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2019, 01:33
iamsiddharthkapoor wrote:
JK2808 wrote:
iamsiddharthkapoor wrote:
~80% invites for interviews in Bangalore, Delhi, and Mumbai have gone out. Remaining interviews will be held on Skype or on one of the campuses.

For people who have opted for Hyderabad as their preferred interview location, more invites will be rolled out in days to come.



iamsiddharthkapoor Is this confirmed news?

Anyone in this thread got an interview invite for Bangalore?

Also, will they let the candidate know of rejection also via an email or the portal or should we take "no invite" as rejection?


JK2808

Yes. Those are the exact words of an ISB official.


Hey Siddharth,

Does that mean all Mumbai invites have been sent out? and the remaining 20 % are the ones for Campus and skype?
_________________
"All problems are illusions of the mind"
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
P
Joined: 10 Apr 2018
Posts: 309
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2019, 03:24
Quote:
Hey Siddharth,

Does that mean all Mumbai invites have been sent out? and the remaining 20 % are the ones for Campus and skype?


rohitsubr

Yes, that is the only logical inference. Haha.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jan 2018
Posts: 42
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V24
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2019, 03:49
iamsiddharthkapoor wrote:
Quote:
Hey Siddharth,

Does that mean all Mumbai invites have been sent out? and the remaining 20 % are the ones for Campus and skype?


rohitsubr

Yes, that is the only logical inference. Haha.


Man I so wished that was not true.
I applied with an unofficial score on the last day of the application.
Could that be a reason to delay the application review?
Please tell me this is also a logical inference.
_________________
"All problems are illusions of the mind"
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
P
Joined: 10 Apr 2018
Posts: 309
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge
Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2019, 03:59
rohitsubr wrote:
iamsiddharthkapoor wrote:
Quote:
Hey Siddharth,

Does that mean all Mumbai invites have been sent out? and the remaining 20 % are the ones for Campus and skype?


rohitsubr

Yes, that is the only logical inference. Haha.


Man I so wished that was not true.
I applied with an unofficial score on the last day of the application.
Could that be a reason to delay the application review?
Please tell me this is also a logical inference.


Hey rohitsubr.

I can't confirm but sorry to mention that I don't think that the time of submission has any impact on the application review. I submitted my application just an hour before the deadline, but I fortunately received my interview call a few days back. I hope you get your interview call as well.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jun 2019
Posts: 20
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 08:34
1
ISB website as well as lot of admission consulting websites say that folks will receive the interview invites within 5-7 days of the interview date in the preferred location. In that case, if the Mumbai interview dates are 4,5-Jan, ideally most of the interview invites should go out around 28,29-Dec. From what I see in this forum, its the opposite. Either we're not seeing the full picture from all the applicants or the process told by ISB and admission consulting websites is not the same this year.
Not sure what's the gap!
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 87
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GRE 1: Q165 V160
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 08:41
NitsOwl wrote:
ISB website as well as lot of admission consulting websites say that folks will receive the interview invites within 5-7 days of the interview date in the preferred location. In that case, if the Mumbai interview dates are 4,5-Jan, ideally most of the interview invites should go out around 28,29-Dec. From what I see in this forum, its the opposite. Either we're not seeing the full picture from all the applicants or the process told by ISB and admission consulting websites is not the same this year.
Not sure what's the gap!


Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 87
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GRE 1: Q165 V160
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 08:42
NitsOwl wrote:
ISB website as well as lot of admission consulting websites say that folks will receive the interview invites within 5-7 days of the interview date in the preferred location. In that case, if the Mumbai interview dates are 4,5-Jan, ideally most of the interview invites should go out around 28,29-Dec. From what I see in this forum, its the opposite. Either we're not seeing the full picture from all the applicants or the process told by ISB and admission consulting websites is not the same this year.
Not sure what's the gap!

NitsOwl I agree. I think the admission process has undergone a change this year. I have had people corroborate Siddharth's point of ISB having completed 80% of invites to Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi quite early. I have also heard that there is a something called a high priority application. This pertained to individuals with GMAT> 730. Apparently they were given first priority. R1 results for such individuals was also announced earlier.

With R3 being introduced this time ( I think it's the first time), I believe there's a lot of confusion.

I'm waiting for an invite to Hyderabad myself.

Let's hope for the best

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jun 2019
Posts: 20
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 08:47
Oh okay. Anyways, its better to be calm and wait till the weekend.

R3 was introduced last year though. Heard there was confusion last year, I believe this year would be more streamlined. Not sure!
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 87
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GRE 1: Q165 V160
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 08:48
NitsOwl wrote:
Oh okay. Anyways, its better to be calm and wait till the weekend.

R3 was introduced last year though. Heard there was confusion last year, I believe this year would be more streamlined. Not sure!


Let's hope so

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jan 2018
Posts: 42
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V24
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 09:14
yea i am in the same boat too. I agree that it’s best to stay calm and wait for the weekend to get over. Let’s all hope for the best. There is still 10 days to interview deadline. Fingers crossed

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
"All problems are illusions of the mind"
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Aug 2015
Posts: 14
Location: India
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 10:04
No Point speculating. R3 and R2 have overlap in terms of interview dates. If at all there is hope, then the invites would be sent to R2 candidates alongside R3 candidates.
Especially for cities like Delhi where interviews have already happened.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)   [#permalink] 24 Dec 2019, 10:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 64 posts ] 

Calling out those who have applied for ISB in round 2 (class of 2020)

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne